Asus Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee 1005HA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee 1005HA

So, I have this Asus Eee PC1005HA that's not powering on, not getting anything from the charger being plugged in all of that good stuff! I cracked the little guy open and pulled out the board and found a crusty little ____________ right near the DC input. I cleaned up where the ______________ once was and I have posted a picture below.

Can you help me fill in the blank?
    Or does anyone have the schematics for this board?

Thanks guys!!!!!
    Attached Files

Re: Asus Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee 1005HA

Ah, let me add that board model is 1005HA Rev. 1.3.

I have not been able to find schematics for 1.3, however I was able to come across the 1.1. I don't know how similar the model would be and if there is any difference in the way they set up the incoming power.

Comment

I wonder if thats a fuse. not sure I can see the traces enough to tell if its parallel to those two smd caps.
      Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
      ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

I was thinking it was a fuse, but how would I even go about trying to find out the specs on it? I just took it off, there was nothing but blown remains, This thing really popped! I wish I could find some schematics for this, unfortunately all I was able to find it for was the rev. 1.1. Well, I will continue my search in the morning. Thanks for your post though!

Thank you,
        Pete

Comment

one way you can tell, albeit may not be a good idea (see: last resort). Is to jump the connection with a blob of solder. If it works, its probably a fuse. If it catches fire/explodes or in any way destroys the power adapter or board components, suffice it to say its not
          Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
          ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

True! I think I'm going to hold off on that for now... lol! I'm going to see what I can find on this and go from there. I think I'm going to email Asus as well to see if they would be willing to supply any information. Even if I can narrow it down to a fuse, I have no clue what fuse to put in it's place.

Comment

So, as I'm sitting here looking around for additional information regarding this board, it hit me! I think I have a similar Asus Eee PC1005HA in my computer graveyard. So, I go take a look and to my surprise, I do have one! I crack the thing open and it's my lucky day! The motherboard is Rev. 1.3! Well, here is a shot of what is intended to be in the place where the blow out was!
              Attached Files

Comment

Seems to be a common fault with Eeeeee PCs:

http://zaverio.com/~asbesto/lab/701/

Looks like a small 1A SMD SOD323 diode. What is the input current rating of the laptop?
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

2.1a

Comment

I
                    Last edited by Peter9DO; 04-30-2012, 10:40 AM.

Comment

OH MY GOD I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!

That only took 2 hours!!! Now I have to see if I can purchase it somewhere... I'll be back with results in another 2 hours! lol!

Comment

Here it is:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine....eyword=mbr0540

For anyone who may be looking for these parts, I just saved you hours of work looking for it!!!!

Comment

Here is the DC power schematic for the Asus Eee 1005HA. This is REV. 1.1 but the diode is the same for REV. 1.3.

Now, I will stop overloading my own thread with comments... lol!
                          Attached Files

Comment

So how did it go? Did you replace it yet?
                            Guns don't solve problems. I'll take 12

Comment

No, I have to order the parts. I didn't want to take it off the other board, because all that needs is a little reflow or reball. I have a couple of monitors to open that will most likely need some caps so once I get a parts list together big enough to make it worth the shipping charge I will place the order and give it a shot.

I will be sure to update the thread with the results though.

Comment

Hello Peter9DO,
                                I have the same problem with my Asus EEE PC 1005HA.
                                I inverted the polarity and now it can't recharge battery, even if, using a full battery, he works very well.
                                I opened it and I saw that I have the same burnt chip. Have you repaired your pc? Does it work now?

Thanks in advance,
                                Max

Comment

Hello
                                  Everyone,

I have the same issue with a 1005ha....burned diode caused by reversed polarity charging...( that is the function of this diode ).
                                  I ordered some new ones at farnell...hope to receive them in a few day's

Comment

i replaced the diode and it still didn't work. I wish you the best of luck...keep us updated how it goes!

Comment

Hi All, I am having a similar problem. My eee pc 1005HA will power on with charger only.

Bought a new Battery, New charger and Internal Power Jack (Installed to Motherboard).

Same problem. Display on computer says charging but doesn't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

Comment

I managed to make a working netbook out of 2 non working Asus EeePC 1005HA.

The 2nd netbook has a broken LCD, damaged battery (doesn't charge on the working netbook) and no keyboard. If I use a charged battery it works fine when connected to an external monitor and USB keyboard, but it doesn't accept power from the AC charger.

It's missing the same component has in the 1st post, however it looks clean enough to make me believe there was never anything soldered in that place. This board is revision 1.3G. Maybe my problem is elsewhere?

EDIT:

There's a topic on a Polish forum with schematics for 1005HA 1.1G, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.3G but you'll need 8 points to download EACH schematics and you only get 5 for registering. Yay...

I also found pictures of 1.3G and it really seems I'm also missing the component:
                                        http://s019.**********/i630/1209/a5/ffaddf210716.jpg
                                        http://s019.**********/i627/1209/80/95c1cca77c32.jpg
                                        Last edited by johnye_pt; 12-08-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X