OCZ Powerstream 520

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCZ Powerstream 520

OCZ though making great power supplies, uses garbage caps, which just doesnt make sense to me.

ASIA-X 10v 1000uf 105c

Attached Files

Re: OCZ Powerstream 520

Asia-X? Is that a cap brand? If so, I've never heard of it - good or bad! I can see the Fuhjyyu logo on one of the other caps in the background though, along with a Teapo, so it looks like they're really cutting costs by using crap caps. Either that, or they simply don't know about the 'bad caps' phenomenon...

Recap it and it'll be great
    You know there's something wrong when you open your PC and it has vented Rubycons...

Comment

There must be a conspiracy with power supply mfrs. I have found them now in Emacs, Antec, Enhance and FSP/Sparkles. All are great supplies after recaps.

Comment

We have some Spire Rocketeer 550Watt supply's with Asia-X capacitors. So spire uses them as well, They are built by topower acording to that RU number on it.

Comment

I meant fuhjjyuu in previous post.

Comment

Is ashame so little difference between a "Quad fan mega turbo 8000Watt $5 + shipping PSU" and a $100 PSU, the difference seems so slight when the capacitors are nearly the same.
            Rubycon Rubycon Rubycon

Comment

i saw those caps in a NZXT Precise PRC-1000W PSU (review @ jonnyguru.com). The PSu will cost you ~$300. OEM is Topower.
              days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

wow that's a little sad for OCZ. Now i'm taking sideways glances at my Modstream

Comment

You should be taking sideways glances at Topower. Apart from the powerstream 510, most of their of their other offerings have been misses rather than hits when it comes to price/build-quality.
                  Q6700 @ 3.6 GHz
                  Zippy GSM-6600P
                  Curcial Ballistix PC6400 (4 x 1Gb) Micron D9GMH
                  Abit IP35Pro
                  ATi HD4870

Comment

my OCZ 520 had all same caps it killed my K8n Neo4 Platinum.... I recapped it though and the psu is working fine but the mobo I think might be permadead

Comment

Working...
                    X