Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rosewill RP550-2-S

Originally posted by Shocker View Post
    In any event, all the smoke from the burning can't be too good for you.
    Yes, PCBs and plastics from electronics have fire-retardant materials in them, and those materials are highly carcinogenic. Burning such plastics/PCBs is about the worst you can do since the fire separates the fire-retardant materials from the plastic and the emitted smoke then carries particles from the fire-retardant materials - very easy to inhale.

By the way, (and I know we are going way off-topic here), but I took apart a really crappy PSU a few years ago as solder practice. Today I was building/testing a PWM fan controller and needed some small, fast-recovery diodes that would fit on my breadboard (most of the FR diodes I have are with too thick leads). Guess what saved me - the parts from that crappy power supply. I've also used parts from that PSU to fix a CRT monitor, 4 PSUs, and probably a few other things that I don't remember right now.

Comment

At last this power supply has been put in a box with a MSI K7T pro mobo. With the blue lights on the fan and the four LED post test circuit, I just had to buy a case with side window. Here are some pictures. The dark picture shows the four LEDs all green indicating a good post test and the blue lights on the fan.
      Attached Files
      Old proverb say.........If you shoot at nothing, you will hit nothing (George Henry 10-14-11)

Comment

Old board in a new case...
        I like it, really cool!

Comment

Working...
        X