Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake eBay nVidia "GT630"

Beware of these cards.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390952405072 (I got it for significantly less).

The markings on the chip are as follows:

U703B118 0710A2
    S. TAIWAN
    P21289.ROP

The last line on the chip is scratched out (except for a "G" and the top part of a 9).

This card is marketed as a "GT630" which in itself is just a re-badged GT430, but this card is in fact an early G9x variant (2007 datecode), with the resistors set to give it the DeviceID of a GT630.

Another very sneaky, but creative ripoff from the Chinese. My only question is why is it that nVidia drivers function properly when a DeviceID for a Fermi is given, yet the card is much earlier than that?

I haven't plugged it in yet.
    Attached Files
    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Re: Fake eBay nVidia "GT630"

2007? That would be old enough to be a 7-series! Those typically had FZs!
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I thought so too, but the 7-series Chips use the older logo I believe...

I'm almost certain now that this is an 8600GT. The chips are almost identical:

"We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

wouldnt it have to be the 9000 series? the 8000 series generates to much fucking heat for a half-length card.

Comment

The 9000 series are G9x I believe...

Well I won't be able to find out... Card is deader than a doorknob. Plugged it into my trusty P5B, system won't turn on with it installed.

The job they did when they re-installed the chip on the new PCB is horrendous. Very crusty looking BGA balls, and some of them even look like they're floating when I peek under the chip from the side.

Comment

i thought 9000 series are die-shrunk 8000 series.
            like the 9800GT < the god of agp cards!

Comment

someone nimrod told me to buy one of those things, and now I see I made a good choice not too,

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                system won't turn on with it installed.
                Does PSU shut down? Sounds like your PSU went to protection-mode.
                Sounds like a shorted card.
                Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 04-01-2015, 03:14 PM.
                ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Yup... Not sure what you mean, but pressing the power on button does nothing.

Comment

Working...
                  X