LG 50PB560B PLASMA loses pic after 15 mins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50PB560B PLASMA loses pic after 15 mins

This Plasma will lose its pic after 10 -15 mins , but s switch off and on and its back for another 10.....

However If I take the back of and run it .... no problems it has stayed on for 4 hours now, as soon as I put the back on , give it 10 and its off.

so a heat problem, but where , Main board BGA ? Sus boards ?

as its a Plasma spraying freeze is unlikely to ignite the screen again , so just wondered if anyone has seen anything like this

Re: LG 50PB560B PLASMA loses pic after 15 mins

it panel fault blow up glass crack every whyrer fire bomb call police
    Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 07-20-2016, 08:10 AM.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Haha just messing bud, this the one that had lose screws ? Also got images of the boards ? What does Vs do when the image goes out ?
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Not sure on VS cos to make it go off I have to keep back screwed on, I will do a check later.

yes it was the loose screw one, which I thought I had sorted but as soon as I put all back screws in it went off after 10 mins

Comment

Start heating the boards then mate, set it to a full white screen too on max birghtness (uses max power-set heats up faster) use a hair drier for it.

Comment

the weird thing is the tv is now on, propped up in my workshop with the boards against the window on the hottest day of the year and the picture stays on, and its bloody hot, as soon as the back is screwed on it lasts 15 mins

Comment

Drape a sheet across the back of the set with the cover removed. Allows air through but keeps the heat in and see if it still shuts off.
              Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                Drape a sheet across the back of the set with the cover removed. Allows air through but keeps the heat in and see if it still shuts off.
                Good idea matey, I might start using that method.

Comment

Can't figure out how draping a sheet over the back would keep the heat in but allow air. If air is allowed in then that will cool the heated air and cause some sort of convectional flow or circulation, which would keep the set cool. If you say cover the back with the sheet to keep the heat in and prevent cooler air from entering, I'll go for that....

Comment

Hello, I have the same problem here.
                    Any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
                      Can't figure out how draping a sheet over the back would keep the heat in but allow air. If air is allowed in then that will cool the heated air and cause some sort of convectional flow or circulation, which would keep the set cool. If you say cover the back with the sheet to keep the heat in and prevent cooler air from entering, I'll go for that....
                      That's exactly what I am saying. Fold up a sheet or use some thick material to act as a back panel to block heat loss from inside of the set. The method works and I have been doing it for years.
                      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleckers tv View Post
                        This Plasma will lose its pic after 10 -15 mins , but s switch off and on and its back for another 10.....

However If I take the back of and run it .... no problems it has stayed on for 4 hours now, as soon as I put the back on , give it 10 and its off.

so a heat problem, but where , Main board BGA ? Sus boards ?

as its a Plasma spraying freeze is unlikely to ignite the screen again , so just wondered if anyone has seen anything like this

Hi can you explain me how to put e sheet in back of the panel

Thanks

Comment

I have seen cracked solder joints on the Y-sustain board, the Z-sustain and the power supply. I highly recommend you do a visual check on all three boards and reflow any suspicious joints. If you don't see any obvious cracked joints, then I recommend you remove the main board from circuit, run the color pattern test with the back cover on and see if you can get the color pattern test to run for longer period of time than with the main board connected. If that is the case then most likely the issue is with the main board. If the TV set still fails after that 10 minute period then you may want to double check those cracked joints again.

Comment

Working...
                          X