This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everybody. My name is Celso, I'm from Brazil.

Comment

Hello! My name is Mike and I am in TN. I am looking to repair an LCD monitor rather than replace it.

Comment

Hello there!

Comment

Hi everybody! I'm an amateur tech and have found this site to be an invaluable resource when repairing everything electronic, from TV's and computers to guitar amps, for myself and my friends/family. I would like to contribute to this community where I can

Comment

hello every budy
            my name is chahin i am from algeria
            i am a hardware and software technician
            i like laptops phones and all electronic equipemants

Comment

Hi hi!

Working on learning how to repair old computers, displays, etc.

Thanks for having me!

Comment

Hi people, greetings from Italy.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am searching how to repair electric device. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Been in the IT sector for more than 30 years, this site has lot of good information and friendly atmosphere. That is the reason I joined.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm an electrical engineering apprentice looking to fix my Tv and stumbled across this forum which seems like it's going to be quite helpful!

Always learning and testing myself so I cannot let anyone else repair this TV

Comment

Hello everyone my name is rosco and I live in australia. I am over 60 and no real experience but have a Samsung 46 inch LED TV that clicks and clicks and clicks and then finally starts. I am able to follow instructions and hope to fix it myself.Whats the worst that can happen?

Comment

Hello everybody. My name is Pascal, I'm from France (Britain).Thank you for accepting my registration on this forum.

Comment

Good intro thread, You get to read a lot about the users here. I started my interest in electronics as a preteen. Started Dxing the BCB on an AA5 clock radio when I was nine. Played with the Altair 8080, Apple II and Trash 80 in my teens with my friends. I didn't buy my first computer until I was almost 25, a Commodore 128. At the time it ran circles around the IBM 8086. Wasn't until the 386 and the Amiga that the 64/128 couldn't keep up. Still have several C64's. Got my No Code Tech license in 1992. Upgraded to Tech plus with the code a few years later. Upgraded to General the night before they dropped the code requirement. A friend of mine (no code tech) passed the general exam that night an hour before I did. He called and was bragging about it. So I just HAD to take the test. Of course I passed and was granted my upgrade immediately (I had already passed the code requirement). He had to wait until midnight to refile and get his upgrade.

These days I volunteer for the Dayton Hamvention. If you ever get a chance to attend, look for me. Yeah, Yeah, how ya gonna find someone out of a crowd of 30,000? No problem, I'm the guy who wears the blue hard hat with a three foot crankup tower on top. Can't miss it...

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                              As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                              So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                              where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                              Hi.

Nice to be here.

Comment

Hello there.

Shah from the nederlands. Elecrical engineer,. Working with IT Hardware as hobby,. Can not post a thread, will someone help me posting my question..?

Have a nice day

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Fellow DIY and electronics addicted PC (and basically all kind of electronics) guy here from Budapest (Hungary)
                                  Now lives in the U.S. working on racing vehicles (build/design/develop) Bsc. in Computer Science Engineering (Any question is welcomed however I'm not a super pro... if I can help I help )

Here to learn and develop myself

Comment

Hi all

i'm new to this board, looking for help on a specific issue, troubleshooting a power board for the 60PK540 plasma tv (by LG).

Comment

Hi!!!! Im just perusing and learning

Comment

Hey hey,
                                        Would like to start by saying thank you for allowing me to partake in cumulative wisdom found here within this forum. All to often one is at a loss for proper insight regarding tech issues. Not to say I am a expert by any stretch of the definition,by far above a novice. I do have a few questions I'd like to pose,yet by obligation must follow through with the formalities... again,thank you.

Comment

Hi guys, Greetings from El Salvador I am an Electronic Technician, enter the world of computers when I was studying the first computer was a Commodore 64, with a black and white TV all in DOS, programming in BASIC and 5 1/4 floppy disk; Then came the electronics boom, (smaller integrated circuits, of modem communication technology to today's wireless (satellite)
                                          Also everything keeps changing from cassette, to CD; DVD, SD and bulb (Triod), to transistors; IC, Microprocessors, FPGA and Cellular which has replaced several equipment
                                          Thank you for the opportunity to be part of this great forum.
                                          I would like to contribute to this community with what I can in Repairing everything that has electronic circuits.

Comment

Working...
                                          X