Clear All
No content found
Show More

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
Directory Topics Posts Last Post
Badcaps Capacitor & Electronics Repair Forum
Frequently Asked Questions (No Posting)
All new members, PLEASE READ HERE FIRST! Posting only allowed by established members.
Topics: 45 Posts: 733
45 733
Announcements & Related News
Site announcements, capacitor-related news, and anything relavant you might think of... Got News? POST IT!!
Topics: 234 Posts: 41,526
234 41,526
Document & Software Archive
Common Parts Library - Datasheets
Share or download datasheets or application notes for electronic components and other parts. Contribute your knowledge or ask questions. Before using please read our Terms of Service.
Topics: 1 Posts: 3
Last Post: ncp81208 datasheet
1 3
xaruqui
by xaruqui
General Topics
General Capacitor Questions & Issues
Questions and answers for identifying whether your device has bad capacitors. Also post general capacitor-related questions and issues here.
Topics: 3,180 Posts: 32,653
3,180 32,653
General Computer & Tech Discussion
Have just a general computer question, post it here. This can be anything from an OS issue, hardware issue not related to capacitors, upgrade question, or whatever basic tech-related issue is on your mind.... This is also a good place to share your tech projects!
Topics: 4,491 Posts: 74,781
4,491 74,781
stj
by stj
Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory
General Electronics Technical Discussion
If you have a general question concerning basic electronics theory or component function & usage, here's where it goes.
Topics: 3,961 Posts: 44,246
3,961 44,246
lotas
by lotas
Troubleshooting Desktop Motherboards, Graphics Cards, and PC Peripherals
Technical discussions covering any type of desktop motherboard, video/graphics card, controller card, or whatever other desktop peripheral you need help with. Any and all brands and models welcome. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 6,781 Posts: 37,078
6,781 37,078
Sub-Forums:
Troubleshooting & Designing Networks
Post your computer network questions, ideas, gripes, and so on in here. This can be any type of network, whether its cabled, wireless, or whatever. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 499 Posts: 5,433
499 5,433
Troubleshooting Laptops, Tablets, and Mobile Devices
Technical discussions covering any type of laptop, notebook, netbook, tablet, or smartphone. Any and all brands and models welcome. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 31,672 Posts: 301,245
Last Post: DA0P5HMB8H0 REV: H
31,672 301,245
karmatech
Sub-Forums:
BIOS Requests ONLY! (12,622/151,466)
Schematic Requests ONLY! (4,704/28,249)
Troubleshooting Computer Displays
Technical discussions covering any type of PC/computer display, whether it be CRT, LCD, or anything else. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 5,315 Posts: 75,661
5,315 75,661
Troubleshooting TVs and Video Sources
Technical questions about your defective television, projection screen, LCD/plasma, or any other type of video device. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 27,411 Posts: 374,182
Last Post: Samsung ue49mu6120
27,411 374,182
toptib
by toptib
Troubleshooting Power Supplies and Power Supply Design
Technical discussion for power supplies. This covers PC supplies, and any other related power supply issue. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 4,171 Posts: 65,149
4,171 65,149
Troubleshooting Printers, Copiers, Scanners and other Imaging & Printing Devices
Technical questions about your defective laser or ink printer, plotter, copier, scanner, and other imaging & printing devices. This section also includes digital cameras. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 300 Posts: 1,661
300 1,661
Troubleshooting Audio Equipment
Technical discussion on audio equipment troubleshooting and installation. This can be anything from a home/car stereo, guitar amp, and so on. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 2,312 Posts: 27,389
2,312 27,389
Troubleshooting Appliances and other Household Electronic Stuff
Technical discussion on household appliances & other household electrics & electronics; including troubleshooting and installation. This can be anything from a washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave oven, other sordid kitchen electrics and so on. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 221 Posts: 3,891
221 3,891
Troubleshooting Game Consoles & Other Weird Devices
This can be anything from game consoles to arcade games to anything else that doesn't really fit into any of the above categories. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 996 Posts: 10,838
996 10,838
Equipment Usage, Soldering, Techniques, and Reviews
Technical discussions concerning soldering techniques, usage of test equipment, how it works, what's best, and some pointers in using it all.
Topics: 1,374 Posts: 19,324
1,374 19,324

What's Going On?

Collapse

There are currently 681402 users online. 4082 members and 677320 guests.

Most users ever online was 1,196,122 at 03:31 PM on 12-14-2023.

Badcaps Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 101,876   Posts: 1,264,898   Members: 490,201   Active Members: 16,360
Welcome to our newest member, Syed Ehtisham Abdullah.

Latest Topics

Collapse

• aminsab
    Need bios Xiaomi Mi Gaming laptop
    by aminsab
    Hello,

i need Bios for Mi Gaming laptop core i5 G7

The laptop turn on and screen stay black not booting ( sometimes goes to li logo and freeze)

Thanks...
    Today, 04:49 PM
  • aaronkatrini
    Help me find the short circuit on this WORKING Nvidia GTX1650
    by aaronkatrini
    Hi all,

Recently picked up this GTX1650 at a local flea market for a low price and wanted to use it on my secondary PC. I first tested the card and saw the fan spin for a split second and then nothing. Immediately I thought of a short circuit. Disassembled and found a shorted SMD capacitor, injected voltage into it (1V/4A) and two Mosfets got hot immediately (QN3103 & QN3107). Desoldered these Mosfets and the card turned back to life.

Bought replacements from Aliexpress and replaced them afterwards. Tried the card but still the saw the fan spin for a split second...
    Today, 03:15 PM
  • karlox
    BIOS HP Stream Laptop 14-ax113la
    by karlox
    Good morning, can someone share with me a copy of a working BIOS for this computer? I downloaded them from the hp page, but it is not working for me, I attach a copy of the backup of this card. The worst thing is that it's working for me, I have a suspicion that I'll have to program the EC, the motherboard license plate is DA0P9MB26A0 REV. A

Computer Data Under Repair
    HP Stream 14-ax113la
    MB DA0P9MB26A0 Rev. A
    SN# 5CD1495JDV
    Celero N4020

The team went into the workshop because it didn't detect the battery, an error was found in a AON6380...
    Today, 02:32 PM
  • r2digital
    klipsch kda-500 amplifier suitable power supply capacitor replacement ?
    by r2digital
    I have a klipsch kda-500 that would turn on and allow me to get into the web management but it was picking up a lot of noise from audio sources so i decided to replace the smd caps on the power supply along with radial one. Some one was in here before me and they basically burned the bottom side of the traces off for the radial cap but i was able to repair it without any real problem. I thought i did a good job sourcing out replacement caps but apparently not and now i can't get the power supply to turn on it just constantly try's to keep turning on. Attached is a picture of the power supply before...
    Today, 03:50 PM
  • petehall347
    anyone recommend an earth leakage clamp meter ?
    by petehall347
    have been looking at earth leakage clamp meters and its like a minefield out there . i wondered if anyone here had bought one that actually works properly ?...
    Yesterday, 01:31 PM
  • mabinternet001
    UNOLD Elegance Typ no. 58105 induction hotplate - Component identification
    by mabinternet001
    Hi, I need help to identify the component with marking "9003 KAUCHB".

A bit of background...
    I have an induction hotplate UNOLD Elegance Typ no. 58105 (with board CHK-A1.42S) which has a blown resistor.
    I have also located the problem in the SOT23-6 component with the marking "9003 KAUCHB"; the pin 5 was disconnected from the IGBT emitter (ground) due to the high temperature and this caused the IGBT to be permanently ON.
    I replaced the resistor and resoldered pin 5 of the SOT23-6 component to the IGBT, the hotplate worked for about a month and...
    Yesterday, 12:55 PM
  • Bholu
    MTC Mtc4k58s21 58" TV Hk.T.Rt2851P838
    by Bholu
    Hello friends, I have MTC 58' TV which has stand by position. I thought the software was corrupt. I have downloaded the software from the internet but the data is not matching. The format window is opening from the TV software but none of the buttons on the remote or TV are working. Why? Can I edit this software with a hex editor? Is there any guide to edit this? Or does anyone have access to this software? Thank you very much for your help.

model no.---'[Mtc4k58s21]
    panel---D58-M30...
    Today, 03:18 PM
  • crosswinds
    Assistance with identifying replacement caps on ASUS P5VDZ-MX
    by crosswinds
    Hello,

So, pulled a motherboard out from storage, was working when put away, wont post when I took it out of storage today.
    Since it was working, and it looks to be essentially time that killed it I figured its a good idea to replace the caps before digging further.
    Looks to be only good quality caps on this board, so might not be the issue. But it is closing in on 20 years now so, wont hurt i guess

Its a ASUS P5VDZ-MX board.

I would really appreciate some assistance on what the best replacement caps would be for these:

Panasonic(M)...
    Yesterday, 04:25 PM
  • ub6ib969
    HP Pavilion 15-cs0015nia DAG7BMB16E0 REV:E BIOS help?
    by ub6ib969
    Hi, unit will power on and displays the HP splash screen and gets stuck. Tried F10, ESC to get to the BIOS however the CAPS LOCK key flashes 5 long and 4 short. I have attached the information below if anyone can assist. Thanks in advance.

[B]Model[/B]
    HP Pavilion - 15-cs0015nia
    [B]Product[/B]
    4XL67EA#BH5
    [B]Serial[/B]
    5CD83574CD
    [B]Motherboard[/B]
    DAG7BMB16E0 REV:EHi, unit will power on and displays the HP splash screen and gets stuck. Tried F10, ESC to get to the BIOS however the CAPS LOCK key flashes 5 long and 4 short. I have attached...
    Yesterday, 04:25 PM
  • Pelayo García Bárcena
    MSI B4MW motherboard schematic
    by Pelayo García Bárcena
    Hello everyone, I need the schematic for the MSI Modern 14 BM4W.

Thank you very much in advance
    Today, 01:02 PM

Trending

Collapse

• aaronkatrini
    Help me find the short circuit on this WORKING Nvidia GTX1650
    by aaronkatrini
    Hi all,

Recently picked up this GTX1650 at a local flea market for a low price and wanted to use it on my secondary PC. I first tested the card and saw the fan spin for a split second and then nothing. Immediately I thought of a short circuit. Disassembled and found a shorted SMD capacitor, injected voltage into it (1V/4A) and two Mosfets got hot immediately (QN3103 & QN3107). Desoldered these Mosfets and the card turned back to life.

Bought replacements from Aliexpress and replaced them afterwards. Tried the card but still the saw the fan spin for a split second...
    Today, 03:15 PM
  • karlox
    BIOS HP Stream Laptop 14-ax113la
    by karlox
    Good morning, can someone share with me a copy of a working BIOS for this computer? I downloaded them from the hp page, but it is not working for me, I attach a copy of the backup of this card. The worst thing is that it's working for me, I have a suspicion that I'll have to program the EC, the motherboard license plate is DA0P9MB26A0 REV. A

Computer Data Under Repair
    HP Stream 14-ax113la
    MB DA0P9MB26A0 Rev. A
    SN# 5CD1495JDV
    Celero N4020

The team went into the workshop because it didn't detect the battery, an error was found in a AON6380...
    Today, 02:32 PM
  • Bholu
    MTC Mtc4k58s21 58" TV Hk.T.Rt2851P838
    by Bholu
    Hello friends, I have MTC 58' TV which has stand by position. I thought the software was corrupt. I have downloaded the software from the internet but the data is not matching. The format window is opening from the TV software but none of the buttons on the remote or TV are working. Why? Can I edit this software with a hex editor? Is there any guide to edit this? Or does anyone have access to this software? Thank you very much for your help.

model no.---'[Mtc4k58s21]
    panel---D58-M30...
    Today, 03:18 PM
  • bigboots
    Can anyone identify this ic marked AGR
    by bigboots
    As the title says. Can anyone please help identify this ic.
    Kind regards.AGRN16957...
    Today, 01:07 PM
  • norbiszoke
    Samsung 50AU7172, only blinking red light
    by norbiszoke
    Hello,

We have this set here in our shop that is not ginving sign of life besides red light that is blinking one time after pressing the button and nothing more... After detaching the mainboard from the PSU (this set has separate board thank god?! or not...) the backlight comes on. After reattaching nothing besides red light.... Can anyone from the forum help me here? Thank you in advance. Here's a link with images of the mainboard and the memory IC's that are on it.

Regards, Norbert!...
    Yesterday, 06:54 AM
  • Keshenatech1
    TDK ZWS150BAF-12
    by Keshenatech1
    Does anyone have a schematic or parts list for a ZWS150BAF-12 12V power supply? I have a dead one and I've determined the surface mount diode on the back side of the board that connects from the center leg of Q3 to the + side of the 420V 60uf capacitors has a 3.5 ohm short. I'm not having much luck trying to identify the diode as the part number is not very legible. In the attached picture, it's the black rectangular diode in the center. There are some numbers on it but I can't even tell if it's right side up or upside down. The picture is from a 2nd good working unit which is more legible...
    Today, 08:58 AM
  • tommy97
    HP omen HP 15-dh1005na - No charge while on
    by tommy97
    Hi,

We are having problem with HP omen [B]HP 15-dh1005na[/B] Motherboard:GPC54 LA-J662P Rev 1.0 laptop randomly restarts, and it did not charge battery. PQB01 we're blown replaced, laptop charging only while laptop is off. While the laptop is ON in windows, we're getting a message that charger wattage is incorrect, and it does not have a charging light at all. Tried on 180w, 120w and lab PSU, no change, while it's off it does charge on any charger.
    PQB 1&2 S&D 19.5v, G 24v.

The laptop does not power on while battery disconnected, only show white light on...
    Today, 09:57 AM
  • edugimeno
    Biomass Boiler not driving cleaner motor relay. ENERTRES BIOMASA BI-650
    by edugimeno
    Hi everyone!
    I have this board that suddenly stopped supplying power to an output that drives an interchanger cleaner motor.
    I checked while the board was in place with all wires attached and there's no AC voltage on the corresponding plug X5
    This X5 is driven by fuse F8 (tested OK) which comes from the second orange relay
    To make sure there are no charcoaled contacts inside the relay, I got a 24VDC power supply and got it ready to manually power up the coil side of these relays.
    I respected the polarity, positive to cathode of protecting diode
    So provided all...
    Today, 01:15 PM
  • Pelayo García Bárcena
    MSI B4MW motherboard schematic
    by Pelayo García Bárcena
    Hello everyone, I need the schematic for the MSI Modern 14 BM4W.

Thank you very much in advance
    Today, 01:02 PM
  • aminsab
    Need bios Xiaomi Mi Gaming laptop
    by aminsab
    Hello,

i need Bios for Mi Gaming laptop core i5 G7

The laptop turn on and screen stay black not booting ( sometimes goes to li logo and freeze)

Thanks...
    Today, 04:49 PM
Working...
X