Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung UN55KS800DFXZA Ver. AA02 with the seemingly common power cycling problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN55KS800DFXZA Ver. AA02 with the seemingly common power cycling problem

You can give me 1000 points and ban me...BUT I will NEVER take crap from that little PUNK.

Comment

Re: Samsung UN55KS800DFXZA Ver. AA02 with the seemingly common power cycling problem

I will be replacing the diode array at some point when I feel comfortable with soldering these tiny surface mount chips. I will likely also get a few resistors of the type that showed some heating up during testing and has been identified as a possible point of failure so I am fully prepared for the next time this problem shows up. Sadly, I'm confident that this isn't a one time event. Meanwhile I need to practice my soldering techniques. When I replaced the stepper motors in my truck gauge cluster, I burned a trace and had to make a repair and those were much larger traces than on these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
        I hope that some virus takes away some unuseful idiots from this site..
        and

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
        Boy howdy...ME TOO. SPECIALLY the smartass PUNKS, that are WRONG WAY MORE than they are right...like the ones who thought this was a ccfl lit tv.
        Would you two knock it the fruck off. I'm getting really annoyed with this. Just sit on your damn hands when you feel the urge to post this shit. You're both idiots. Take it to private messages or just STFU and quit horking threads! On-topic disagreements of tech & theory are one thing, but this back & forth constant barrage of BS is going to stop as of right now....take it as your final warning.
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

I 've used a strong expression with the virus ok, maybe i retire it, but it's not ok that i feel joked by one only for my difficulties in english, i'm here to be more possible at technical level, and someone feels free to make discussion unuseful longer with other things, so i dont like to get a idiot by the admin or anyone. Since Nomoresony pattecipate at every discussion is hard to avoid it.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
            I 've used a strong expression with the virus ok, maybe i retire it, but it's not ok that i feel joked by one only for my difficulties in english, i'm here to be more possible at technical level, and someone feels free to make discussion unuseful longer with other things, so i dont like to get a idiot by the admin or anyone. Since Nomoresony pattecipate at every discussion is hard to avoid it.
            Just go breathe into a paper bag instead of post crap. At this point, I don't care who said what to who....the war is over....the next post from either of you that's profanities & personal attacks in a tech thread will result in bans. The site staff is done playing referee. If you two want to hurl insults at eachother, take it to private messages.

Just an FYI, this site has an 'ignore' feature....I suggest you two use it...then you won't see eachother's posts.
            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
            Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
            http://folding.stanford.edu/
            Team : 49813
            Join in!!
            Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by SoftwareHack View Post
              I will be replacing the diode array at some point when I feel comfortable with soldering these tiny surface mount chips. I will likely also get a few resistors of the type that showed some heating up during testing and has been identified as a possible point of failure so I am fully prepared for the next time this problem shows up. Sadly, I'm confident that this isn't a one time event. Meanwhile I need to practice my soldering techniques. When I replaced the stepper motors in my truck gauge cluster, I burned a trace and had to make a repair and those were much larger traces than on these things.
              @SoftwareHack Great thread and glad you posted the problem. I have the exact same problem and it turned out to be the same diode array (D005) on the right outer board. The lighter fluid test worked great to verify the part was bad. Pulled the D005 off the outer board and the TV is back up and running. Found the contrast was set at 100 as well. Turned it down to 75. This is the 55" Samsung model from Sams Club. Thanks also to all those that helped diagnose this problem. Curious if you ever installed the new diode array and if so where is a good place to purchase one? If not, is the TV still going strong? Thanks again!!!

Comment

@SoftwareHack Great thread and glad you posted the problem. I have the exact same problem and it turned out to be the same diode array (D005) on the right outer board. Pulled the D005 off the outer board and the TV is back up and running.
                My TV is UE55KS75000UXZF

Comment

Great call Nick's and Kilroy. We are starting to see alot of these coming in lately and finding mostly diode issues on the lower driver panel boards. In some cases it will also be bad resistors and caps but these diodes are usually the culprit. I isolate the rest of the components when removing them with kapton tape and flood them with solder for easy removal, clean the pads, and reapply with new or diodes from tv's with cracked panels. Pain in the ass Samsung. Your really starting to suck.

Comment

I've had good luck using these when you can get them. Samsung's going through them like M & M's and now they are hard to get.
                    SP1004U-ULC-04UTG
                    https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...R7ksnSVPb7%2Fq

Comment

Originally posted by brucetv View Post
                      I've had good luck using these when you can get them. Samsung's going through them like M & M's and now they are hard to get.
                      SP1004U-ULC-04UTG
                      https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...R7ksnSVPb7%2Fq
                      Hi
                      Are the SP1004U-ULC-04UTG a reliable replacement for the 4265H diode array?
                      Now I have two 55" Hisense with the same problem and a Samsung, starting to be very common, specially on AUO LCD panels

Thank you

Miguel

Comment

I think instead of them you can place a 14v varistor on the feeding input of the tcon, after the fuse, one trasversal..

Comment

Hi folks,

I seem to be having the same issue, and was hoping to use the fix here. I even bought the replacement resistors and diodes. But I should have opened the TV first. Turns out my drive boards look nothing like those pictured here (see attached images). Is the advice is this thread applicable to this version of the Samsung UN55KS800D? If so, can someone provide some guidance - e.g. which of these tiny things is the equivalent of the infamous D005 diode? Apologies if I'm omitting important info, I'm a software guy (like OP) but with even less hardware know-how.

Thanks, hoping to not toss an until-now-great TV into the scrap heap...
                          Attached Files

Comment

good info. in this thread, would have been better WITHOUT the BIG MOUTH IDIOTS. I like helping people but I'm NOT putting up with any disrespectful shit, PERIOD.
                            Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-06-2022, 05:06 PM.

Comment

You are right Diah, makes me wonder why we bother to post here.

Comment

Working...
                              X