Sharp Lc37sb24u Power problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Lc37sb24u Power problems

I am currently working on a Sharp Lc37sb24u. I was originally thinking it had a bad inverter board but now I am not so sure. When I turn the tv on the picture comes up with audio for about 2 seconds the picture then goes out while audio is still working (picture can still be seen with a flash light pointed at the screen). The TV then clicks again and the audio goes out and the power light will blink about once a second. I originally thought the inverter board because that usually is what is wrong in the LCDs when the picture goes out but audio remains. But with the power going out completely I am not too sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
    Attached Files

Re: Sharp Lc37sb24u Power problems

Also as far as the lights go on the front of the tv this is what I get:
    When I plug it in power light blinks green once a second
    Hold down power button 5-10 seconds power light turns red
    Push power button again power light and opc light solid green
    picture turns on 3-5 seconds then goes out along with opc light (can still see picture with flashlight)
    Power light stays solid green for additional 3-5 seconds then goes back to blinking once a second (picture unable to be seen at all)

Comment

Does anybody have input on this?? I could really use the help

Comment

Originally posted by Jessebsbll View Post
        I am currently working on a Sharp Lc37sb24u. I was originally thinking it had a bad inverter board but now I am not so sure. When I turn the tv on the picture comes up with audio for about 2 seconds the picture then goes out while audio is still working (picture can still be seen with a flash light pointed at the screen). The TV then clicks again and the audio goes out and the power light will blink about once a second. I originally thought the inverter board because that usually is what is wrong in the LCDs when the picture goes out but audio remains. But with the power going out completely I am not too sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
        I hate Sharp TVs, but let's give it a try.

The symptoms match 'Two seconds to black', except for the TV shutting down. One possible scenario is the inverter sends a status signal back to the main board; the main board shuts down when it learns the inverter has a problem. A second possibility is the power supply is not working properly, the inverter shuts down and the main board recognizes the power supply problem and shuts down. Of course, the third possibility is the main board turns off the inverter, then the power supply. Let's see if we can narrow this down.

There are two cables linking the power supply to the main board and one linking the power supply to the inverter. Quite often there will be labels indicating the function of each pin. Your pictures aren't good enough to show them.

The service manual (a limited one judging by the size of the file) is on Elektrotanya. There are also several repair notes, which may be helpful.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Were you able to get this fixed?

Comment

The unit turning off and blinking a 1hz error code is an inverter fail on Sharp TVs. After 5 times of this error, it will cease coming on. Many of these intermitent inverter problems on Sharp LCD TVs are due to grounding issues on the inverter board. Remove it, clean the ground pads around the screw holes that ground it to the panel. Also clean the screw heads, underneath side. This may fix your problem. If unit will not come back on, do panel error reset - unplug unit, press and hold Volume up and Channel down buttons on unit, then plug unit in while still holding buttons. Unit will power up, error will be reset.

Comment

Were you able to fix this? I have the same problem on the same model.

Comment

Originally posted by randtek View Post
                The unit turning off and blinking a 1hz error code is an inverter fail on Sharp TVs. After 5 times of this error, it will cease coming on. Many of these intermitent inverter problems on Sharp LCD TVs are due to grounding issues on the inverter board. Remove it, clean the ground pads around the screw holes that ground it to the panel. Also clean the screw heads, underneath side. This may fix your problem. If unit will not come back on, do panel error reset - unplug unit, press and hold Volume up and Channel down buttons on unit, then plug unit in while still holding buttons. Unit will power up, error will be reset.

I do panel error reset, it works on sharp i fixed last year.

Comment

Working...
                X