This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Chris Campbell here. I was an AT in the USN came home and worked various jobs. I went to work at a company called Global Manufacturing Services Inc. I was laid off due to the economy and have had difficutly gaining employment. I decide to open my own electronics repair service and came here for assistance and information.

Comment

Hi all, greetings from Finland.

Comment

Heya. I'm attempting to fix my TV and learn a little something along the way. Thanks in advance for any info I may dig from these forums.

Comment

Hi!! My name is Paul and I'm from Spain, i'm sorry but my english it´s too bad!! Ok, i hope to help the best i can. Greetings!!!!

Comment

Helo,

I am Marko from Belgrade Serbia. I repair PlayStation and other gaming consoles, audio amps, TV...

Comment

Hello to everyone,
              I've been visiting this nice forum since some years, now i've decided to singup to be able not only to read advices but also to share my little experience in the field of electronics repair.

Comment

New member here, thanks for the forum! Dabbled in many things electronic from game consoles to scrap building things from internet schematics. Found some knowledgeable posts here regarding trying to repair my TV and would like to get some more information before I dive in. Will be my first foray into TV repair as I have always been somewhat wary of them due to the extremely high voltages in the past.

Comment

HI! I am Rob! I own my own television and electronics business. My family and I have been in this business for over 60 years so this is all that I really know. I am hoping that we can all learn from each other here on this site. I have only heard good things about it.

Comment

Just a quick note to introduce myself. I've repaired several monitors & TVs that had bad caps in them. I found a seller on ebay that has pre-packaged kits so rather than take the time to sift through catalogs making sure the caps will physically fit, I just get the kits from this place. (There are several ebay sellers that do this.)
                    Presently I'm working on a Samsung LCD. I've already replaced the caps, but it's still not powering up. So based on what I read here and other places, it looks like I may need to reset the NVRAM chip, so that's my next step. The TV was given to me for free, so I have nothing to lose by trying. They had previously had a couple of caps replaced, but the repair person only replaced two caps, and more went bad later on and (apparently) corrupted the NVRAM.
                    I've had a pile of motherboards that people have asked me to look at that had bad caps, but since I don't have professional vacuum-type desoldering tools, I can't really do much with multi-layer CPU boards, so I had to tell them to just scrap them. Even if I had the proper tools, for what motherboards cost, it's probably not worthwhile to do a capacitor replacement.
                    But most TVs and monitors are single-sided boards, so I can do them pretty easily.

Comment

Greetings from the US!
                      I'm a student in electrical engineering - clearly school lacks the hands-on experience needed to accomplish practical things, so I'm trying to learn as much as can!
                      Trying to repair an LCD tv, and I'll post my question shortly.

Thanks all!

Comment

Hello.
                        I hope to find here information that will help me fix my computer.

Comment

Picked up a Olevia 747i recently and this board looks like a great place to get some technical and troubleshooting advice.

Comment

Hi All! I've been lurking this forum every now and then and always found very valuable informations. Now I've joined it because of a nasty problem with my beloved 30" monitor that I desperately want to save...

Comment

Hi. I'm a new guy and a hardware idiot. I've been much more comfortable on the software side of things where there are no sparks, tripped breakers or magic smoke. :-)

My first computer was a TI 99/4a (cassette drive, yo!), then Apple ][e with two 5.25" floppies (booyah!) for added Nibbles Away goodness. Then off to PCs. I run Linux and haven't installed any M$ product since 2000.

Goal: learn how replace surface mounted bits. I damage these bits by flying RC aircraft into trees, walls, concrete, and sometimes my dog. The dog is fine.
                              I've started the reading and the youtubing and am looking at some decent-but-used soldering workstations. This looks like a great place to learn.

Comment

Hey Guys: I am now retired, but spent most of my 40 some work years involved with electronics. First in the US Navy in the late 1960's to early 1970's for over 8 years; ET "A School, ET "B" School, some equipment specific "C" schools and finished teaching electronics. Those were the days of vacuum tubes and transistors and the dawn of the IC. After the Navy, I got a BSEET degree and ended up in California working originally as Field Engineer before moving into management. Always kept "hands on" with the technology while working in management for a small company for over 25 years.

Found this site when my son's Corsair SP2500 speaker system failed after being shipped back home after his college graduation. Seems one channel is dead. Thought I would do a little internet searching to see if others had similar problems. Have not opened it up yet. Will probably do that today or over the weekend.

Anyway, nice to see such a forum exists and thanks for letting me participate.

Comment

Hello, I am Charles. Nice to see you all.

Comment

Hi all, new to the forum. Thanks in advance for all the info that I've read.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hey, new here. Found this place from trying to figure out what's wrong with my TV :|

If any of you guys are TV guru's, any help would be appreciated. thank!

Comment

Hi from Greece

Comment

Working...
                                          X