Sharp LC-40LE810UN question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-40LE810UN question

Whatever happened? did you give up on it .. I have a Sharp LC-60LE810UN with similar symptoms .. different error though 1 slow 1 fast .. lamp failure .. ~165v on the power capacitors

I also tried disconnecting both LED driver plugs on the top right of the board to see if the error changes .. same thing - the only thing that changes is disconnecting the processor board and finally no lights - something tells me the firmware on these kill the TV
    Last edited by jimmyboy111; 05-09-2013, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Actually, yesterday I took it out, but it didn't have secondary voltages again, the V logo LED did not turn on again. It's a mystery this TV.
      I almost purchased both boards for it, but it's way to expensive.
      I will wait until I will find some cheaper boards, or a TV with broken screen.
      Actually is one right now on Ebay, but the power supply has a bit different part number. DPC-126P 1 A. Mine is only ...126P A.
      I don't want to put to much money in it right now, I have different plans with the money I have.

Comment

The volume down - channel up - power button worked on mine for a moment - the backlights flashed on for just a moment then it powered down and went black
        anything for you?

perhaps it actually is one of the backlights

Comment

When it had some life in it, I didn't have to push any buttons.
          When plugged in, the V turned on for a couple of seconds and then it was keep blinking the error code.
          Nothing showed on the screen.
          I don't remember the IC number, but that little IC when changed, the voltages come back, but why after a while goes bad, I don't understand.

Comment

From my experience working on two Sharp LED TV's (model lc60c6400u) that had the one long flash and two short flashes, both cases involved a poor or disconnected solder joint on the connector attached to the LED light strip. I redid the solder on both connectors just to be safe and both TV's are working great.

I did the Vol down, channel up and power trick to start it, and noticed only the right side of the screen had back lighting. I then confirmed the whole strip was out once I removed all the layers of the screen. I then looked for bad led lights on the strip and all were fine, and also test the voltage at the power supply which tested fine as well. lead me to the connector or wires as the culprit. Of course the wires tested fine, but when I looked at the connector, I noticed the solder at 3 points on the connector had cracked. Removed the old solder and applied some fresh solder and the TV is still working great to this day. Also cleaned the connectors with some contact cleaner (did that first actually to make sure it wasn't just a weak cable connection causing the problem). I just condensed everything I did as much as possible, so feel free to ask questions for clarification if you'd like.

One TV has been in my bedroom for 3 months now and is on almost all day Though not all 2 flash errors will be this, both TV's were bought from two completely different sources. Be forewarned though; wear gloves when removing the various LCD screen layers or you will spend quite some time cleaning internal fingerprints/smudges from the layers (primarily the big thick hard plastic layer)

Comment

Thank you for the idea.
              I will have to recheck that TV, because yesterday I had repaired a Westinghouse LED with shorted ribbon cable, close to the LED strip connector and the TV would not show life at all.
              I haven't worked much on LED TVs, I'm just gaining a bit of experience with each as I'm working with them.
              The issue I have and I can't understand, why all the voltages at the power supply output, sometimes are there and sometimes are all gone(0V).
              Twice I have replaced some small IC on the board and I had these voltages back, for a while. Maybe something at the LEDs is shorting out and that is causing these issues?

Comment

I have two long and five short error code and not one long and two short.

Comment

2-5 is 5V problem (from memory...), so have you got 5V? Test all SMPS, LDO, on main board.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

It's something weird with this TV, sometimes I plug it in and the error code shows up.
                    But, if I plug it in again, it would be completely dead, no more error code.
                    If I would wait a while, the error code would show again.
                    So, I guess you assumption about the STBY voltage may be right.
                    VDOs, I will check them.
                    We did a lot of testing on this TV in the past, but I have never got to the bottom of if. This is the hardest TV that I had and it's been almost a year since I have got it. From time to time I will look at it, but I don't know what to do.
                    Once I have purchased a PS board from partstore.com, but that board did the same thing, nothing changed.
                    On some of the metal parts of the TV I see corrosion. Specially on the tuner's cover.

Comment

Sorry, but I'm done with this TV. I have found a chipped edge of the LCD. Not sure how bad that is.
                      It's up for sale, for parts.

Comment

Could have been a shorted panel the whole time.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi,
                          I have followed this thread with great interest. I have a LC-60LE810UN that won't start up, it only has Standby signal(BU5V) on the PSU. Inverted V flashes 1-1 on power up. PW_ON never goes high. The detailed flash code is also 1-1(Lamp error). As a side note, I get the 2-5 flash code if I disconnect the T-CON board(ribbon or power cable).
                          Before I give up on this set, I'd like to try two things:
                          1) Test the LED strips using a DC-DC 600W 10-60V to 12-80V Boost Converter(hopefully without taking the TV apart), but I am not sure how to hook it up. Do I need an external input power source or can I take it from the board somewhere?
                          2) Replace the IC2004 EPROM as suggested by Olegi. However, on my board this IC is marked 402M40B2Y1(not 24c02 as in Olegi suggest on the LC-40LE810UN's mainboard) and I can't locate this part anywhere, nor can I find evidence this IC is a 24c02 equivalent. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thank you for helping.

Comment

I am new to the board... I have a 70LE650U that was just given to me by a neighbor... I am an EE, so I'm not a noob when it comes to electronics tinkering...

Before I go into too much of the details of what the unit is (and isn't) doing, should I continue this thread, since it is "currently" giving me a 2-5 code, or should I start a new thread since this one is quite old? I say "currently" because it's now showing a slightly different behavior than the first day I got it. It was working, but after 10 minutes it had "dark" or "shadowed" horizontal bands. I took the cover off, the main chip on the t-con board was extremely hot. I turned it off, let it cool a little bit, turned it back on, now only 5 minutes in and it got the bands. I "manually" cooled the chip and it ran for a good 20 minutes or so. However, the next day, now the backlight only comes on for a few seconds, then goes dark, and shows a 2 long 5 short code.

Anyhow, if a moderator would please reply (or PM me) to weigh in on whether i should start a new thread, or make this 14-page thread even longer by adding my issue - I'm thinking a new thread, but referencing this thread, is probably the way to go...

Comment

There is another IC on the secondary in the power supply involved with LED control, DDA003.
                              Has anyone found its data PDF?
                              This TV runs for a few minutes, then the Error line pulses high causing a shut-down.

Comment

I was looking for the wrong reason. The cause of the shut-downs was a bad AC-Det signal.

Comment

Hi,
                                  I have also got an AC-Det error (2 slow and 1 fast blinks)
                                  No VCC voltage to PFC IC or Backlight IC.

What exactly did you find?

Comment

Originally posted by sda View Post
                                    Hi,
                                    I have also got a AC-Det error (2 slow and 1 fast blinks)
                                    No VCC voltage on PFC IC and Backlight IC.

What exactly did you find?
                                    PC7703 opto chip was found faulty.
                                    Replaced with a PC817 which was an hand, and all is well.

Cheers

Comment

Sorry I missed your post. There is an 82K resistor in series with the LED side, R2019. I soldered a 68K resistor on top of the existing resistor.
                                      I don't blame the optocoupler. The 82K resistor doesn't pass enough current through the LED.
                                      Last edited by rievax_60; 06-03-2015, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Here is a snap I took, showing R2019's location.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

can anyone help me? im seeing alot of different things. i have this 52 model and im getting the 1-1 blink code. 1 fast 1 slow. i did the rest and got the tv screen to power up and the left side was alot brighter then the right.. then i unplugged it and had to do a reset again to get it powered on and this time i couldnt get anything to appear on screen but baclight did come on. brighter on left again. the only voltages i had before i do the reset is the 5v bus

Comment

Working...
                                          X