This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi! Am new to this forum. I hope to learn a lot from all memembers and I will try to give my best to share the knowledge I have as well!

Comment

Good afternoon,
      My name is Abel and I'm from Portugal, Aveiro.
      I am a computer technician and curious about electronics. I hope I can help, as well as learn .. in this forum.
      Greetings to all

Comment

hi, im from Mauritius
        im a technician and i like this forum

Comment

Hi all,

I'm here because I am looking for information! I just opened up my Macbook Pro for the first time to repair it after a liquid spill, and I find it fascinating what's going on in there. I love using the magnifying glasses to look at the tiny electronic world in my laptop. I'm a total noob to this, but I am very interested in learning. I have LOTS of free time right now due to the virus, so I am looking at options to repair my laptop. I'm in Texas, and I intend to be lurking around here for a while.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Adrian

Comment

Hello, I have been repairing electronics stuff for 5 years.

Comment

Hello! I hope everyone is doing fine during these unprecedented times.
              I am from India, here a premium has to be paid on even the shittiest of the PC parts. So the first thing that comes to mind when anything breaks is to at least try to fix it, also helps reduce the electronic waste!
              Let's strive towards a better world!
              Thank you!

Comment

Hello, 5 years experience. NZ

Comment

hi i'm mario and i'm polish i would like to find pinout to acbel api15fs17 (614-0367)

Comment

HI, Mi name is Andrés, I am From colombia, I trying to learn fixing laptops, my english is not very good, so please excuse me for my short introduction.

Comment

HI: Noob here but not really that Noobie.
                      My name is Michael and like a lot of you I am running at about my 60th trip around the sun.
                      Computers? haw not a chance but after the repair shop kept a broken down puter for 7days and then mumbled "motherboard" as they handed it back, I knew I was on my own.
                      So, and laughing here, I opened it up and wow them parts got small! I am in no way a electric genius, and I am a notorious bad speller to boot.
                      So far I have purchased a hot air gun, a magnifier lamp and other assorted brick a brack to get my self in trouble to fix this motherboard but hey "it ain't working now so how can I hurt it," is my moto.
                      So, I actually have two puters tore apart and was going to cannibalize one board for the other BUT I noticed that the surface mounts were tiny-er .... but as I have cruzed around I have seen parts can be had but wht I need is a schematic to test these boards before I commit to the debauchery.
                      Remember Google is your friend even if the seed money came from inQtell.

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hi All, I've been a lurker here for a number of years, haven't had much to fix until recently, however. I'm an EE with some board level debug experience.

Does anyone know how I can post in other threads, or get to see my profile? I get a warning that says I may not have activated my account? Please help!

Comment

Hello! I'm htp!

I'm here to learn as much as I can on the repair or salvage of old electronics. I am currently trying to fix one of my machines and am having a very hard time!

Hopefully I will figure it out with such a great community!
                            Last edited by hacktheplanet; 05-25-2020, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, new here. Getting into the world of board-repair after getting sick of outsourcing it as part of PC/Mac repairs.
                              Keen to learn, not much to offer besides my experience as a glassblower, which may or may not be helpful XD

Comment

Hello world!

Comment

Do I have to introduce myself to be allowed to post anything?
                                  OK, I'm 63 - tech-wizz, living in Norway and I fix laptops as a retirement hobby :-)
                                  The dice is rolling....

Comment

Just a quick hello from Charlotte!

Comment

hello all, i'm new here and it says post by saying hello to proceed, so i chose to say'hello' here.

Comment

hello, i'm kaleab from ethiopia, and i'm really interested in electronics. hope, i'll get some help here.

Comment

Hi folks!

I just joined the forum. I've been tinkering with computers since windows 95, but mostly hardware and rarely beyond desktop components. I did get into building guitar pedals for a while, which involved cutting vero board and soldering components - but I didn't do it for very long.

Now I find myself with some parts - monitors, really - which I'm pretty sure work, but I'm missing some parts and don't know anything about ordering or finding replacement components for things like that.

I was looking up a specific monitor's button board and I got here and now I'm trying to establish my presence and unlock my users rights to full access and maneuverability around the website.

I've always wanted to know more about troubleshooting and repairing eletronics outside of PC components, so this seems like the perfect place to expand upon my limited knowledge.

A pleasure to be a part of the forum and delighted to meet you all.

naefunk

Comment

Working...
                                          X