• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I am a human, nice forum.

Comment

Greetings from Finland.

I'm a Civil engineer here in Finland and i'm used to work with good computer hardware. I was able to get a free monitor from our company IT department as they were throwing away old hardware. Only problem was that my "new" HP LP 2065 is buzzing weird...

Hours of googling took me here to find valuable information concerning bad caps and other stuff. So first post here, second in suitable category to come. Thank you all for this great source of information!

Best regards, Jouko from Finland.

Comment

Hello!! I'm a new member from Indianapolis, IN, who is currently an engineer working in aerospace. I've been into networking, custom computer builds, and computer/laptop repair for 25 years as a side business and am now dabbling in flatscreen LCD, LED, and plasma TV repair, so I'm very excited to get to know the experts here! I'm looking forward to some great help and discussions...

Comment

Myfirst time on any forum. Been servicing computers printers and the like since 1979. I dabble wkith monitors just for fun. Trying to keep educated in electronics. I will be checking frequently for help. Thanks in advance for the conversations.

Comment

Hi,
            My Real Name is Andy, Born in the UK but now live in MA USA.
            I have worked in Electronics Radio TV etc and then Computer repair ever since I was 16 or there abouts , I am now 55.
            Electronics has always been a love of mine as computers are now too.
            I hold various qualifications in both Electronics and Computing.
            I started with an apprentership in Radio TV and Electronics repair until I was about 21.
            Moved to British Telecom (BT) (UK's AT&T) working on electronics repair of comms equipment and other hush hush stuff, then teaching electronics and computing to the trainee tech's.
            Moved to Handsworth College and became their
            Computer Services & Network Manager.
            So I have a good all around knowledge of Electronics Repair to component level, and computer systems, both Workstations and Servers for Windows NT, XP, Vista, Novell, Unix, VAX VMS, CPM etc etc...
            I have also written software in Machine Code, C, Pascal and Basic.
            Wow Basic hehe...

My Ham Radio call sign is KB1UIF & G6JVS since 1982.

I think thats enough for now, prob already bored everyone to death...

Comment

Hi, my name is George and i'm from Greece. I am an TV/Monitor technician/repairman. I have to say your site is pretty awesome!

Comment

Hello all, my name is Jon and i live in rockford il but i call wisconsin dells wi my true home. I have been playing with computers and building and rebuilding machines for about 7 years now. I really enjoy building systems from random parts i have laying around. I have just gotten into recapping my own electronics within the last week. I was asked to look at a number of computer problems at the local hotel/resort here to see if i could get some of them running. The manager here thought they were all failed power supplies but when i did a search online for issues pertaining to the Dell GX620 motherboards(there are 10 failed boards here, which is about half the computers they have running), i came across this site. It has been incredibly helpful and full of info. My first recapping project was 2 Acer monitors that i had. I recapped and now both work amazingly. I hope to learn a lot from these forums and to continue fighting the good fight against the bad cap issues.

Comment

Hi, I've been there for more than a year and didn't see this thread. My name is François, I'm a 24 years old fashion designer and I'm from the North of France. I've always loved taking stuff apart and give another chance to dead electronics or other objects. I've started assembling my own computers more than ten years ago.
                  I've been bitten by the dumpster find craze last year and I just can't stop getting computer stuff anymore :P It has become a collection now, mainly graphics cards (I have a bit more than 250 of these) and CPUs (around 190), but I also keep the motherboards, the good PSUs and hard drives, as well as classic computers, and I try to save the flat screens as well.
                  Here's the link to my collection, it's updated regularly : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Even though my main computer isn't a dumpster find, it is inside a case found in the dump, with drives found there, and powered by a PSU that was in a dead Acer, with a screen that was thrown away because of storm bugs inside the flat panel (easily removed).

Aside from computers, I restore a 1984 Trans Am HO 5 speed and a 1974 Firebird Formula 400.

Comment

Hello, everyone just took up electronics as a hobby and enjoying very much.
                    I retired last year due to ill health so electronics keeps the old brain cells working.
                    Best regards, John.

Comment

Soy Alejandro Malagón González
                      Radico en Cuitlahuac Veracruz Mexico
                      Soy tecnico en electrónica, desde el año 1992 puse mi negocio al publico
                      Buscando un Manual para dar servicio a un tv Lcd me dirigió a su foro, afortunadamente pude registrar y descargar dicho manual, en un rato mas daré servicio al tv y claro que publicare el resultado del servicio, que espero sea favorable.

Saludos a todos

I am Alejandro Gonzalez Malagón
                      Cuitlahuac Radico in Veracruz Mexico
                      I work in electronics, since 1992 I put my business to the public
                      Looking for a Manual service a LCD tv I went to his forum, fortunately I was able to register and download the manual, in a little more give and clear TV service that publishes the result of the service, which I hope will be favorable.

Greetings to all

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm a new guy from Arizona. Sadly, my electronic skills are quite limited, even though I once took an ASE cert class. It might have been a cooking class, I forget; no matter, I can't do either lol. I tend to lose things and forget a lot. I can't afford to buy new stuff everytime a warranty expires, so I have to fix things myself. I swear, companies build things to last until 3 days after the warranty expires, just sad.

Anyways, I'm and grandpa, a husband, and something else that I can't remember right now. My name really is Tom and I live in Arizona. I believe that we die when we get so set in our ways that we refuse to learn, or when we get hit by a truck.

Comment

Hello every one just wanted to say hi. My name is Paul and I'm from Hamilton, Ontario. I found badcaps.net searching on the internet looking for trouble shooting ideas for servicing a LCD TV.
                          I have been a tech for the past 23 years servicing and maintaining mechanical, electrical and pneumatic machines for a large Company. Even thought I been a service tech for years I know nothing about LCD TV's.

Comment

Hi I am new here, read some of the forum messages and like the members input.
                            I am an electrician to trade, been using computers since the BBC days.
                            I have been doing small repairs to different bits of kit (If its broken you can try and fix it).

Comment

Hoi, I am an engineer and entrepreneur.

Comment

Hello!

My name is Andrew, and I'm studying EE at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Just trying to get my hands dirty.

Comment

I'm a reliability engineer, new here, just registered. My company is losing a ton on hundreds of PCBA's in the field with failing electrolytics, and I'm eager to post a couple questions. Thanks, rmdias

Comment

Hello everyone! Your advice helped me fix a samsung 2232bw a while ago. I registered back then but never got around to posting anything, now I have a little tougher task on my hands, and I'll likely need to ask some questions...

See you around!

Comment

Hi all, I'm here because I have two iMac g5's I'm going to recap. This site and others have been very helpful. I'm a carpenter, have been into making electric rc airplanes and motors so have been doing loads of soldering, albeit not on pcbs... Still diagnosing my imacs issues, but do see 5-6 bulging caps on each logic board so think I'm on the right track. Hopefully if I have any issues I will see them already discussed as this is an old problem of this apple product... But know that there are also loads of experienced folks on the boards, so don't be surprised if I say hi. Cheers,
                                      Matthew

Comment

An electronic amateur I am, but have the guts to disassemble almost anything.

Comment

Hey All, I go by Vixtor and am retired Electronics Tech for large retail company. All my info went with my retiring so wanted to help out a friend or two and saw the website. Looked good and helpful as well. Glad to see a wide diversity of folks on here. Share and share alike will always raise the standards of everyone. Trying to keep my feet wet in the electronics side but the technology changes so fast, I'll be calling for someone to help me soon. I am also versed in small engines, treadmills, microwaves, garage door openers, and water softeners. Let me know if there is a question I can help you with. My memory isn't as good as it used to be but maybe I can shed some light on your problem.

Comment

Working...
                                          X