View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 09:32 PM   #8
BigTroll
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: Jefferson
My Country: LAMBDA SOND
Line Voltage: 120VAC 60Hz
I'm a: Hardcore Geek
Default Re: bad batch of ncc lxf in xycom industrial pc's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxguru View Post
Some larger LXFs had an issue in the past with electrolyte leaking out of the bottom bung. AFAIK, the cause hasn't been pinpointed conclusively - it could have been a bad batch, but it could just as well have been improperly bent/inserted leads during assembly which damaged the bottom seal. The issue was noticed by a high-end audio company - possibly Bryston (I could be wrong).

I still use LXFs for PSU recapping, and haven't run into any leakage yet, but in most cases the ATX PSU is oriented in such a way that the caps are hanging suspended from the PCB - so this issue may never show up. What I like about the LXF is the claimed 15k hour endurance number - we'll see how it goes.

The dimensions on my 2200/16 LXFs are 12.5 x 29 mm, brown sleeve, Japanese thin/narrow vent scoring, straight leads. Yours look shorter and stouter, but they may be a custom series.
Trying to fix a Dyna Corp DCF 704 Performa 6200 PSU, the LXFs in the 12mm size leaked from the bung FYI
My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro
BigTroll is offline   Reply With Quote