Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Customer Database Software

Originally posted by Ritchie_Uk View Post
    Hi Televizora - Thankyou for the information.
    I didn’t realise Libre could be used, I will definately look into Libre.
    Libre office Base is the open source analogue of Microsoft Access. Essentially self contained database+forms and macros. The simplest way to create viable db and input info in it. More complicated require already ready products or some programming skills.
    Originally posted by stj View Post
    SQL is obsolete, the author superceded it with Maria DB.
    (fully backward compatable)
    SQL is a language which you use communitate with the DB. MS SQL is paid, except the free 10gb limited version. MySQL is still alive and kicking.
    SQL - structured query language.
    Last edited by televizora; 05-03-2021, 06:24 AM.
    Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
    1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

Ahh Ok

Comment

Televizora do you use any database successfully?

Comment

Televizora do you use any database successfully?
          I have created some databases as a test and intend to use either C# or Microsoft Access if I become too lazy, then jam a barcode scanner into the computer and use it keep track of certain items. MS Access can help you create even monthly reports using the built in functions. It is ideal, if you want something small and used only on a few computers and you don't intend to run corporations using MS Access databases.
          Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
          1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

Hi Televizora - I would just like a configurable piece of software, that can also be fully searchable.
            I would also like to be able to securely store the data files inline, so when I site, I can check stock levels.

Have you heard of Spiceworks?
            Would that be any good, as I know it’s advertised as 100% Free.

Thankyou again ��

Comment

Hi Televizora - I would just like a configurable piece of software, that can also be fully searchable.
              So, in fact your initial description is incorrect and you want fully featured CRM.
              If you explain correctly what exactly you need, perhaps we can be of more help.
              Never used Spiceworks, but it is not free software.
              There is a huge difference between "I want to store my client details" and "I want a storage house software to keep track of everything"
              First is simple database, second requires realtime and on the fly calculations and keeping track of all changes.
              Last edited by televizora; 05-09-2021, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Hey Televizora

In 2021 I need to be more organised so..
                I would like to

1. Store customer details
                2. Repair History ( Searchable )
                3. Be able to export into different formats, ideally excel
                4. Supplier database
                5. Procurement ( Stock search )
                6. Linux, Windows based
                7. That’s just a basic brainstorm

I’m tired of having post it’s everywhere, as now work and stock is coming in, I need to be organised.
                I also have a Guy working for me, so maybe different levels of Administration.

Comment

Hey Televizora I’m tired of having post it’s everywhere, as now work and stock is coming in, I need to be organised.
                  I also have a Guy working for me, so maybe different levels of Administration.
                  For this, I am afraid, you will need to pay. I doubt that there are any ready free solutions that cover these criteria. Client details, repair history, excel export fine, but storage availability and etc will require logic and algorithms. As well as administration rights. And for this you will need to be way more specific about your enterprise, kind of work, kind of products, kind of components and stock, users required, rights and the current work culture and algorithms.
                  And entering every single part, component and screw into the system is a tedious task. If you really want to do this and every single small detail to be accounted for, it will require a person that specifically deals with this stuff.
                  This is accounting and it's nightmare. JIT is nightmare too. And usually storage and clients/repairs are too separate programs, which complement one another. The storage guy deals with storage, the technicians deal with repairs and then the accountant deals with all this....nightmare.
                  Not to mention that storage and etc software, especially if you want to create invoices, usually must be a software approved by your tax agency/ministry. And revisions by revisers from these agencies....your software must comply with their criteria and must be certified. If you want to go that way.
                  Otherwise, you can have your clients, repairs and etc, but again you will need to deal with paper, when it comes to accounting.
                  And we are talking about significant price of the software and subscription, where you pay every month or on yearly basis for support.
                  So, brainstorm is just a bunch of ideas. Get your priorities straight and make up your mind. What do you want, how you want it and what is required exactly and literally.
                  Last edited by televizora; 05-09-2021, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Hey Televizora

Thankyou for helping me focus on what I need.
                    I don’t mind paying, as money isn’t the issue at the moment.

If you need anything, and I can help, please feel free to message me.
                    If I can help I will try.

Be Safe

Comment

Hey Televizora
                      Thankyou for helping me focus on what I need.
                      I, specifically, don't usually write software, but sometimes it just happens that I do write some pieces of software or modifications.
                      But most programmers or IT-s are not accountants, lawyers or financial revisers.
                      So, think about what you need exactly and how you want it. Then message me. I might be able to recommend something.

Comment

Check this out as well: https://www.repairshopr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Spider1211 View Post
                          Check this out as well: https://www.repairshopr.com/
                          Great. 1200USD per year. Why not pay some programmer to write it instead?
                          Last edited by televizora; 05-09-2021, 12:52 PM.

Comment

go look on github

Comment

Ok

Comment

This is the software I use. It's freeware (though not open-source) and regularly updated since 2006, but it's in Spanish only.

https://www.cpimario.com/index5.html

It might show in English on an english Windows system, but I don't know about that. Feel free to test and report back.

Comment

Thanks sndestroy

Comment

Do the instructions anywhere allow language changing?
                                    I cant read Spanish

Thanks

Comment

Not that I know. I was just hoping the program captions appeared in English on your system. There's nothing on the website about multi-language support... perhaps you may ask the author directly.

Comment

Working...
                                      X