Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock H87M-ITX power on and off, need advice please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asrock H87M-ITX power on and off, need advice please..

Hi members...

I have Asrock H87M-Itx that sometimes ago dead due to bad bios, and thankfully one of good Badcaps member help me with the bios file.

It have been working flawlessly for a few days, but suddenly this morning, the motherboard just wont turn on.

If I pressed the power button, the power led comes on for one second and turn off. I check the psu_on pin while attach on motherboard, the voltage fluctuates, like it wont latch.. and I have swap 3 different good known PSU.

So its like being switch on an off repeatedly...

I have tried to swap and reseat everything, still no joy.. measured all caps and not found any short.

Maybe anyone have experienced with the same problem with mine, and have any solution, would you please advise regarding my problem ?

Thank you

Re: Asrock H87M-ITX power on and off, need advice please..

Check the resistance to ground on each coil.

Your power supplies are beefy enough to support this logic board and hardware ? Be sure the power supplies are good quality and 700W or higher is recommended.

Comment

Checked all coil, nothing shorted to ground.

Power supplies are good, pulled one from working pc .

Thank you for your advice

Comment

hi. Are any of the coil resistance readings to ground very low? You may have a case where a faulty cap is not dead short to ground but is low enough to force that leg of the power rail to shut off.

The power switch is a real external switch? You can try to just go to the motherboard contacts for this switch and short there to confirm that the power switch is not defective.

Do remove all memory; video card; any add-on products and perform these tests. To rule out that the add-ons are not causing this issue.

Comment

@mon2
          sorry for late reply,
          the coil resistance seems normal as I remember, but I will definitely recheck all the cap..

as the switch, no its not external switch, when powered on with shorting power pin, it will turn off an on by it self... including power led.... its just on and off

I will try again as soon as I have time, and will report back...
          Thank you

@RadoLouson
          Thank you... it will be big help for me...

Comment

Working...
          X