Samsung un60eh6003f horizontal lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung un60eh6003f horizontal lines

The tabs on the side are "COF" chips. Chip on film. They got the same kind of function as the ones on top.
    If the ones on top fail you usually get vertical lines , applying some pressure on the tabs make the lines go away ( temporary ).

When the side tabs fail you get horizontal lines or no picture at all. What you need to do is apply pressure on the side tabs/panel , probably the one on top of the side tabs. Maybe bend the tabs with your finger. The bezel itself probably bends the area of the failed COF.

Dont they get hot? It is something you need to figure out yourself....it is not measurable. If you remove the failed COF chip the picture will be ok and you can do it while the tv is on. It looks like a curtain that opens... very cool to watch
    Last edited by Moreno83; 10-20-2017, 12:29 AM.
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
      your problem is that you need to isolate which side is the issue. At the bottom of the set, the edge boards are "interconnected" with clampable flex cables. Look along each side of the bottom and disconnect the flex cable clamp / cable at that point. Does the remaining picture clear up? Repeat the "test" on the opposite bottom "half".... any difference? Go from there.
      PS. you still didn't follow my suggestion of putting up a known test pattern. :-(
      yeah, i know, its tough without a stand,my garage isnt best area to be doing this either lol, i was lucky enough to get one of my kids to hold while i hooked up my laptop hahaha, being even still its only that one section in both pictures...the black screen, and the blue one from my laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
        The tabs on the side are "COF" chips. Chip on film. They got the same kind of function as the ones on top.
        If the ones on top fail you usually get vertical lines , applying some pressure on the tabs make the lines go away ( temporary ).

When the side tabs fail you get horizontal lines or no picture at all. What you need to do is apply pressure on the side tabs/panel , probably the one on top of the side tabs. Maybe bend the tabs with your finger. The bezel itself probably bends the area of the failed COF.

Dont they get hot? It is something you need to figure out yourself....it is not measurable. If you remove the failed COF chip the picture will be ok and you can do it while the tv is on. It looks like a curtain that opens... very cool to watch
        thanks for the info! ill spend some more time tonight

Comment

Originally posted by heavymachines View Post
          I can't find the exact video of the fix been few years buried on youtube somewhere however you can try to do this on every tab in the general area of the lines on screen and you can do this while tv is running. instructions on edited picture.
          yeah im leaning toward the tab itself...i'll be back at it tonight...i really need another set of hands in here to hold the set while i test stuff....60 with no stand is tough with 1 person in a crowded garage lol..

Comment

Originally posted by jb. View Post
            yeah im leaning toward the tab itself...i'll be back at it tonight...i really need another set of hands in here to hold the set while i test stuff....60 with no stand is tough with 1 person in a crowded garage lol..
            Really need to lay it flat on it's back so you can easily do this by yourself. Table is necessary or bench.

Comment

hahahahahah hows that? geeze lighten up man...and no i am not an lcd expert,(its actually an led) but as others have said, its pretty clear in the picture....had i put a movie on, it would be harder to see then it would in contrast to the black background....clearly you are too ornary to help, so please move along
              Its lcd.. leds are just used the backlighting... Its called an led tv as a marketing gimmick to make people think the cheaper crap is better when the reality is the led are the #1 failure on led sets... #1 failure on samsung sets in my experience is bad lcd panels. ironically the panels they sell to other oem tv brands dont seem to fail as much as the ones they use in their own sets?

Comment

Originally posted by heavymachines View Post
                Really need to lay it flat on it's back so you can easily do this by yourself. Table is necessary or bench.
                yeah its flat, but without the plastic bezel, its pretty fragile...my pool table may get a second use lol

Comment

I have the same problem here see picture below. I replace the tcon board and still with the horizontal line. Any suggestion?
                  Attached Files

Comment

it is likely a "panel fault" related to the bonded tabs. If the set has tabs along each side, you could try gently pressing on the tab associated with the line to see if things change (unlikely but never know). If it does, then possibly putting some pressure padding on it, may help. If not, then there are plenty of posts about this type of failure whereby people removing the tabs along the bad side... NOTE: this process is a "one way" method and can not be reversed so be sure to read, read, read before going down that route to make sure that you understand your problem and possibly alternatives (if any) as tv designs are different across various sets / types / makers.

Comment

These don't have a metal frame retaining the panel just outer bezel plastic holding the panel. usually moisture or cleaning fluids get under the bezel and mess up the connections, Last week I fixed a UN50EH6003f that had bars-- I found corrosion on one of the bottom drive strips. I scrubbed the strips with 91% Alcohol with a toothbrush while leaving the set on it's back with the bezel removed. after it dried I tested it running without the bezel and all was ok after 2 days on.

Comment

I've got this 60 inch Samsung here with some vertical lines in the screen... We moved it and the lines showed up, I have it open but all ribbon cables look good, if I unplug the video board ribbon cable and leave the backlight board on, the screen is lit and lines are gone... If I do the opposite, and shine a light on the screen I can see the video with the lines.. I added a picture, any ideas?
                        did you ever solve this issue I have the exact same problem

Comment

Vertical lines are panel faults and typically not repairable. Horizontal lines may be repairable if one side is good (confirmed with the bad side disconnected) using the tape cutoff method.

Comment

You have to do testing to know for sure, I just had a couple bad caps and it presented just like a screwed up panel.

Comment

Working...
                            X