37mf321d/37 magnavox no sound or pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

37mf321d/37 magnavox no sound or pic

im new to this so i hope im in the right place, my tv screen will lighten for a few seconds only when i use the power button on the tv, remote does not work.
    iv'e changed the caps in the power supply (one of them was bulged but i changed all 4 and the 1n914 diode, still had the same problem ) i removed the main board
    and found a burnt part i think its a regulator its located in pos 7003 but i cant id it can anyone help? iv'e included some pic's i hope it will help.
    any info would be greatly appreciate thanks jack
    Attached Files

Re: 37mf321d/37 magnavox no sound or pic

Yes, indeed that IC is burnt. If you cant get a close-up picture of it, can you read us the lines of text/numbers on it? Some of them may be hard to see from the burned corner :/
    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

i tried to get #'s couldn't read there must be a parts list somewhere
      also what else could have gone bad with the ic

Comment

Originally posted by jschettler View Post
        i tried to get #'s couldn't read there must be a parts list somewhere
        also what else could have gone bad with the ic
        Well, the circuitboard could have had a bad design, which led to overheating of the chip - eventually shorting it out. Or, worst case, something downstream of it shorted out, and excess current caused it to catch fire.
        Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

could a bad cap cause that?

Comment

I also have a 37mf321d/37. My TV broke again. I already replaced the diodes and caps as well.
            I cannot read my IC at location 7003. According to the schematics it is L5973D. I do have a spot on the IC near pin 7. I am not convinced that the IC is bad. There are brown spots all over the board. According to the schematic, pin 6; Vref, is floating. With some testing, I have found that pins 6 and 8 are shorted.

Comment

Working...
            X