X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all !

Im Dave from Yorkshire UK, ex technical from Toshiba UK before it sold its soul to Vestel.

Just thought id join for a nosey !

Comment

Hey hello,

I'm Simon from the Netherlands, licenced radio amateur (Call sign PA1NT). Aged 55.
      Have been an electronics service engineer (pinball/slot machines and arcade video cabinets), programmer (PLC's in an industrial environment) and technician in general. My current job is head of the technical department of a small window decoration company.

My 4y old LG OLED tv stopped working two days after a service replacement of the PSU, that was recommended by LG.

LG's service department is not that cooperative (understatement) in giving detailed information about the power supply. They are willing to send a technician (eh... PCB swapper would be a better qualification) but I will have to pay for the technical investigation and repair.

So now I'm in the process of gathering information about the power supply to see if I can determine the cause of the failure (my first guess is that the replacement PSU was faulty). And that brought me here. I think I've been here before for a Samsung display with faulty capacitors..

Comment

Bonjour tout le monde je suis nouveau sur le forum , en vous remerciant de bien vouloir m'accueillir merci

Comment

Hello !

Newbie here Seeking knowledge and mastery of new akills Just a humble dude from Poland living and working as a technician at the server data center in Seoul.
          Looki g forward to meet new ppls and gain some exp
          Chears

Comment

Hello,
            Found this site during looking for Lenovo unsolved probls on other websites. Seems that i will be with your community longer time, so i came to say hello

Comment

Hi there,

my name is phillip, i´m from germany and 45 years old. found this board via looking for some bios modifications. as far as i saw, very nice collection of informations and good help to learn. happy to be here

Comment

Hi, my name is Fernando but everyone knows me as ElZurdo!!! im from argentina.

Comment

Hi everyone. I am a 36 year old man who has been tinkering with stuff since I can remember. I hope I am writing in the correct box. I am actually really bad at using computers, fixing hardware is my area. Even then I am no expert. I have no formal qualifications, I have learned by experimenting my whole life. I am a general engineer of appliances, not so much circuit boards. I have taken to joining here hoping to learn more and find some friends who can help when I am stuck. Maybe I can even help someone else.

Comment

Forgot to add, I'm from UK ✌️

Comment

Hello everybody

Comment

Hi everybody !!! I' m from Italy 53 years old. I like technology and hope someone can help me to reset my Hp Pro X2 612 G2 Bios Password.
                        Very happy to be there in this beautiful site !!!

Comment

Good day.

New to the forum. From the Caribbean. I am a DIY guy with a background in the electrical field. Came across the site as I was looking for some assistance to fix my TV, hopefully I find the info I am looking for and can share where I can.

Thanks

Comment

Hi, my name is Andy and I have no idea about the electronics but I love to learn things when I need it. I respect all people on this forum for their knowledge. Thank you for all work you do for free only with passion

Comment

Hello!

I am Sorel from Galicia (Spain). I am trying to repair a laptop (as a hobby) and I found this forum looking for and schematic diagram. I hope you let me learn a lot from you.

Sorry for my bad English and thank you very much.

Comment

Hi. My name Aleksandr. I`m from Kiev (Ukraine).

Comment

Hello everyone. My name is Logan. I'm a Power Plant Equipment Operator that has been forced to make a career adjustment. I do not have the degrees or training most have here but willing to learn. I have a Getac F110 that I purchased off ebay. Apparently, the bios are locked....but that's a thread for later.
                                  It's great to be here!

Comment

hello folks New member nice to meet you all have a nice day

Comment

Brand new to the community...and brand new to recapping gear...looking forward to the learning curve! Thx!

Comment

Hello everyone!!! Greetings from Poland

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm Kristopher (but everyone calls me krist0ph3r )

Tinkerer by default, because that's what my dad was, and which little boy can resist taking apart small gadgets that are partially working to see what's inside?

Grown up now, and don't really have much use for my childhood skills, except to try to rescue things that might have gone to trash if someone didn't try opening them up to see what's actually wrong.

My actual fix rate is 0%, but I'm hoping to "fix" that - which is why I'm here

Comment

Working...
                                          X