kemet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kemet

what about kemet caps guys? i have to change few amps swichmode primary capacitors and my supplier found for me that brand high temp and low esr and its gonna be expensive.thanks for any info .

Re: kemet

if you mean the black ones with gold print - they are good.
    but only on the inputs to switching supplies - i dont know about the outputs.
    unless you have the part number/series so i can look them up.

Comment

Kemet has low impedance electrolytics?
      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        if you mean the black ones with gold print - they are good.
        but only on the inputs to switching supplies - i dont know about the outputs.
        unless you have the part number/series so i can look them up.
        thanks for answer.no i dont have number i only have offer from my supplier for kemet caps.anyway i use only on primary filter i see on net that gold black ones they are good.the old caps i have to replace is daewoo FHT series 2200mf 200v 85c 3000hrs so nothing special .only i like to instal some more decend low impedance quality caps.for secondary i have all ready order panasonic and vishay.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteS in CA View Post
          my supplier says that series he offer me is low impedance.today i ask for series number just to be sure what i by.

Comment

I use kemet low impedence when I can't get nichicon or if the shape is more suitable. Haven't had any problems. I consider them pretty much on par with the top tier brands, but I'm not a pro.

Comment

Kemet electrolytics and polymers are low-tier Chinese products and should be avoided.

Their polymer caps are priced very competitively - but there's a reason for that. They are not on par with Japanese parts.

If you want Chinese/Taiwanese polymers, save your money and buy Apaq from LCSC.
              "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

i think we are talking about the big snap-in / threaded caps

Comment

Kemet's lytics, https://ec.kemet.com/aluminum/ , seem to be made in the EU, and the part numbers are reminiscent of Rifa's part numbering system for lytics. They don't have the low impedance low voltage parts I mistakenly had in mind.
                  PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                  To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

They seem to have plants all over EU, mexico and asia.

https://www.kemet.com/en/us/quality-...tificates.html

Comment

i have used these - the life and ripple handling is impressive!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                        i think we are talking about the big snap-in / threaded caps
                        yes

Comment

the order is done guys.i ask for part number but he told me dont remember excactly and he said is equal liga like nichicon and nippon.and its expensive.anyway i trust my supplier always they send me good quality and excactly what i have ordered.thanks all here.

Comment

Originally posted by spiros.p View Post
                            what about kemet caps guys? i have to change few amps swichmode primary capacitors and my supplier found for me that brand high temp and low esr and its gonna be expensive.thanks for any info .
                            The real problem with these types of issues (changing the amps) is not only the fact that it tend to be a little bit tricky to solve but also that the solution is always quite expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteS in CA View Post
                              I'm not an expert whatsoever, but I think that Kemet's impedance electrolytics is not exactly small. Far from it.

Comment

OK guys the caps is all ready instaled 22 pieces KEMET PEH532.i think from specs its better than the old ones from daewoo FHT series.

Comment

Working...
                                X