Philips 46PFL7007K/12 no signs of life, only red led blinking x2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 46PFL7007K/12 no signs of life, only red led blinking x2

Hello to everyone! I'm trying to troubleshoot a Philips 46PFL7007K/12 QFU1.1E LA with a 3104 313 65554a / 310432869183 mainboard and an fsp163-4fs01 psu.
    It shows no signs of life. Only after a while it is connected to the wall outlet (let's say a minute or two) the red led starts making a 2 blinks pattern.
    On the PSU I haven't managed to find bad capacitors or diodes but my checking has been very limited. What I could check more thoroughly have been the voltages: 3.3V and 12V are fine while L_CA and R_CA (I don't know what do these codes mean but it is how those voltages are called on the schematics printed on the board itself) are at 37V instead of the nominal 44.8V.
    What's strange (probably to me alone while it is absolutely normal) is that those voltages 'disappear' after a while (maybe exactly when the led starts blinking? It could be but I haven't checked).
    Everything makes me think the mainboard is dead (and it seems it's almost unrepairable by other threads I've read around here like this one for almost the same set than mine) but even those 37V don't convince me much...
    Thanks for your advices and have a good day!

Re: Philips 46PFL7007K/12 no signs of life, only red led blinking x2

The mainboard is the culprit, I've seen a lot in the last few years, all had similar problems and in 95% the processor was dead. The few that were repairable had a problem with both FET's ( 8-pin IC's ) pos 7uc2 an 7uc3, the output must be 1,2V.

Comment

Originally posted by guybrushthreepwood View Post
      Hello to everyone! I'm trying to troubleshoot a Philips 46PFL7007K/12 QFU1.1E LA with a 3104 313 65554a / 310432869183 mainboard and an fsp163-4fs01 psu.
      It shows no signs of life. Only after a while it is connected to the wall outlet (let's say a minute or two) the red led starts making a 2 blinks pattern.
      On the PSU I haven't managed to find bad capacitors or diodes but my checking has been very limited. What I could check more thoroughly have been the voltages: 3.3V and 12V are fine while L_CA and R_CA (I don't know what do these codes mean but it is how those voltages are called on the schematics printed on the board itself) are at 37V instead of the nominal 44.8V.
      What's strange (probably to me alone while it is absolutely normal) is that those voltages 'disappear' after a while (maybe exactly when the led starts blinking? It could be but I haven't checked).
      Everything makes me think the mainboard is dead (and it seems it's almost unrepairable by other threads I've read around here like this one for almost the same set than mine) but even those 37V don't convince me much...
      Thanks for your advices and have a good day!
      Code #2 (a.k.a. SOS #2) seems to be a de-facto standard for a missing rail, (a.k.a. power supply error) even when I don't know, especially in this case! It honestly looks like possibly another wild goose chase! I thought I received word that a board, if not the main board, can have a false-detection. (falsely report a bad component)
      Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 06-29-2018, 10:12 AM.
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Hi and thanks for your advices.

@William1967

The output of what might be 1.2V? The one from the FETs you talk of? I'm going to make a dumb statement: isn't the CPU up to the generation of these error codes?
        I've broadened my reasearch and it seems that there is an SDM pad which shorted to ground enables a deeper error checking with more detailed error patterns (called 'layer 2')... Could this be the path to follow? Indeed there is a SDM pad on the mainboard...
        What about the 37V reading instead of 44.8V? I've read the experience from another user on another forum (turkish if I remember well; I've read so many posts on so many forums that I'm not certain...) and he has got 37V like me and this makes me think it could be the nominal value...
        Last edited by guybrushthreepwood; 06-30-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

The processor recieves from the power supply a 3,3 or 5 volts, this voltage is used for the stand by circuit in the processor , the same voltage is used to let the LED blink. You can try the SDM mode to find out the layer 2 error but keep in mind that these errors are just hints. If a power line does not work you can see several error code's from circuits that are not defect.

Comment

Hello,
            I think we should start from the beginning.
            First, a few good quality pictures would be nice from every board you find in the tv set.
            Next, we should identify the startup sequence (I assume you have standby voltage) and make a few measurements. Does the mainboard send start signal to the psu, etc.
            I don't want to get ahead of us, but if there is a voltage that goes high and slowly decreases to 0, then you probably have an open backlight LED and that is why you don't get an image. But this step is way ahead, first please make the photos, then we will suggest the measurements. You seem to have a multimeter, right? And some basic knowledge, how to use it?
            Edit: SM is too big to upload here, instead I give you the link. Some pages to read at sleepless nights
            At least get a little bit familiar with it.
            Edit2: Is this your PSU board?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by yohnsee; 10-24-2018, 12:55 PM.
            Cheers, Janos

Comment

Working...
            X