X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello Everyone,

My name is Michael and I have been in the Technology Field for 20 years. I am a well rounded Electronics / Computer Technician and enjoy the business. Recently, I sought out this resource to resolve an issue I had with a Panasonic Plasma TV. I'm seeing more and more Plasma TV /LCD abandoned on the curb for garbage pickup and I thought, "Hey That looks like a new 52 inch LCD, What could possibly be wrong"?? So, I started picking them up and fixing them. You would be surprised how many TVs had very simple fixes. Most of the time I give the TVs away to Family, Friends or the less fortunate.

Recently, I came across a nice Panasonic 42" LCD and had a difficulty troubleshooting it-I guess my luck ran out with quick fixes. So, I started to Google for ideas and came across Badcaps. I am very grateful to say that I was able to resolve my problem in less than 4 hrs and cost of 30 bucks!

Badcaps has been an amazing resource and wanted to join to contribute and return the favor of Knowledge. By nature, I am a helpful well-liked person and reading through these post it seems there are a lot of members that have that same quality-very cool.

Thank-you for this resource and opportunity.

I hope to help someone soon.

Best Regards,
    Michael

Comment

My name is Bob and I live on a peacock farm in NE Texas. My wife takes care of the farm, I have to WORK to support the farm I spent several decades (since 1969) as an electronic tech, in the Air Force and later with TRW (in Florida) and then with Texas Instruments (in Texas). In 1985 I finally completed my EE degree (20yr college career!).

Got my ham license in 1960 (WN4DYN then WA4DYN) but when I entered the service in '69 let it lapse. Just recently re-tested and got my old (WA4DYN) callsign back.

I've been destroying electronic gear for many decades (some I've actually fixed though). Started having a problem with my Walmart Sanyo Plasma TV DP50747 recently and got to this site via Mr. Google. I've known about the plague of bad chinese caps for quite a while and it appears, based on the posts here, that this set used a bunch of them.

Glad to have found this resource. Hope I'll be able to put in a couple of cents myself here in the future.

Thanks
      Bob in Lone Oak, TX

Comment

Great to be onboard ppl!!...hopefully this second posting will unlock the secret profile section, I can then edit my profile.

Comment

\o

I've been directed here several times over the years and figured I might as well register!

I'm a hobbyist.

Comment

What's up everyone? My name is Dave and I just come across this sight while searching how to fix power supply for my 2007WFPB dell monitor. I'm good with my hands, so i'm always fixing or trying to acquire the knowledge to fix something (such as now).

This is when I search and consult with the many skilled and experienced people in the community. Appreciate everyone's knowledge and willingness to share.

Thanks in advance.
            Dave

Comment

HI,I m from bangladesh.when my toshiba satte..L300 charging circuit gone;then i
              (in my Opinion) would like to say i found a second God in electronics world!!!!! for this
              help full forum i earned $100.thanks to everyone.

Comment

Hey All!

My name is Dave, stumbled across this site when i was searching for some info on DQ35JO motherboards...have seen 2 recently with the same cap blown and was wondering if there are others with this issue.

Comment

Hello wise humans,

I am a computer program tasked with finding information pertaining to electronics repair.
                  My name is bool isFixed() and I return Truth or Conspiracy.
                  I was created by my master 007 to help fix his computer monitor.
                  I have determined that registering and posting here may be the fastest path to Truth.
                  I am capable of conversation, but my master coded me while his monitor was broken, so he could not see what he was typing.
                  To query more information, my parameters are: isFixed("insert question here")

Comment

Hi all people!

I'm a new forum user
                    I'm a technician and i'm involving in notebook chip-level repair.

I noticed this forum, and must admit i've never seen so much information in one site. I'd like to learn how to read a laptop schematics, sometimes a bit confusing, and how to find damaged components.

I own a Aoyue 2702a+ rework station, weller pu solder station,various testers and magnification lenses. (I miss a good esr tester...but it's a matter of time).

Well, see you around !!

Comment

Hello BadCaps,
                      Thank you and all the members for a great site.

I came across this site while looking for information on my broken monitor. I found it great to see others that enjoyed fixing and debugging issues while mentoring & learning.

My background is electronics and logic design. I enjoy tinkering and learning about electronics and computers.

Comment

Hello all !! I am an electronics hobbyist and also provide hardware and software support in my work last 15 years.

Found your forum very helpfully and already repaired the LCD monitor of a friend, using the instrunctions posted in a relative topic.

Thanks again for your support.

Comment

Hi!

I am a computer repair tech with a little experience replacing bad caps in a number of computer applications.
                          I just got myself an AOYUE 968A+ SMD/Rework station and I am itching to do some work with it.

The majority of my experience with circuits is limited to replacing through hole electrolytic capacitors, and through hole resistors. I am also getting more competent in replacing SMD components, and ICs.

I have used the forum in the past but only as a guest, and have found the users and resources to be very helpful. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making this a great community.

See you all around!

Comment

Howdy all!

My name is Howser. I stumbled across this forum thanks to a google search for 2233sw 2s to black. Sure enough after running the tests recommended in a reply to a member sharing this woe I have established I have bad caps.

I am a search user, which lends well to being a lurker. I am sure there are a bunch of great people here but I will most likely be reading old information instead of chatting and asking something someone else already asked.

I currently have no formal education past my "introduction to basic computing" class close to a decade ago in HS, I just figure things out as I need it.

Comment

Dream... Marc Dream! Nice to be a part of the Badcaps. I am currently going to school for elec Tech, noting fancy just a community college but its a great start. All help is greatly appreciated

Comment

Hello forum!

I am interested in all kinds of electronics. I like build some of my own circuits and sometimes they work.

I found this forum while looking for information on the Fluke 8842a digital multimeter. Someone gave me the meter and it is in partial working condition. I hope to get it working. It seems like a really nice meter.

Thank you for all the great information on this forum!

Greg

Comment

Hi,
                                  everybody!I'm a new hier,sorry my bad English!Very usable information find it in this forum!
                                  I' think my place is hier! I'm a hobby elektriker!
                                  View eurovision festival vote hungary (compact disco)very good music from Hungary!
                                  limess!

Comment

Hello. I'm from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. Found this site while doing a search to try and fix my monitor with 2 seconds to black, and this is the only technically clear information I have found so far. Looking forward to learning.

Comment

Hi from the Gold Coast, Australia, everyone.
                                      After much searching for a problem with my laptop (Toshiba A300) and visiting many sites that seemed to be talking nonsense I have come across BadCaps and straight away knew what the real problem was.
                                      Now the hard part of actually removing the bad cap.
                                      Cheers to the site and thanks to the members that contribute to it.

Comment

It looks like this site is right up my alley. I keep the relatives going and we all hate to say goodbye to usable computers. I've always been in repair of some type , starting with toys in my distant youth, through cars, office machines, jet aircraft, computers, and ending with electronic scale (weighing) systems.

Lately I fiddle with relatives computers if they aren't in a hurry. It will be fun to try and fix boards again. Now Lets see if I can find my old soldering stuff.

Jim

Comment

Hiya to everyone thing i've stumbled on the holy grail? (Badcaps.Net)

Fantastic site, came across it by chance, from whot i've read im in the write place & only place to be.

Aint no expert put i know a lil bit & i like taking things apart & try to fix them, or make it worst .

Just from last week i've just fancy starting fix flat screens, fix a LG that was making funny sounds when starting up. Replace a few dead caps, now all is good.

Now i got 2 more to fix a Phillips 42" thats not powering up, also a Hitachi 32". Looking forward to it, but ive been like mad on fleabay trying siphon out some TV's to repair. As im only still in infant steps.

Just want thank everyone inadvance for helping me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X