This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I am new here. I live in Kissimmee, fl. I have helped friends by repairing TV's, printers and some other things but I do need help from others at times. I done know everything but there maybe someone that has had the same problem and may have solved the problem. So with that said I have a Vizio 32l hdtv40a was in a lighting storm. The power supply has voltage when not hooked up and the 5volts is jumped to standby. I found F1 on the main bd. 3632-0622-0150 was blow I replaced the fuse plug it in and the fuse blow again. The Vizio logo doesn't light up at all. Thanks

Comment

Hi there, I'm happy to be here and hope to learn new things about electronics. I hope I can help others on this forum as well.

Comment

Hello my name is Thomas, I work for txdot as an engineering tech.

Comment

Before that i worked for AT&t as ancentral office tech, i like to tinker with tvs, however i am just learning.

Comment

Hello! I got myself a used TV and it suddenly stopped working so now I'm here and I want to learn how to diagnose and fix it!

Comment

Hi, I'm new here. Engage in repairing laptops and desktops.

Comment

Hi My name is Freddie I repair laptops and ipads now have a faulty tv that has got me stumped looking for help in finding what is wrong with it

Comment

how do I start a new post to ask for help, tried and tried not letting me post

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Some times I like to work on small DIY projects at home and it's a great place for tech info. Thanks for all info that I can get in here
                    Sorry for my bad english

Comment

Hello everybody. I'm trying to introudce myself in this world of electronics and computers. I've bumpes this forum by chance, and I think it's awesome. Let's see what we can do here.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hi

Started off with a Sinclair ZX80 back in the day. Wish I had have paid more attention at school regarding computers. Studied Architecture so more creative than logic.

Have built many PC and fiddled with Mac. In fact, that may be a question on here one day as I have a 24" iMac A1200 with a burnt out graphics card (it was a common fault allegedly). I put the heatsink brace on the wrong way around one time when I was diagnosing what was wrong and crushed a tiny SMT capacitor! Had it reflowed but reflow guy didn't notice it. I only did when I got it back! Probably only needed thermal paste.

Anyway, I am mainly software but badly want to learn about component level repair and fall finding so much so that I bought a Peak ESR70 the other day as my first foray into this crazily complex world! I bought the Peak ESR as I was looking into the CapAnalyzer 88A and found a post on here (topic 9537) 'CapAnalyzer 88A EDS review?'.

I am not particularly looking at motherboard repair just yet but I do have an old MSI White Lightning somewhere (at least that is what I think it was called - a dual core Pentium piece of kit and I bought two serial matched CPUs for it at the time).

I am interested in learning how to diagnose 'badcaps' and my first post will be shortly after this intro.

I have spent a good few days reading and have now finally jumped in at the deep end!

Looking forward to learning and sharing what I am able to.

Rhothgar

Comment

Yo!, Names Dave. OC44,OC77,OA81, Slide rulers, logarithm Books. Getting old now but still having fun, trying to find out what these black stamp size thing with all the legs sticking out do, may even have to get a electric soldering now as the one for the gas stove has had it's day.(stove that is, iron still got 3LB of copper on it and files up great).
                          Been asked to replace a NEC Tokin cap on a Acer 6920 and was pointed here for info.
                          I should be OK as I watched some Chinese bloke on YT with a Machete and a crow bar replace one and it worked afterwards. Bye for now.

Comment

Hi! My name is Miki, i'm a notebook technician, and want to learn more

Comment

My name is Joe I own a tv service shop in central MN. I've been in business since 1980 and looking for any way to keep up on servicing a product that is increasingly unservicable.Thank you for the website.

Comment

Hi have a bit of soldering and electronics experience. Also computers and networking.

Comment

Greetings all, I'm here with a "2-seconds-to-Black" Samsung T240 that I'm investigating.

Comment

Sony KDL-60EX720 blinks twice no power on

o encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up.. [/QUOTE] Sony KDL-60EX720 no power

Comment

Re: Sony KDL-60EX720 blinks twice no power on

Hello I'm a first timer I have a Sony KDL-60EX720 that will not power up the LED blinks twice then a pause then twice again any help?

Comment

Hi,

just wanted to say hello!

Hoping to find some information regarding my tv problems here..

Best,
                                        Flo

Comment

Hello everyone.
                                          I'm married, and i have got a little son.
                                          I'm working on electronic. But my university diploma is on economy.
                                          Have a nice days and nights.

Comment

Working...
                                          X