Antec using JunFu/Fuhjyyu again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antec using JunFu/Fuhjyyu again

The PSU included with the VSK3500 case uses Jun Fu caps, which are re-sleeved fuhjyyus. Seriously, Antec... This may be a bundled PSU with a case, but there's no reason to risk a repeat of the SmartPower series! The case itself is one of the flimsiest I've picked up in a long time, and I can get the In Win Z583 (which is much more solid and includes a better PSU) for $10 cheaper!!
    Attached Files
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Re: Antec using JunFu/Fuhjyyu again

How did you find out that Jun Fu caps are relabeled Fuhjyuus? I remember a thread where someone mentioned that their datasheets are similar, but did someone confirm that they're the same company?

That power supply does look lame. At least there's a Chemi-Con cap in there (probably for +5VSB).

Comment

I'm going by what I've heard here (and on JonnyGuru). It seems to be pretty common knowledge that Fuhjyyu, AsiaX and Jun Fu are all the same caps.

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
        I'm going by what I've heard here (and on JonnyGuru). It seems to be pretty common knowledge that Fuhjyyu, AsiaX and Jun Fu are all the same caps.
        Agreed. If you look at Fuhjyyu TM, they have that ugly purple with the three prong vent. Then you look at Asia X TMX, they look identical, guessing they just added the X to the series because it's "Asia X" And I noticed that the datasheets for Fuhjyyu and Jun Fu have the same exact style and layout:

Jun FU HK: https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...ac98dddb1a.pdf

Fuhjyyu TM: https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...2b0feefebd.pdf (Thanks Uranium)

That's sad that they're using them again, and CapXon as well. Shame on you Antec...

Now that I think about it, I wonder if they dropped the Fuhjyyu brand name, I haven't seem them in anything made recently at all but Jun Fu and especially Asia X seem to be popping up in a lot of low end chinese PSU's

Comment

I think you're right. The Jun Fu WG and Fuhjyyu TM datasheets look identical, aside from the company name. Either they use the same template and decided to make a bunch of equivalent series or they're the same company.

Comment

^ Yeah, probably. Maybe they're doing the same thing as GSC. Changing their name around, especially after the SmartPower era

Comment

I have a PowMax PSU from 2001 that has Jun Fu WG and Fuhjyyu caps inside, but the Jun Fu's have "X" style vents, while the Fuhjyyu's have their regular "Y" vents. So they may not be related after all, or at least it seems like they weren't in the past. Perhaps Fuhjyyu bought out Jun Fu, or the other way around?

Either way, shame on Antec. I actually don't mind Fuhjyyu caps that much. I have a handful of used-pulls from PSUs (including that PowMax), and they still show good ESR and capacitance. The only ones that didn't were overheated ones (from nearby heat sinks, resistors, etc.).
              CapXon, on the other hand is a big NO-NO on my list. Guaranteed to fail quickly.
              Last edited by momaka; 09-27-2013, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Got a BFG 650W PSU today I bought online second hand - turns out it has a bunch of popped Jenpo (i think it was?) caps which was sad it's really well built otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                  Either way, shame on Antec. I actually don't mind Fuhjyyu caps that much. I have a handful of used-pulls from PSUs (including that PowMax), and they still show good ESR and capacitance. The only ones that didn't were overheated ones (from nearby heat sinks, resistors, etc.).
                  CapXon, on the other hand is a big NO-NO on my list. Guaranteed to fail quickly.
                  Odd. I find quite the opposite. It's Fuhjyuu that fail all the time left right and centre, while CapXon only fail if they're put next to hot parts (or in monitors) for me. I usually knock two points off in reviews for capxon and 3 for Fuhjyyu/JunFu/AsiaX (although in this case, I gave one point back for using an NCC KY as the 5vsb input cap, which is usually the first to fail)

Comment

Well you do live in the Southern hemisphere, so no wonder everything is the other way around

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                      Odd. I find quite the opposite. It's Fuhjyuu that fail all the time left right and centre, while CapXon only fail if they're put next to hot parts (or in monitors) for me. I usually knock two points off in reviews for capxon and 3 for Fuhjyyu/JunFu/AsiaX (although in this case, I gave one point back for using an NCC KY as the 5vsb input cap, which is usually the first to fail)
                      Same here, and I'm not down under... Kill them with fire! (and Nichicon HE )!
                      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

^
                        You must have read my mind. HE was exactly what I used to replace most of them (other than a few smaller ones which got replaced by pannies)

Comment

Yeah I actually think Fuhjyyu/Jun Fu/Asia X may be better than CapXon. A couple times I've been impressed with how well some of them have held up. Recently I saw a 3300uF 16V Jun Fu (Date code Feb. 2008) cap filtering the 12V in a CWT PSU, right next to a hot resistor, the resistor had gotten so hot that it charred a decent amount of the color/paint off the cap. It still read 3267uF and 0.03 ESR. Still replaced it though CapXon on the other hand....failing even with the most low stress roles

Comment

Working...
                          X