Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap AliExpress Socket 2011 X79 motherboard and bundles

Hi,

I'm considering upgrading my system, which is mostly used for 3D creation softwares and other multithreaded apps, as well as a bit of games. But I can't spend a lot.

I've found those cheap socket 2011 bundles on AliExpress, for less than $300 delivered : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/bran...756843461.html

No information on who makes the motherboard, or the RAM, but that looks quite interesting for the price. In general, cheap and socket 2011 don't go together.

Has anyone dared ordering a bundle like that or one of those cheap unbranded socket 2011 motherboards ? There are plenty of those on AliExpress, and the same ones can be found on eBay for a higher cost.

I know about the fake video cards they're selling on AE, like this one (which would be a GTS450 according to the CPU-Z specs : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orig...9-916354607f6b)

So I fear it might be something similar. Though those Xeon CPUs don't work on cheaper chipsets so I doubt they could brand a lower end chipset as an X79.

Thanks !

Re: Cheap AliExpress Socket 2011 X79 motherboard and bundles

A Huanan X79. There are a couple of videos on YouTube showing a bit more.
    Personally I'd avoid, posting back a faulty motherboard would be expensive, you'll need to include a heatsink and fan in your cost too.

Comment

i'd be more concerned with customs or the american courior bandits. (DHL, TNT, FEDEX etc.)

Comment

Heatsink and fan is not a problem, I have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo on my computer, it's compatible.
        All the videos I can find are in russian, so it's hard to understand and Youtube's auto translation is approximate at best. But from what I see it looks okay. Very basic, but it appears to have the bare minimum a motherboard needs.

Some version of the same, or a very similar board, don't even have a heatsink on the VRMs which seems crazy for that kind of CPUs.

Comment

I wouldn't be paying twice what the cpu is worth on a motherboard whose only online presence is a a few Russian YouTube videos.
          Looks to be a fairly basic BIOS and not the more modern UEFI found on more well known brand motherboards.
          If it's spare money and you can risk the expense/inconvenience should it turn out to be a kipper go for it, but if it's a production PC used for work, I'd look at a second user system or new components bought from your country that have cheaper shipping/returns, no import tax and better support.

Comment

if u want high-end, i recommend ponying up the dough for real high-end. the chinese arent well-known for making high-end stuff yet much less having a known track record. thats still decades away. at that price, i'd rather go for something lower performing but having no major issues when trying to rma the hardware when it fails.

not sure what caps they use on the board. looks like nichicon fpcap for the vermillion red caps but i could be wrong. the pics are quite blurry. not sure what the pink caps are. could be elcon or some other junk brand.

the chinese also arent well known when it comes to safety. if u get that board make sure u use an excellent grade A+ japcap psu with known working over-protection. dont wanna use a junk psu on that board and make it burst into flames frying your expensive cpu, server ram and gpu.

Comment

i wonder if ebuyer.com ships to france?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                i'd be more concerned with customs or the american courior bandits. (DHL, TNT, FEDEX etc.)
                This!

I was having the same dilemma. Ordered 1 and it came broken. It was damaged in shipment by courier. Ordered second and this one is working with no problems. Stayed in customs for 7 days came from china to europe for 2 days.

I have payed more for customs and shiping cost then bord itself.

Bord is working, now more then month.

Have some small problems like
                1. Temperature from cpu is working but other temp sensor's is showing wrong temps like 130c...and -7 c
                2. Cpu fan speed do not change automatically to match cpu temp, you can change speed manual
                On Other system fans you can't change speed
                3. If you have long graphic card some sata ports are not usable.
                4. In bios you dont have any options to OC cpu

All i all i em happy with my board for now.

No reviews for this bord and no feedback, only in Russians which is shame.
                Hope this would help little for someone who is having dilemma to buy or not

Comment

That board isn't even Full ATX, rather something between an ATX and a µATX board...

The PCIe X16 slots are way to close to be useful (why buy a 2011 with THAT layout?!)...

Comment

Working...
                  X