AEG U3100-4-M Oven - RCD trips after heating up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AEG U3100-4-M Oven - RCD trips after heating up

Odd problem here with this oven. Once it's been heating for about 10 minutes the RCD trips. If you try and flip the RCD back on it will trip instantly until the oven has cooled down again.

It's previously eaten an element so I replaced the element again - fault remains. My next thought was possibly the cooling fan, as the mainboard's cooling fan kicks in after about 10 minutes usually, but the resistance is testing OK.

There's some quite badly melted plastic around the earth connection at the back of the oven, but I'm not sure if this damage was caused by the fault or if it occurred at a previous time. Despite the melted plastic the connections seem to be electrically sound.

Any ideas?

E: Also worth noting it smells like burning plastic whenever used, but the melted terminal block doesn't seem to be heating up.
    Last edited by spleenharvester; 08-18-2022, 01:03 PM.
    Dell E7450 | i5-5300U | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Re: AEG U3100-4-M Oven - RCD trips after heating up

Think I've figured it out, it was the terminal block after all - opened the rear cover and it's a complete mess of melted wires and plastic. I think there was some arcing going on between the live terminal and the chassis. Going to replace the terminal block, should hopefully fix it.
    Dell E7450 | i5-5300U | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Comment

maybe use a ceramic terminal block

Comment

If that doesn't fix it, it is likely the internal heat element wire shorting to the elements ground when it heats up

Comment

Working...
        X