Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

Hello. I have Asus K56CB-XO488H laptop. It was bad, but it was fixed. The BIOS chip was also missing, so I put a new one on it, but I don't have the original BIOS.
    I tried this bios dump.(#3) The laptop works perfectly except for one problem. A few seconds after laptop power on, when the fan starts, it runs always at maximum speed.
    I'm still a beginner in BIOS/BIOS flash, but I read that this is a bios problem. How can this be solved?
    Last edited by Gripen; 11-24-2020, 12:40 PM.

Re: Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

Originally posted by Gripen View Post
    Hello. I have Asus K56CB-XO488H laptop. It was bad, but it was fixed. The BIOS chip was also missing, so I put a new one on it, but I don't have the original BIOS.
    I tried this bios dump.(#3) The laptop works perfectly except for one problem. A few seconds after laptop power on, when the fan starts, it runs always at maximum speed.
    I'm still a beginner in BIOS/BIOS flash, but I read that this is a bios problem. How can this be solved?
    try..
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      try..
      I saw it. My laptop is an intel i5 but I tried it and it does the same. The fan always runs at 100% a few seconds after power on.

Comment

I found the original bios chip that was on it. This will not start. I read the chip but can't open it with UEFITool. Can this be fixed somehow?
        Attached Files

Comment

I found the original bios chip that was on it. This will not start. I read the chip but can't open it with UEFITool. Can this be fixed somehow?
          the bios is not ok ... please read it again and post ..
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

the bios is not ok ... please read it again and post ..
            This is the problem. Always read this.

I tried bios what you sent, it works with my laptop, but the fan always goes 100%.
            Last edited by Gripen; 11-29-2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

This is the problem. Always read this.

I tried bios what you sent, it works with my laptop, but the fan always goes 100%.
              maybe you have another problem on the board ... check with another fan ...

Comment

maybe you have another problem on the board ... check with another fan ...

I don't have such a fan at home, only HP. I'll look at work tomorrow.

I would have another question, if the HP laptop(Zbook 15, 650 G2, etc ..) says "Machine is not in committed state" is how to fix it? I entered the data (serial, product id, etc ...) with DMItool.

Comment

I don't have such a fan at home, only HP. I'll look at work tomorrow.

I would have another question, if the HP laptop(Zbook 15, 650 G2, etc ..) says "Machine is not in committed state" is how to fix it? I entered the data (serial, product id, etc ...) with DMItool.
                  try to clean ME region, if it still doesn't work, look for a bios in the bios requests section, if you can't find it, post the full name and model of the laptop, the model of the motherboard and the original

Comment

try to clean ME region, if it still doesn't work, look for a bios in the bios requests section, if you can't find it, post the full name and model of the laptop, the model of the motherboard and the original
                    I will try, thank you. I only ask because I am interested and want to learn these. I have a couple of laptops at work that write this error.

Comment

Try
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by qayyum786; 11-29-2020, 12:19 PM. Reason: Correction in BIOS

Comment

Originally posted by qayyum786 View Post
                        It does the same.

Comment

Originally posted by gripen View Post
                          it does the same.
                          ok then peste is right
                          you just try with unplug the fan from connector and give fan suplay 5V from USB
                          Last edited by qayyum786; 11-29-2020, 12:27 PM.

Comment

ok then peste is right
                            you just try with unplug the fan from connector and give fan suplay 5V from USB
                            I give 5V to fan and fan is spinning the same way. What do I need to pay attention to?

Comment

is it noisy or what ?

Comment

is it noisy or what ?
                                It sounds just as noisy. I don't think it should be like that by default.

Edit:I measure the fan wires.
                                Red wire 5V.
                                Yellow wire PWM signal(I think this is RPM signal).
                                Blue wire 0V, a few seconds after power on the laptop when the fan spins up then it is 3.3V.
                                Last edited by Gripen; 11-29-2020, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Hello.
                                  The laptop has been assembled, Windows 10 has been installed. The laptop has Intel HD 4000 and Nvidia GT740m. Only the Intel HD 4000 appears in Device Manager. The Nvidia Chip doesn't even heat up. There is no setting in the BIOS to disable it. I also tried updating the BIOS, it didn't help. It does not allow to install a driver because it do not find the Nvidia.

Could it have to do with having a bios on it that you sent and not the original? Or need to look for the fault elsewhere?

Comment

Working...
                                  X