This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello from a semi retired A/V engineer looking to brush up on the latest lcd and plasma faults and hopefully clear out some of my cobwebs from 7 years ago.

Comment

Hi everybody..I'm new to the forum..brief intro..
      I am an A+ Certified technician and I have worked for Amazon.com for 2 years until they move the company out of state. I will answer any tech questions related to computers and peripherals. I'm basically here to make new tech friends and look for answers that I'm not aware of...Thank you for allowing me to be apart of this forum...

Comment

Hi gang, My name is Bob Terrano and I need some info on insignia TV, hope you can help.

Comment

Hello all. New to the forum. Civil engineer by trade. Tinkerer by birth. I am coming here initially for help with my dumpster dive find. Looking forward to lurking and learning.

Comment

Hello,
            i'm from germany and like to repair defective electronics, that would be disposed otherwise.

Comment

Hi Badcaps members,

After going through the traumatic experience of having my only almost new LED TV broken just after the 1 year warranty was over, I decided to get it fixed myself. I started searching every possible source on-line for solutions and that is how I got hooked and now I buy broken TVs and I try fixing them learning on the go. I have turned my shed into a little shop and I am currently I am fixing 3 TVs, a Panasonic TH-C50FD18, a Samsung PN58b650 and a LG 42LG50. Most of time I have been very lucky and I have been able to find the fix on-line, but now I need some advice with one of the TVs I am working with.

I will show up in this forum as “Locutor13” but my real name is Renzo. I live Gatineau Quebec just a few minutes away from Ottawa the capital of Canada and I would love the opportunity to benefit and contribute from this forum.

Thank you,
              Locutor13

Comment

Hello and thanks for this website.

Comment

Hello everyone

Comment

Hello everyone my name is Ryan and I work on cat equipment. Trying to figure out how to fix my tv now though

Comment

Hi Guys, I'm new to the site and wanted to send my greetings. There's lots of great information in here. I'll be looking around here for some information on my recently non-functional Hannspree HSG-1074 LCD TV. The screen flickers, then goes black. The audio still works after the picture stops. I'm sure I'll find something here to help.

Best regards,
                      DaveInBoise

Comment

Hi, joined to fix my stupid tv. look for my thread =)

Comment

Hello my name is T.J. I'm a cnc machinist (programming and set-up). I grew up in a small engine/equipment repair shop. I can do a little bit of everything, but I'm new at working on electronic devices. I do have some background as an electrician, commercial and residential, but limited.

Comment

I have a philips 50pf7220a that has bad caps and needed info for repair. Great site. I look forward to browsing it later... thanks to all here, great Information here.

Comment

Hi
                              I am a new member. I am an electrician but never mastered electronics. I have assembled a few computers and now am trying to repair a lcd monitor.
                              I live in Brisbane . Australia

Comment

Hello, I'm a Computer Science student from Dallas. Currently attending Richland College, trying to get into UTD.

I'm on summer break, and I was somewhat bored. I started researching how computer power supplies and motherboards work, and the concept of a capacitor caught my interest.

I want to learn more about them, but I've never done any soldering before. I'm honestly afraid to try it myself because screwing it up could be expensive. Still, I've always admired the kind of things people who solder can do. I read about it a lot, so this forum will be interesting for me.

Comment

Hello, I enjoy most DIY activities, I have fixed a few pinball machines and now have a need to fix a TV.

Comment

Hi,

I am Dalibor from Sarajevo. I am computer \LAN technician. Love to fix electronics..

Comment

Hi all from So. Cal.!
                                      Looking forward to the informative postings here and hopefully being able to add with my own experiences and acquired knowledge!

Bud

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm from france and i'm a student in computer programming, i like particularly c++ and linux programming.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                                          My name's Harjit and I'm from England. I'm from an IT background in support and development but always had an interest in the hardware side. Looking to fix an iMac G5 that has bad caps. Hope to learn as much as possible. Thank you for this website and forum.

Comment

Working...
                                          X