Iiyama Prolite E431S Turns off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iiyama Prolite E431S Turns off

I had a problem with my Iiyama E481S - Blank screen, blue LED on power button flashing. C914 and C915 were bulging and leaking as in the photograph posted by 'Chips'. Replaced capacitors and now working fine. Many thanks to all the people who have taken the time to post the very helpful information here.

Comment

Originally posted by sballard
      I had a problem with my Iiyama E481S - Blank screen, blue LED on power button flashing. C914 and C915 were bulging and leaking as in the photograph posted by 'Chips'. Replaced capacitors and now working fine. Many thanks to all the people who have taken the time to post the very helpful information here.
      Good news, and thanks for letting us know. I'm glad to have helped, but I certainly wouldn't have figured it out without help from the other members here.

Comment

Thanks guys. I used this thread to repair my E431S, which I thought was a gonna. Works a treat.
        Now I'll use the same method to repair my other E413S which was consigned to the loft, and has exactly the same problem (screen goes blank after a couple of seconds).

Comment

Just thought I would add that this repair also worked for me. I acquired two of these monitors (E431S) from work - both clearly had a couple of failed capacitors. One was fixed by replacing the capacitors, the other also had a faulty transistor.

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/o...o_/board1c.jpg

I also have an E511S - capacitors looked fine so I left them, but there were a couple of obviously overheated surface-mount capacitors on the underside of the board and I found a faulty transistor beside them. Capacitors seemed OK so I only replaced the transistors.

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/o...ard2_front.jpg
          http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/o...oard2_back.jpg

It worked for a minute then failed again. It was whining, and I should probably have switched it off, but I didn't. The replaced transistors appear to be OK so I must have pushed the fault elsewhere. Shame, because it's a nice, big monitor!

Comment

I will start by admitting I do not have much electronic knowledge. My E431S has displayed the symptoms described in this forum, i.e. flashing blue power light before final extinction. I consider I have nothing to lose by giving it a go.

My first query concerns what I assume is a transistor, Q209. There is residue on the board so I assume it's kaput? I understand this is a caps forum but can anyone help me identify this so I can replace.

Secondly, there do not appear to be any bulging caps. C922's sleeve appears to have slipped, I don't know if this is indicative of failure. I have no means of testing. C924 appears to be going the same way. My thoughts would be to replace the transistor first and see how that goes and if no good try the caps. I would be grateful for any advise on the way forward.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gbarcs View Post
              I will start by admitting I do not have much electronic knowledge. My E431S has displayed the symptoms described in this forum, i.e. flashing blue power light before final extinction. I consider I have nothing to lose by giving it a go.

My first query concerns what I assume is a transistor, Q209. There is residue on the board so I assume it's kaput? I understand this is a caps forum but can anyone help me identify this so I can replace.

Secondly, there do not appear to be any bulging caps. C922's sleeve appears to have slipped, I don't know if this is indicative of failure. I have no means of testing. C924 appears to be going the same way. My thoughts would be to replace the transistor first and see how that goes and if no good try the caps. I would be grateful for any advise on the way forward.
              So far you are batting about 500. Let's see if you can hit one out of the park. Q209 is definitely bad. The inverter design is our old friend the Royer oscillator. Replace Q209 and it's friend on the other side of the blue poly cap. Resolder the leads on the transformer next to them.

I'm not sure, but it may be a good idea to replace all of the electrolytic caps (with the exception of the large 100 uF, 450 volt one). Check the brand (Hermei?) against the list of bad cap manufacturers in the FAQ.

Also, please post a picture of the bottom of the board. There are components that are also candidates for failure that don't appear on the top of the board.

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

PlainBill, many thanks. Royer Oscillator, well there's a thing! Checked out another of your posts on the subject with a Viewsonic. They are 2SC5706's so I can order them. Just to confirm my ignorance, which is the transformer I should be re-soldering? Firstly there's a PT201, then possibly the round winding with a white blob of something at it's base or what I think most likely, L902. I will report back when I have repaired, maybe sometime, lot going on. Once again, many thanks.

Gbarcs.
                Attached Files

Comment

You want to resolder all the pins on PT201 and PT202.
                  --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

The 4 transistors C5707s or 6s either side of the 2 big blue caps, test for shorts.
                    Replaced all 4 with 2sc5707 and it work, but after few hours it stop.
                    Found the 2 out of the 4 transistors short again and again every time replaced.
                    Please advice and plus can someone let me know where can I get the 2 big blue Capacitors and its value.

Many Thank

Comment

If this is a Benq style board, you must resolder all the inverter transformer pins.

Post a clear focused picture of your board using the manage attachments and please do not post inline. Manufacturers can and have used different revisions of the power board.
                      Last edited by retiredcaps; 04-22-2011, 05:27 PM.
                      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I had a problem with my Iiyama E431S.
                        The 4 transistors C5707s or 6s either side of the 2 big blue caps, test for shorts.
                        Please advice and plus can someone let me know where can I get the 2 big blue Capacitors and its value.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin1 View Post
                          I had a problem with my Iiyama E431S.
                          Retiredcaps has already suggested you post pictures of your board. Why haven't you? What are the numbers on the 'big blue Capacitors'?

PlainBill
                          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Top line -: 7C224J:
                            Bot line -: 250Voj (oy) last 2 letters could be either (strangely printed)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, sabre504.

224J indicates it's a .22uF, 5% cap. The second line indicates it is rated for 250 Volts. A suitable replacement would be Panasonic ECW-F2224JB; available from Digikey as PF2224-ND.

PlainBill

Comment

Your welcome PlainBill
                                Am just starting on one of these but will start a new thread for mine as its a different problem would be too much going on in this thread

Comment

just a quick note to say thanx.
                                  Fixed my monitor, using the information I found on these pages.
                                  I ordered the following caps

2x 470uF / 16V (Farnell 121-9462) EEUFM1C471L to replace C926 and C924

2x 1000uF / 16V (Farnell 121-9463) EEUFM1C102 to replace C925 and C922

I replaced all of these.
                                  Many thanx to all who contributed
                                  Best Regards
                                  Simon

Comment

Me too!

My sceen now working perfectly after replacing the four transistors.
                                    Took longer to open it up and put it all back together again than it did to change the transistors.

I got a pack of ten on eBay fo £2.90 and a pound postage, so a very cheap repair, and I have some spares "just in case".

2SC5706 C5706 Transistor SANYO Pack of 10pcs

Could not have repaired it without the information I got here, THANKS!

Comment

(or flashes blue led and nothing else)

Imagine my horror when i get the cover off and see all good qual caps and non of them leaking splut. Damn i thought, not the usual obvious suspects then. and then i found this thread....

Which saved me a "prod everything" mission. I replaced two transistors on the bl inverter (which measured short across all pins) and that was that. one happy monitor again.

incidentally i got them also from the mighty ebay in a 10 pack for sum of 3.44 inc postage

Cheers, Ears.

Comment

Hi Everyone, I'm sure i will soon enough find the official intro page but in the mean time can someone tell me how the heck i get the bottom screen screw out of the E431s? I dare say that i need to remove the bottom hinged stand but try as i might i never was much good at Rubik cubes so I'm stumped for the moment.

Perhaps someone could enlighten me before my 9 year old gets home from school and makes a mug outa me!.....Again.

Cheers Pozzouk.

Comment

Originally posted by Pozzouk View Post
                                          can someone tell me how the heck i get the bottom screen screw out of the E431s?

Cheers Pozzouk.
                                          Sorted - False alarm.

Comment

Working...
                                          X