This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all I use forums like this out of necessity, I have an assortment of equipment which from time to time I have to maintain and repair. Getting the soldering iron out is all I can afford to do!

Right now I have a Mac Pro (desktop) with a processor card which only works after its been in the freezer for half an hour! I'm currently in the market for a schematic and Apple make a practice of denying this information if they can so we have to use their very expensive repair contractors.

I'm looking for a schematic so I can stick it to the man!

Comment

Hi, I'm from Serbia, from a beautiful country on the Balkan peninsula. I want to share my knowledge with everyone on the forum, and at the same time to learn something new about repairing the laptop.
      Well, let's start ...

Comment

hiii guys ^^ my name is Osama
        i found your page while searching for some bios stuff for my laptop and see how much u are helpful and here am i :P

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm Pablo and I live in Colombia. Usually I work with IT infrastructure, but electronics is my hobbie.

I have good soldering skills and read schematics very well.

Comment

Hello to all,
            I'm Miro from Croatia and electronics is my hobbie.

Comment

Hello everybody, um Paulo from Portugal and electronics is my hobyy. I also do some repairs to spend the free time. Thanks to all

Comment

I introduce myself

Greetings to everyone in the forum, I introduce myself ...

My name is Alfredo I am an engineer in systems, I greet you from Mexico, since I was a child I was struck by the repair of everything that could be repaired, I had self-learning of electricity and then some electronics, I had to deal with diskettes of 5 1 / 4 "and 3.5" with pcs Tandy and Commodore that did not even have a hard drive, we only worked with DOS and GW Basic, now I have been selling and repairing computer equipment for 10 years, and I mainly dedicate myself to the repair of printers and also laptops, in this forum I found a lot of information that has helped me solve some faults, I would like to share my experiences as well as pose new challenges that are presented every day, I know that with your support we will succeed, greetings to all in this forum, thank you.

Comment

Hi my name is Sean and I am looking for useful information.

Comment

Hi, I'm a newbie from the Philippines. Just registered here so I can learn more about electronics... electronics is my hobby. the site is very useful.

Comment

Hello,

I am Victor from Germany.
                      46, 2 kids.
                      I feel like an old ogre that needs to learn from younger fellows.
                      I think is great forum with a lot of technical knowledege and knowledgeable people.
                      I want to see how deep can the guys can dig into electronics.

Comment

Hello I am from Switzerland, originally a photographer who spent too much time with computer over more than 25 years. Now pensioned.

a lot to tell but i wont. instead I will post a link to sysopt(i am europanorama there)to a deep and sad adventure -bad capacitors which started in June 2018 on two Mobos.
                        My goal has always been. Going to the ground of all technical problems. similar ones could easily come and could then be solved quicker.

Comment

Hi everybody
                          I'm a new member studying laptop chip level. This is a new environnement That I'm going to explore.
                          I hope you are going to help me for this travel. I wish we'll have more fun also here.

Comment

Hi I am new to this great forum ive been into electronics for years and building computers I am good with computers and just hobby stage with electronics , I love pc gaming and it like collecting old gaming laptops and bringing them back to life . I am currently working on a Asus G2P there first rog laptop with the motherboard being a7c rev 2.1 which I joined this forum to try and help if I can and also to see if I can get help with this laptop as its got me stumped trying to find schematics for this main board or boardview.

Comment

Hello everybody,
                              I'm here because I have a problem with my Onkyo receiver. I would really like it if this site could help me with this problem. That's why I'm here mostly.

Comment

Hello partners. Sorry for my English. I am a Cuban engineer. I currently have a small laptop repair business in my country. This forum has been helpful to me since I met him a year ago. It will be a pleasure to share knowledge with all of you.

Comment

Hi all, I am a Electronic Component Level Technician. Been in this industry for more then 30 yrs. Do all component level trouble shooting & repairing on notebook motherboards & all kinds of electronic devices., Apple products are what I enjoy working on. BGA chip re-balling & installing them on motherboard. This is my passion & I enjoy doing my work. Any kind of help anyone requires, just message me or start a new thread. Enjoy being on BadCaps..
                                  & BTW how do I get the rights to Start a new threads, does any one know this, I do not even see the "New Thead icon" ... Thanks in advance
                                  Last edited by mferna14; 06-14-2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Howdy!! I am a retired USAF Electronics Tech and do repairs for fun. My typing sucks, Sorry. Old enough Im not going to take any classes. Was looking for info on repairing a Laptop and ran across This. Read a little and decided that I wanted to join. Cheer's

Comment

Hello. My name is Denis, and I am an engineer of one-person service center droiddevice.ru. I built my soldering station 3 years ago, and now I repair laptops, tablets and phones. I was told that on this forum I will find a lot of interesting things, dumps of bios, schemes and much more. I do not speak English well, and this text is translated by Google translator. I ask to excuse me

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                        where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                        hello my name is Rayo and im a technician who want to learn from other

Comment

Hello my name is Rayo and im a technician for 14 years who want to learn more from other

Comment

Working...
                                          X