Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archer C9 V.4 Can ch341a be used for programming a 16pin Winbond w25q128fv

Hello folks,

(First post of mine, after introduction).

I came here to seek help for a board SPI reprogramming.

The referred board belongs to an Archer C9 V.4 EU router, which I believe, is bricked, (I was the one to brick it during a flashing operation with custom dd-wrt firmware upgrade).

The IC that I want to flash is this one:

Datasheet for the IC in question .

The one in the motherboard has 16 pins. (There are other IC in the motherboard, with 8 pins each, but I am almost positive that the one that will hold the CFE that I own, and that was previously backed up, would be the aforementioned 16 pin IC from winbond).

The question is:

how should I go about (assuming it is possible) to use the 16 clip/clamp together with the ch341a programmer?

Thank you for your time and patience.

Cheers

Re: Archer C9 V.4 Can ch341a be used for programming a 16pin Winbond w25q128fv

Hi everyone (again)

I've produced a conversion helper image to explain what's on my mind right now.

and

Can anyone please tell me if my reasoning is correct?

What these images intend to question is: can the pin mapping from the images that I've posted be useful to convert and use the 16 clip to the ch341a 25xx series pinout?

Thank you tremendously for any help.

(P.s.: Thank you to the forum administrators for having redirected this thread of mine to a more suitable child sub-forum. )

Meanwhile Cheers! Take care!

Comment

I always remove chips to program them as there can be interference from other components on the board. They make soic16/8 pcbs that fit into the top of the c341a.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
        I always remove chips to program them as there can be interference from other components on the board. They make soic16/8 pcbs that fit into the top of the c341a.
        Hi thank you for your answer.

I have a very poor eyesight, and my soldering skills are very feeble as well, that's why I've asked this.

Do you think that the conversion "deducted" from the w25q128fv datasheet is somehow logic or feasible?

Thank you beforehand.

Comment

I see no reason the conversion won't work, its just the same as the pre made PCBs that take SOP8 and SOP16. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001815308275.html

Comment

Hi again,

I have this "sort" of PCB converter.

Image 01 of 03

Image 02 of 03

Image 03 of 03

I am not sure whether it will be compatible. And that's why I asked for help in this particular subject.

I hope you understand and that I am not too obtrusive.

Thank you again.

Comment

I see no reason the conversion won't work, its just the same as the pre made PCBs that take SOP8 and SOP16. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001815308275.html
              Hi sorry.

I posted after your updated post.

I didn't realize that you had already answered. So, again, my apologies.

And thank you very much for your answer. I do appreciate it!

I will proceed then with the work and post update as soon as there will be more news.

Cheers!

Comment

Ok! You're right!

I've (finally) understood that I could have used (before) a multimeter to check the pinout. And it does check!

So: these images (from that "alleged" converter), are going to work

Originally posted by mccurly View Post
                Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by mccurly View Post
                  Can anyone please tell me if my reasoning is correct?
                  SOP16 has an extra /RESET pin (pin 3).
                  Therefore, as it might not be wired on the PCB to pin 1, connect both to pin 7,
                  i.e.: SOP16 pin 1 and pin 3 to SOIP8 pin 7.
                  See attached table.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by megaraider View Post
                    SOP16 has an extra /RESET pin (pin 3).
                    Therefore, as it might not be wired on the PCB to pin 1, connect both to pin 7,
                    i.e.: SOP16 pin 1 and pin 3 to SOIP8 pin 7.
                    See attached table.
                    Hello dear friend @megaraider.

I hope you are still out there somewhere and living a merited joyous life.

I am answering you only now because gratitude is in the order of the day.

Well, with your insight-fullness along with others, I was finally able to use flashrom utility on my systems.

(although having had major trouble using ch341a, which I haven't yet figured out how to make it work) I had some luck using a raspberry pi 3b+ to the same (SPI) purpose.

And I think that you did have a tremendous impact on this fact. I mean, by pointing out that "detail" of bridging the 3rd SOP/SOIC pin as well!!!

Therefore, thank you!

Now I am going to find out if reprogramming the bios can indeed sort things out!

See you in a moment!

After that (if all things work well I'll then mark this thread as solved).

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                    X