Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 245BW

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
    1) You will probably need a soldering iron and multimeter.

2) The hot side of the power board can be dangerous especially with power on (the large cap will be > 300V DC). Even with power off, the largest cap on the power board can also potentially hold > 300V DC or more unless it is discharged. Most modern lcd monitors have a bleeder resistor that will discharge the large cap over a period of 60 to 120 seconds.
    O_o So if I'm not careful, I'm going to get fucked up... lol

Comment

Just want to chime in.

This thread has been a great help. I found resistor RB805 bad on my monitor, like many here. I spent $1.13 in parts and I'm back in business.

Last year my sons 22" Samsung crapped out. Bad Cap on that one. Man , you got to love the internet.

With a little research, you can save alot of money and get the personal satisfaction of avoiding corporate greed and Government taxes.

Thanks again.

Comment

I'd like to say to everyone who have shared their experiences, by saying Oh my God, you guys are amazing. I followed everyone suggestions, and in my case had the classic symptom, blue light on ,no 24v nor 5.3v, solution ,dead CM802 18nf 630v cap, took one from a Samsung 244t power supply, and presto , 24v and 5.3v back. lcd working 1000 percent, my hats off to all of you.

Thanking-you all .

THEDUDD

Comment

Hey guys,

I have a 245BW that has the same issue and I have found the faulty component in question, it's on the PCB flap that is attached to the screen itself and it is a Surface Mounted Ceramic(I think) capacitor.

The part in question is labeled CB6 on the PCB and I am absolutely sure that it is a problem. I have another monitor of the same model in fully working condition, and I took the CB6 from that one and put it in the broken one and now it works perfectly, I would like to identify this cap so I can get a replacement and have both these monitors working.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Audeze View Post
            Hey guys,

I have a 245BW that has the same issue and I have found the faulty component in question, it's on the PCB flap that is attached to the screen itself and it is a Surface Mounted Ceramic(I think) capacitor.

The part in question is labeled CB6 on the PCB and I am absolutely sure that it is a problem. I have another monitor of the same model in fully working condition, and I took the CB6 from that one and put it in the broken one and now it works perfectly, I would like to identify this cap so I can get a replacement and have both these monitors working.

Thanks!

If you're talking about a cap on the the LCD panel control board, then it's near impossible to find a schematic for it. Your best bet would be to take the "good" cap and borrow a capacitance meter from someone and measure it out of circuit to get its true value.

Comment

Originally posted by mfunke2601 View Post
              Yes, missing 24V. The voltages around the F9222L are the same as in your post. All looks fine, but there are no PWM oscillation! I used a 20nF or 22nF. I thick, this is not critical..
              I am also struggling to get my defective power supply BN44-00173A from my Samsung 245B back into life again. Mine also has the typical symptoms with a bright blue LED, but no screen.
              - The other day i already changed the RB805, which was about to fail. It already measured 180 ohm instead of 68. This is, as you all know, the first and easiest step to get your power supply back into work again. But unluckily, the screen stayed black.
              - Did a complete recap today, but that did not help. I measured the +24V rail, and it is as dead as before. Now i also want to go for the CM802.

This is a MKP condensator with 0.018 uf and 630 V.

As i see, you are also from Germany. I looked in several stores like www.conrad.de or www.reichelt.de or www.buerklin.de , but they all offer either the 0.015 uf or 0.022 uf version. No 0.018 uf there. The factory that produces them is named WIMA.

Then i found an offer in Ebay by a greek electronics shop, that sells the 0.018 uf / 630V version of that capacitor. But not as MKP version, instead it is an FKP-1. I already ordered one. FKP-1 is said to be better, when there are high amplitude differences, e. g. in oscilloscopes and so on. The price for a FKP-version is also significantly higher than for the MKP version?

Okay, just two questions:
              (1) Can i also use that FKP-1 version? Or is it better to use a 0.022 uf MKP version?
              (2) mfunke2601, does your Samsung TFT still work after those few months with the new 0.022 uf capacitor?
              Last edited by Falcon99; 07-12-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Thank you to everyone. One of my two 245bw monitors began to flicker when I opened a bright white browser window. I shut the monitor off and turned it back on. After this happened the monitor would not display a picture. The power light would stay on when the computer was on and flashed when there was no signal. I have very little knowledge of electrical components but after reading this thread I bought a $10 multimeter and took it apart. I tested the three 68ohm resistors that many have had problems with and found that the first one was open(if that's what its called when current can't pass through). I replaced all three with these: "PPC68W-2CT-ND RES 68 OHM METAL FILM 2W 5%" from Digi-Key. I ordered them on Monday and they arrived today(Friday) and I soldered them in. This was my second time soldering ever, however, everything went fine. Before putting the cover back on I plugged it in and it started right up! It has been working great so far(couple hours) and seems back to normal. Thanks again for everyone's contribution, I couldn't have done it without the info in this thread.

Falcon99, will this work? I guess its 26 week wait though...
                http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...uhw5eY5aJB8%3d

Comment

ajcrshr, thanks for the link! Half a year is really a long time. I will do some research if the part is maybe available somewhere else!

I bought the following capacitor:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Wima-0-018uF-3-5-...item4158c16f7d

Hope it will work! As soon as i have the time to solder the thing in, i will report about the progress!

Comment

Okay the new capacitor arrived. I soldered it in, and tada - the 245B works again!

Regrettably the part was bigger than the original capacitor, so i had to enlengthen the legs a bit.

Comment

Hello, I found this forum while searching for the issue with my Samsung 245BW. It looks like a great site with lots of help! I have dabbled in electronics long enough that I don't mind swapping out a resistor or cap, but I haven't repaired enough stuff to know exactly what a burnt or blown one looks like. I am having the issue of the power light coming on but the screen will not turn on (I believe I only have "standby" power and not inverter power. I'm sorry of the horrible picture quality but I don't have my nice camera around at the moment so that was my cell phone camera. Is all the burnt looking goop a blown cap or resistor? Or is that just the glue that I see in other places that glues parts together? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
                      -Chuck
                      Attached Files

Comment

Actually to answer my own question, I found that the evil B805 was dead... off to Fry's to grab a replacement!

Comment

Hello there, I reticently picked up a 245BW real cheap because it won't show a picture. It appears most of the caps were already replaced and I get no voltage on the invernet or standby outputs.

I believe I have traced the problem down to this resistor, RX801S. I get no reading from it what-so-ever with my multimeter. I want to try replacing it, however I can't identify its resistance.

Black, light green, yellow, green, violet? A strange little bugger.

Comment

OMG you guys RULE! Thanks so much for the contributors to this thread! I replaced those three (only one was bad, but the others looked ugly) and am good to go!!! $0.95! I think I spent more in gas on my round trip to Fry's!

Here's a couple of pics. Thanks again so much!!! I am a happy camper!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi everyone.
                              my 245B went black just this week. since it would not even start the backlight i figured the error is with the power supply. so i disassembled it and gave it a quick glance. nothing to be seen on first look. so i came across badcaps.net while searching for the power supply. caps did not show any signs of being the reason so after reading here i took the five largest resistors and replaced them, without even measuring(RB805,RB806, RB807, RP820,RB801). in the store we quickly checked the resistors and it showed that the 47 ohm resistor (RP820) was the culprit.
                              i resoldered all five new resistors and gave it a quick test. et voila works like a charm again.

thanks for this great thread!

edit:
                              actually thinking about it, RP820 was glued together with some other part and the glue showed signs of burning or overheating and was really easy to spot.
                              the other parts glued togeth showed no signs of overheating.
                              so maybe this might indicate your broken resistors check the "glue" on the parts
                              Last edited by soerenmoeren; 07-29-2011, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Can someone tell me a place where I can get a set of new resistors for the power supply board?

Comment

Depends from where you are, but Ebay should always have them!

Comment

An other 18nF 630V capacitor in open circuit. Changed and 245B works again.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon99 View Post
                                      Depends from where you are, but Ebay should always have them!
                                      Doesn't matter to me where I buy them from, just looking for a set or replacement resistors.

Comment

Originally posted by epicelite View Post
                                        Can someone tell me a place where I can get a set of new resistors for the power supply board?
                                        major cities normally have electronics shops, you might try a hobby store that got RC toys and stuff. they normally offer resistors and all the rest for DIY electronics

Comment

Well my city sucks and we don't even have a friggin' best buy.

I just want a list that has all the resistors on the board so I can just replace every one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                          X