This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone! I'm newbie here.

Hi guys. I'm here to search and destroy the bad capacitors from China and Island China stuffs. They really make people annoy. I pulled too many bad caps from their cheap made junkies. You gotta help me guys!

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Afternoon, everyone, from sunny London, where the skies are perpetually grey (well, feels like that sometimes!)

Been meaning to join for a while now, and finally found the time. Looking forward to contributing, though my experience is relatively limited (only done a few mobos and some graphics cards).

Have a good Sunday all.

Cheers, Jon.

Comment

Just want say Hello! to all. I am a noobie to the electronic world but have always enjoyed taking thing apart and fixing them or at least getting spare parts. I found this forum and believe I would enjoy repairing old items that cost hundredsto replace but could be repaired for pennies...

Comment

New member -- gelatinous

Hello,

I just want to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I live in Victoria BC. I am always tinkering with different electronics.

Just thought I'd say hello.

Comment

I'm happy to have found this forum. My first computer was an Amstrad 8MHz. (That goes way back). There have been several others in between this one. Now I'm running an HP with W7 64bit and a 4 core AMD with 10GB. I found Badcaps while searching for a solution for my suddenly dead Samsung SyncMaster 941BW monitor. I found that another had a similar problem, and a solution was offered..probably bad capacitor(s). So, I'm going to open the monitor, check the components, and replace any that are defective. Thanks for being here. I'll fill you in on my progress.

Norm

Comment

Aloha, I came across your site while researching capacitor replacements. I'm just now starting to learn about soldering and capacitor replacement but have been in the IT industry for 12 years. Looking to become a better technician through actual electronics REPAIR as opposed to swap
              We have lots of equipment in an outdoor environment and I'm seeing plenty of issues with caps.

Comment

Hey coming here from the Mitten State. I have multiple hats but the newest one is that of auction buyer. Some of the time I buy a lot that is store returns. 50% of the stuff is fine and I can sell but the others don't work. So I need to learn how to fix them so I can make some money on them. I am completely a infant when it comes to hardware but I love to learn so I'm hoping that I'll be able to learn something and fix some stuff.

Comment

Hello every one at the forum ,
                  my name is Sal and I'm from NY at this moment I just want to say Im happy to find your website because what ever I learn from you people I'm going to used to help out my community of friends that need help with they computers and can not afford to pay to be fix

Comment

hello I'm haileys_crazy_daddy

Comment

Hello All. I surfed my way here to find a fix to a Samsung monitor and now I am recapping my mobo. I am from south of Atlanta, Georgia and work from home.
                      I have only been here for a few weeks but am already addicted to reading the posts and gaining the knowledge. I'm 44 and married with 2 children that love their daddy !!

Comment

i remove a damaged pc 90 off my acer aspire 5920 and before I reasamble everything back in place I connected the mob with the sreen and the power when on and show that was running my question is can I run the comp with out the capacitor?

Comment

The name's Andy, and I am currently a broke college student trying to make a buck reselling "broken" tvs to friends/family/who ever is in need of a TV. It started with one and now I have seven fixed tvs under my belt! or in my wallet... haha

Comment

Hello I'm Hardware, a tech grunt that went back to school to become an electronics engineer. Normally don't say much although when I do it's to help someone.

Great site, thank you for hosting it.
                            Last edited by hardware; 05-09-2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Hi all. Been lurking these forums for a while looking for a fix for my dying Samsung 2493HM. I didn't find the answer posted already, but I'm confident I can figure it out with the help of the wizards on here

Comment

I found this forum when my Magnavox tv stopped working. It always had an intermittent issue with the green power light. I haven't repaired it yet, the caps are all good.

I work at a hospital and I maintain the medical equipment .
                                I started pulling monitors from the recycling area. I have am amazed at how many of them have bad caps.

I have repaired close to 20 flat panels and have noticed many bad caps on pc's. I also collect vintage stereo equipment, mostly from the early 70's. Its nice to work on equipment that was meant to be repaired and well built.

I work 2nd shift so its time to get ready for work. I like to go to the thrift store on my way to work, you never know what you will find. What a great source of information. Thanks

Comment

Hi, Moses here - retired tech trying to keep in touch with the repair industry.
                                  Current interests are experimenting with battery desulfating and repairing electronic items otherwise headed for the garbage tip.
                                  Seem to be in constant need of circuits/maintenance manuals.
                                  Current projects are:-
                                  A Philips Plasma (about 8 years old - intermittent)
                                  An old Kikusui CRO (model 555)
                                  A couple of monitors (inverters OK)
                                  Have a keen interest in SMPS units (large & small).
                                  Usual test equipment - DVMs, CROs, Audio osc, RF Osc, LCR bridge etc.
                                  happy to help others.

Comment

Hello Everybody - New Guy Onboard

My name is Richard and I've been in the electronics repair biz for over 20 years. I'll visit here if I get stuck and compare some notes or, offer some insight to what I'm finding with the newer Tvs. My first posts will be in regards to my findings with newer model Vizio Tvs, I've been studying the boards in depth.

Comment

Hey,

So I've got a degree in electronic engineering, but I want to gain some experience fixing real world problems.

Steaky

Comment

Hi All,
                                        Found this site whilst looking for a fix for my Philips PHP-X19 monitor.
                                        Thanks to you guys I am now armed with the knowledge to effect a cheap repair, (limited funds), and breathe new life into something that would have gone to landfill.
                                        Thanks again and now that I have found you I will be making frequent visits and hopefully submitting something back in return.
                                        Joey

There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
                                        Last edited by joey3333; 05-12-2012, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Hi all,
                                          New member here. First, a big THANK YOU to the website/forum owners & moderators.
                                          Months ago I was searching on Google for what might be the problem with my LCD computer display.
                                          This site came up in the search results.
                                          After some reading here and elsewhere, it looks like the problem is most likely some bad caps.
                                          Haven't had time to take the display apart yet, but when I do, will start by first spending some more time reading here.

Comment

Working...
                                          X