Exactly same capacitors from NCC and Nichicon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly same capacitors from NCC and Nichicon

I was searching some caps and found NCC KY and Nichicon UHE. I was looking for 1000uf 10v 8 x 20 mm. If you'll look into data, you'll see that impedance at 20 and 10 degress celsious is same, same applies for the ripple current. Also, I saw same thing with some other big caps(680uf 400v, or something like that, don't remember exactly) and saw same thing from NCC and Nichicon, no other manufacturer. This leads me to one idea - they are using same factory and just rebranding some caps.

Any opinions on this one ?

Re: Exactly same capacitors from NCC and Nichicon

Uh no, same specs doesn't mean same factory.

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
      Uh no, same specs doesn't mean same factory.
      then look into a datasheet of both caps, every cap is exactly the same

Comment

And how they could have exactly the same specs on each cap ?

Comment

You make a good point. The specs (including lifetime) all match.

Here are the possibilities that I have thought of:
          • One company makes the capacitors, and the other company rebrands them with their company name.
          • They are different capacitors, and one of the companies used the competitor's specs as placeholders and never changed them.
          • They both manufacture this capacitor design in their own factories. The original company agreed to share the exact formula etc under license.
          Last edited by s675; 10-16-2021, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Not the same factory even if they exactly the same specs, it's not uncommon on popular parts.

Comment

They’re equivalent series - same specs, but competitors, not identical factory. NCC/UCC and Nichicon are manufacturers, not rebranded.
              PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
              To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteS in CA View Post
                They’re equivalent series - same specs, but competitors, not identical factory. NCC/UCC and Nichicon are manufacturers, not rebranded.
                I'm aware that they both are manufacturers, but somebody is copying somebody else here, with or without permission. I would not think very highly of whichever one is the copycat. I'd expect actual measured spec averages if they are indeed not the same cap design.

Comment

Nippon Chemicon and Nichicon manufacture their own parts. They do not rebrand.

Nippon Chemicon (NCC) and Nichicon - and others - sell similar parts that compete with each other directly. See, for example, NCC's LXZ series, Nichicon's PW series, and Panasonic's FC series, whose specs are extremely similar. This is just ordinary normal head to head competition, no permissions required.
                  PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                  To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
                  X