Sharp LC-60LE660U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-60LE660U

TV is powering on fine either by remote or from the TV itself but once on it simply displays the Sharp logo but never proceeds beyond that. Once on no buttons work either (vol, channel, inputs, nothing) on the set itself or from the remote. The LED also just stays white, no flashing. I also am not able to power off the unit except by pulling the AC plug. This just started happening yesterday.

No noises coming from the set either.

I left the set unplugged all night, but no change. I did just locate the service manual but I am looking for a little guidance on where to possibly begin. I just another thread regarding an LG with a similar issue. It was suggested I check the main board or simply replace it. Would that apply here as well?

I just bought the TV on 12/26 so I am contacting Sharp to see if this is still under warranty.
    Last edited by dreamcast; 04-04-2015, 07:52 AM.

Re: Sharp LC-60LE660U

I wonder if a button is jammed or otherwise faulty.

Could be a corrupted EEPROM also

Can you upload the service manual here so we can have a look at it?
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Comment

It ended up being a bad mainboard. I was able to get this serviced under Sharp's warranty.

Comment

Do you have the Service Manual? Could you share it with us if you do?

Comment

Sure do.

I believe you are right about the corrupted EEPROM being the culprit.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X