This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Since everyone is being so social, I guess I can adapt...
    lets hope you all can solve my problems

Comment

Hi,

Just found this forum, it was recommended in an article.

Comment

Hello World,

I've been a user from the good ol 80's.Stared in Operations on Tandems and IBM. Worked as a Communications Tech on Wall St using high-speed modems and muxes. Went to school to learn PL1, Cobal.CICS and C. Didn't like it that much because of always trying to hit the moving target. Started test hardware and software in time for the 2k scare. Been an SQA since then. Built a few test labs and picked up so nice skills along the way. Unemployed at the moment, but that's not going to stop me.
        Hope to see you out there.

Comment

Hello all,

I am an electrical engineer and occasionally likes to troubleshoot and fix electrical issues.

Comment

Just found this forum, and seems like a great source of TV enthusiast like myself. Hello everyone!

Comment

Hello.
              My name is Sebastijan and regards from Slovenia.

Comment

Hello, My name is Ken and I'm looking to this forum for some help repairing a couple of Sceptre X405BV-FHD3HC02 TV's. They don't power on anymore.

Comment

Hey guys, my name is Greg. Got a love for fixing things and a Engineering tech diploma. I'm 23 and still have a long ways to go, and would like to learn a tun on the way.

Comment

Greetings. My name is Mark and I'm a software guy by trade. I do enjoy maker type activities, and I currently have a need to diagnose and repair some electronics that I own. Thanks for having me.

Comment

Hi, Folks. My name is Jim and I got into electronics due to a high school graduation present (from my parents) of a radio & TV correspondence repair course with National Radio Institute in 1962. I joined the Air Force in 1964 and started a 20 year career working on AM, FM, and HF aircraft radio systems as well as their intercom systems. I worked part time in TV and CB shops near various bases I was stationed during those 20 years. I also worked for a couple of music stores repairing organs during that time. After retirement in 1984, I worked at a two-way radio shop for a few years leaving that for a job with South Dakota Public Broadcasting. I worked with them for 22-1/2 years doing field maintenance on the TV & FM transmitters as well as the microwave systems and TV/FM translators we have across the state. I retired from SD PBS in 2012. My wife & I built an ultralight-type plane called a Challenger in 1998 and still enjoy flying it as well as ATV 4-wheeling and motorcycling in the Black Hills area. I enjoy playing the organ and keyboard as well as calling square dances and the socializing that goes with a square dancing crowd.

Comment

Hi just found this forum. Was able to repair my old Acer AL1916W monitor myself a few years ago by replacing the capacitors. Thought I could do the same with my newer but just broken Asus Vh242 but apparently it was not as easy, and I thought I could get some help from here. Thanks!

Comment

Well, I have been stalking this site pretty hard, so much cool stuff here. When any of my co-workers ask me why a certain electrical device failed, I always say "capacitors". I went to avionics school at NAS Memphis back in 1985 and was nearly hopeless, getting a little easier to train in my old age. Live in NW Florida or LA (Lower Alabama) as it is sometimes called. Just finished tinkering tonight and want to post my pictures!

Comment

Quick hello,

well hello.. ok noob gone now?

Comment

Hello all, I have been looking for a forum which has a broad discussion board and I think I have found it...I am initiating my first post hoping to make friends and exchange ideas and expertise. Please be a little patient with me, since English is not my first language and will be making whole bunch of grammar and spelling errors. Please accept my apology in advance. I am about to start my first thread, regarding a couple issues that I have come across a few SMPS power supplies...I am hoping to get some help resolving my PS problems...Thank you again, and will do my very best to be a contributing member here...

Comment

Hello all

Capacitors, dont you jsut love them. Trying to resolve an issue in a Plasma TV full of electros.. Need a little help trying to find the issue with the 3.3v rail in a panasonic tv

Comment

Im fairly new to tvs, laptops, etc. Im a volkswagen technician by trade, but have found a hobby in repairing home electronics. Not much experience in it yet, but i have fixed a handful of red ringed xbox 360 units, and replaced a few capacitors causing issues in tvs. Im new to this and intend to learn as much as possible from this page! Thanks for the help each of you provide on this forum!

Comment

My name is Chris, I am 32, I have been working on TV's starting with DLP / RPLCD. I repair down to component level, rather than board level. I like to fix tv's and electronics. I don't know all, but have a plethora of knowledge.

Comment

Greetings everyone! I'm here on a mission, and that mission is to get assistance in my repairs. I've been repairing electronics for about 20 years or so. (I'm 38... been doing this since I was 18...). I'm not a properly trained electronics tech, but I was taught a bunch of things by a guy who did old school arcade repair.

I started with CRT monitors and TV's, and then moved up as technology advanced. I've repaired motherboards, accessory cards, automotive PCMs, cell phones (part swapping), and amateur radios. I also do some appliance repair, along with high voltage electrical (up to 460V), low voltage control systems, and automotive electrics and mechanics.

I currently work as a building automation technician. The HVAC control systems in office buildings and schools? I do that...

Comment

Hi, I'm new here. Been given a Panasonic plasma with a slight fault and looking for advice. thanks

Comment

Hi, well my tv broke so here I am.

I study engineering so I have no choice but to fix this myself or else be ridiculed...

Comment

Working...
                                          X