Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [HOWTO] Fix/Repair "Chassis Intruded Fatal Error System Halted" on Asus P5QL

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
    Does anyone know how to fix "New CPU is inserted in your system !"?
    According to our Romanian friend, Th3_uN1Qu3 , this should be another transistor, just like with the chassis intrusion .

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
    Extra bit of fun info: The transistor right next to it will make the board report "New CPU installed!" every time until you clear CMOS, if you touch it or probe it. But at least it lets you boot the system.
    That is post #5 in the first page. Linked here for convenience:
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...86&postcount=5

Now, as far as how to find that transistor... I haven't a clue! But probably some SOT-23 transistor either near LPC Super IO chip or perhaps even CPU socket itself.

Comment

Re: [HOWTO] Fix/Repair "Chassis Intruded Fatal Error System Halted" on Asus P5QL

Originally posted by momaka View Post
      According to our Romanian friend, Th3_uN1Qu3 , this should be another transistor, just like with the chassis intrusion .

That is post #5 in the first page. Linked here for convenience:
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...86&postcount=5

Now, as far as how to find that transistor... I haven't a clue! But probably some SOT-23 transistor either near LPC Super IO chip or perhaps even CPU socket itself.
      Thank you my friend. He gave great instructions on finding the chassis intrusion detection transistor, so it should be located adjacent to it, but you're right, personally, I have no way to be certain at the moment.

So I came up with an easier solution (Will not work with chassis intrusion, but should with "New CPU detected"):

So hardwiring that in there should bypass the message permanently. And I also disabled "Express Gate", because it also seems to re-trigger it (But all the other options stay put IIRC).
      Attached Files
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Hard to give you more advice how to repair it without pictures and more info. Need to know what you shorted, what the motherboard does now, etc.

Worst case, put it on eBay for sale as "parts or not working" and mention the problem.
        I start PC and motherboard working fine! Its not broken afterall
        I not found 3.3.v supply but I found 5v. supply. Is 5v supply be good enough or is it too much?
        And motherboard battery has 3v. Can I use it somehow?
        I think i can remove battery case from old motherboard and connect it straight to Asus P6T SE chassis
        intrusion connector.
        Last edited by drag; 06-20-2016, 08:17 AM.
        Sorry for my bad english.

Comment

Originally posted by drag View Post
          I start PC and motherboard working fine! Its not broken afterall
          I not found 3.3.v supply but I found 5v. supply. Is 5v supply be good enough or is it too much?
          I don't know if 5V would be too much - that depends on the LPC SIO chip.

But just take 3.3V from one of the orange wires on the PSU connector - that's 3.3V for sure, so it should work fine.

And motherboard battery has 3v. Can I use it somehow?
          No, don't use motherboard battery for anything.

Comment

I don't know if 5V would be too much - that depends on the LPC SIO chip.

But just take 3.3V from one of the orange wires on the PSU connector - that's 3.3V for sure, so it should work fine.
            I was thinking that too. But can i just take one of the orange wires? I think that all power supply wires must be connect to motherboard?

Comment

But can i just take one of the orange wires? I think that all power supply wires must be connect to motherboard?
              I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this.

Just use your multimeter to find a 3.3V source near the ATX connector and run a wire from that to the Drain of the Chassis Intrusion MOSFET. Make sure the Gate of that MOSFET is grounded, otherwise that MOSFET will try to pull 3.3V rail to ground and *will* burn out.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this.

Just use your multimeter to find a 3.3V source near the ATX connector and run a wire from that to the Drain of the Chassis Intrusion MOSFET. Make sure the Gate of that MOSFET is grounded, otherwise that MOSFET will try to pull 3.3V rail to ground and *will* burn out.
                I remove the Chassis Intrusion transistor and then I run a wire from ATX connector (3.3v) to that spot and...

THAT WORKING

But Windows 10 then makes some updates and reboot and...
                HORRIBLE CHASSIS INTRUDED ERROR SHOWS ITS FINAL POWERS AND APPEARS ONE MORE TIME

Then I boot again and now Asus P6T SE working almost normally
                Its been a very interesting project and thanks to momaka who helped me!
                Last edited by drag; 07-20-2016, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Accidentally wire from ATX connector disconnect but motherboard still works normal and not showing chassis intruded?
                  Is the wire useless?
                  I have wrong bios (P6T WS) if its matter.
                  Last edited by drag; 07-24-2016, 11:35 PM.

Comment

The transistor may stay charged for a while and thus not show the error. Best to keep the wire connected.
                    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

I have Asus P5QL-E with Chassis Intruded Fatal Error...
                      Can I fix it by the same as P5QL
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, very likely.
                        If you read the entire thread, Th3_uN1Qu3 mentioned that this problem possibly affects many other ASUS P5___ motherboards.

Comment

Yes, very likely.
                          If you read the entire thread, Th3_uN1Qu3 mentioned that this problem possibly affects many other ASUS P5___ motherboards.
                          Thank you.

If I replace the Chassis Intrusion transistor that from another p5ql-e motherboard will fix this error ?
                          I have 2 of p5ql-e ,1st work with Chassis Intruded error and 2nd can not turn on

Comment

Originally posted by virus023 View Post
                            If I replace the Chassis Intrusion transistor that from another p5ql-e motherboard will fix this error ?
                            I don't think the transistor is the problem with these motherboards. Rather, it is the Super I/O's pins having a really weak pull-up current. Thus, even the transistor from the "working" motherboard might not work.

Again, it is best to apply 3.3V to the Drain of the chassis intrusion transistor (preferably through a 100-1000 Ohm resistor to avoid damage if you accidentally short-circuit something) and ground the Gate of the same transistor (if you are NOT going to ever use the chassis intrusion function.

Originally posted by virus023 View Post
                            I have 2 of p5ql-e ,1st work with Chassis Intruded error and 2nd can not turn on
                            The second motherboard might have a different problem if it doesn't POST.

Comment

Thank you,momaka.

Comment

No problem. Please let us know if you got your motherboard working. Would be good to see if another motherboard was saved.

Comment

hello, I have same problem with my old asus p5pe-vm, no chassis intrusion connector on this board

I have observed near winbond chip area, and I found no transistor, it has a solder pad but no transistor soldered on it

this board use winbond W83627 series on it, I have looked on the datasheet and found that pin 76 on this chip is controlling CASEOPEN# function

what can I do now? I have no idea how to fix this old board
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by yudhistira; 12-16-2016, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yudhistira View Post
                                    hello, I have same problem with my old asus p5pe-vm, no chassis intrusion connector on this board

I have observed near winbond chip area, and I found no transistor, it has a solder pad but no transistor soldered on it

this board use winbond W83627 series on it, I have looked on the datasheet and found that pin 76 on this chip is controlling CASEOPEN# function

what can I do now? I have no idea how to fix this old board
                                    Connect pin 76 of the WinBond W83627 chip to 3.3V with a resistor (anywhere between 1 KOhm and 100 KOhm should be okay).

Comment

Originally posted by fu-raz View Post
                                      So, there we go... Thanks for the help Th3_uN1Qu3! Found a new 3.3v point, cleaned the board and reset the CMOS. Everything is working now.

In the attachment is my final solution for the Asus P5E Deluxe
                                      I think i save my board too.
                                      It's a asus p5E and in the board are print maximus formula, i have done exactly what you do , and i think it's work.
                                      I have reboot 3 times and no error, let's see, cause i have to put the cooler in processor, so i can't test to much time right now, but so far so good!

Thank you

Comment

Thanks, for the instructions to repair the chassis intruded error. I have an Asus P5KC and did the fix, however, it turns out jumping 3.3v back to the transitor pad was unnecessary. When I connected back the pin chassis intrusion connector it would not boot, so I unconnected it and boots fine with the exception that if I disconnect the power cord then the bios settings are lost.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Is there any way of fixing it without removing transistor and soldering wire? I had this problem before and somehow things started to work fine after some time, all by themselves. But the problem is back again, and I have no idea what to do.

Also, does anybody have transistor/3.3v locations for P5B-Deluxe? It was one of most sold P5 boards out there. Pics are easily available on google images.

Comment

Working...
                                          X