• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello!

Comment

Hello! I am new here and the name is Mike. I've been scrounging around this forum for information and I am quite impressed by the vast amount of knowledge here. I hope to learn more and become an avid trouble shooter!

Comment

Hello! I am new, and my name is Hans. I hope to learn here.

Comment

Hello just joined up with the forum, my names Gary, hope to pick up some tips by having a good read.

Comment

Azoth intro.........

Thanks for letting me join! I have been retired for 2 years now and although a grew up in a TV and appliance repair shop, my working life was spent in Regulatory Affairs both in government and private industry. I am enjoying getting back to the challenge of fixing and re tasking broken things.

My internet searches often bring me to this site and fora so I am hoping that information and "fixes" can flow both ways.

Regards,
            Azoth

Comment

I'm Will, new member

Comment

Hello. My name is Jeff. Hope I can broaden my knowledge from this site.

Comment

Hello Badcaps.net forum, thanks for allowing me to join, Im Tony and 50+, been building and repairing computers for too many years now and all for the fun of it, im an maintenance engineer by trade. to be honest ive come across this forum as a result of trying to find an answer to a perticular question regarding a Dell laptop. I will have a good browse around and learn, Thanks again Tony

Comment

Thanks...Turk is my name....just looking for a solution to a monitor problem....blacks out for a few seconds has "out of range" message floating across screen when i turn it off and on again....google led me here

Comment

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm in the process of trying to repair my Samsung Plasma tv and came across this forum on line. I can't think of a better place to learn about how to go about the repair. Being retired and having a lot of time on my hands to fiddle around with the tv, I just want to do it right without having to buy all the boards to see which one is causing the problem.
                      My name is Jim and I go by "Keats" on line.

Comment

Hello, here is my perfunctory introductory post! Yaay!

I came up as a software guy but lately my work seems increasingly to require that I figure out -- often through painful folly -- how the gizmos I work with actually operate, or more precisely, why they don't, so here I am.

Have learned a ton here already, this site seems to be a real treasure trove of information. I look forward to learning more.

Comment

So my Samsung plasma tv crapped out while my wife was swtiching sources. My first thought was to unplug it, leave it for a while and plug it back in. Plug it back into the wall and it won't even go into standby mode. It clicks about three or four times and quits. The red led light blinks, though. Figured it was a power supply. Replaced it. Same crap happens when I plug it into the wall socket. So here I am. Looking for help.

Comment

In college to become a Computer Systems Technician, identified some bad caps in my LG Monitor this morning, seems like the best place to ask for advice without bugging one of my profs

Comment

I'm Katie, I'm a 22 year old critical care nurse from Georgia. Found this forum while looking for potential solutions to my problem with my tv. Hoping to get some help and fix it instead of shucking out money for a brand new one. Soooo hey

Comment

My name is Jay and I am currently having problems with one of my TVs. Browsing the internet this looks like the place to ask to see if anyone knows whats going on. Hoping it can be salvaged instead of buying a new TV.

Comment

Hello, my name is Jerry. I have previously been a computer tech for years. I have recently gotten a used TV that is having issues and this looks like a great site to gain knowledge and advise.

Comment

Hi everyone, I came here looking for information about how to repair my LCD TV. I found this forum to be a great resource full of knowledgeable people eager to help. You've got an excellent community going here, so keep it up!!

J

Comment

Hi Guys / Gals,

Just wanted to say Hi.

I have had an interest in electronics (Technology in general really) from a very early age.
                                      I currently work for the NHS repairing / maintaining Linear Accelerators.

Comment

Hi peeps

in case your wondering about my name,its because I got a fluke 87 trms and also if things work after I fixed them its a fluke, so hence (flukey). this is a humdinger site for any thing electronic

Comment

Hi guys
                                          Been repairing PC's for ages but love fixing things in general , you site looks the best in the world !

Comment

Working...
                                          X