Samsung UE46F5300 BN41-00611D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE46F5300 BN41-00611D

Good day folks. I thought I'd offer you a possible fix for a Samsung TV with a BN41-00611D power supply which doesn't turn on. If all or most of these symptoms match yours, you could be having the same defect as I did and this fix might work for you as well:
    -standby seems to be fine, LED is on and the TV responds to the remote control when attempting a power-on
    -when the TV tries to turn on, the LED blinks twice in rapid succession, then pauses for a second and repeats, almost like an error code
    -both fuses on the board are OK (obviously, since there is power)
    -STANDBY 5v is OK (also obvious since the LED stays on)
    -BL ON and PS ON signals are present on their pins
    however
    -backlight doesn't come on, even with main board disconnected
    -PFC is not starting (only 230v on the main cap instead of 400v)
    -12v output is too low (reads around 8-9v in my case - may vary, but definitely out of spec)

The PFC section was the first indication of where I should start my searches, since with the PS ON signal present, it should begin to operate and boost the voltage on the main cap up to around 400v, but mine only read roughly 230v, so:

-PFC IC ICP801 on the back of the board only had 9v on its VCC pin (pin 8, easily identifiable by cap CP812 connected to it).

I then followed the trace to see where it gets its VCC from. The actual problem came down to a small 10 ohm SMD resistor (RS802) at the other end of the board, on the side opposite the PFC IC. It took me a while to trace that VCC line all the way back to it, but as soon as I put my probe on the other side of the resistor and got a more normal 15v, I knew I had to check the resistor itself and I was right: instead of the required 10 ohms, I think it gave me like 490 ohms, which was already very far off, but just to be certain I removed the resistor (which is why it's missing in one of the pictures, since I snapped it just after I measured it) and sure enough, nowhere near close the value written on it - it developed a higher than normal resistance for some reason.

Mine had 10r0 written on it, but other boards may have it marked with 100 which is the same thing, 10 ohms, which is actually what the replacement one is marked as (the one you see in the picture) and it worked flawlessly, so don't worry if the numbers/letters are not identical...hell, you could even botch a regular resistor if need be.

Now PFC started up and boosted the voltage on the main cap to 395v and the TV turned on. I was a bit hesitant at first, since low value resistors may sometimes act as fuses, thus a failed resistor may be like a blown fuse and point to something else being faulty further down the line, but since I couldn't read any obvious shorts in major components, including the ICs themselves, I took a deep breath and just went for it. I can imagine it may not work for everybody, of course - you may have a different fault altogether or some of the symptoms may still match despite this resistor being fine, but thankfully our wonderful community is friendly and willing to help

Cheers guys (sorry for the pictures being slightly too dark).
    Attached Files
    Wattevah...

Re: Samsung UE46F5300 BN41-00611D

http://televid-sib.ru/index.php?topic=39812.0

Power Supply Samsung BN44-00610B schematic

Comment

Yeah, forgot to mention I couldn't find the schematic, so I had to work it out bit by bit on my own...
      Wattevah...

Comment

Awesome and cheap fix, Dannyx. Congrats, mate.

Comment

Great detective work!!!!! Im sure this will help alot of us!

Comment

Buongiorno Dannyx,
            un saluti a tutti, io ho il tuo stesso televisore e stessa scheda Samsung UE46F5300 BN41-00611D, dato che da un giorno all'altro non mi funziona più.
            Mi sveglio al mattino provo ad accendere il tv e non funziona,
            non si accende nulla se non la spia rossa del led che però lampeggia come se si stesse cambiando canale con il telecomando, non funziona niente ne video, ne audio e nessun rumore strano. Volevo sapere se fosse lo stesso tipo di problema riscontrato sul tuo dispositivo, cosi da valutare se avendo la stessa scheda di tentare lo stesso intervento.
            Un saluto.
            Davide

Comment

Originally posted by Dave83 View Post
              Buongiorno Dannyx,
              un saluti a tutti, io ho il tuo stesso televisore e stessa scheda Samsung UE46F5300 BN41-00611D, dato che da un giorno all'altro non mi funziona più.
              Mi sveglio al mattino provo ad accendere il tv e non funziona,
              non si accende nulla se non la spia rossa del led che però lampeggia come se si stesse cambiando canale con il telecomando, non funziona niente ne video, ne audio e nessun rumore strano. Volevo sapere se fosse lo stesso tipo di problema riscontrato sul tuo dispositivo, cosi da valutare se avendo la stessa scheda di tentare lo stesso intervento.
              Un saluto.
              Davide
              Had to use google translate on your reply, so please write in english if at all possible, makes the job easier

No way to tell exactly what the issue is until you open up the TV and take some measurements like I did, I'm afraid.
              Wattevah...

Comment

Thank you good work )

Comment

Big kudos Dannyx, you saved my day!
                  My TV is UN46f5500 with exactly same power supply.
                  All symptoms are exactly the same, five double blinks after pressing power button.
                  I was going to put it aside and order chips, but then came across your post.
                  Measured RS802 and guess what, it was 1.6k
                  Replaced it, put everything back and TV worked right away!

BTW, I spent some time looking for schematic and couldn't find it.
                  However I found one that is pretty close, the chips are the same and even RS802 is there, see attachment.
                  I found service manual too, bit it was completely useless, same goes about various Samsung trainings.
                  Attached Files

Comment

For search purposes, the power supply part number is BN44-00611D and not BN41 prefix.

Comment

Working...
                    X