CH341A Unable to Read BIOS Chip on DA0R53MB6E1 Motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CH341A Unable to Read BIOS Chip on DA0R53MB6E1 Motherboard

Ok, I have a laptop motherboard who does not want to turn on. So I isolated the problem to either a BIOS or KBC problem. So I'm trying to read the software from the BIOS chip, and I get a wierd file. (all F's) I'm going to attached the file to this post. I'm using CH341A miniprogrammer usb board. And for the software, I'm using AsProgrammer v1.4.1. So I'm worried that BIOS software might have come corrupted, or it also could be that it is not reading from BIOS properly due to driver issues.
    Power led is on and when I press read on software, the communication led comes on. However, when I try to read, is telling me to unprotect the chip first. This is first time doing this.
    Motherboard: DA0R53MB6E1 Rev E R53
    board schematic: https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...3fee8687da.pdf
    BIOS Chip: EN25Q32B
    AsProgrammer https://github.com/nofeletru/UsbAsp-flash/releases
    CH341A usb board: https://rb.gy/6hj9ey
    Attached Files

Re: Unable to Read BIOS Chip on Motherboard

Are you reading the chip off the board or in circuit ?

Comment

A BIOS chip that has all "FF" means it's either erased or the programmer is not detecting the chip properly. The default memory buffer is all "FF" as well so it's not always easy to tell which it is. The error message you are getting might be telling you that the chip selection is not right. Double check or try the "Detect my chip" option.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
        Are you reading the chip off the board or in circuit ?
        I tried both with same result... but now I soldered to a small board that came with usb board

Comment

Originally posted by ACS-Repair View Post
          A BIOS chip that has all "FF" means it's either erased or the programmer is not detecting the chip properly. The default memory buffer is all "FF" as well so it's not always easy to tell which it is. The error message you are getting might be telling you that the chip selection is not right. Double check or try the "Detect my chip" option.
          I have "verify ic" button? is that the one you're talking about?
          I click on that button and it seems to be reading the ic and then it gives me all F's
          Last edited by Zentech; 04-08-2021, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ACS-Repair View Post
            I tried "read ic" button the one with "?" mark and it is not detecting... this is what I get
            Code:
            Current programmer: CH341
            ID(9F): FFFFFF(Unknown)
            ID(90): FFFF(Unknown)
            ID(AB): FF(Unknown)
            ID(15): FFFF(Unknown)
            if I select the chip model EN25Q32B and then I select "read ic" the one with an arrow -> then the button progress bar seems to be reading the ic, and I get all F's

Comment

Did you use the programmer before. Did you put the jumper at the right place.?

You can use this programma also Colibri and Neoprogrammer.

Can you sent picture of your programmer how you set it up and you must use auto detect the chip.

Good luck

Best regards

Steve
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
                Did you use the programmer before. Did you put the jumper at the right place.?
                I watched a few videos on youtube that addressed the jumper issue and I believe is on the right place... I will attached pic
                You can use this programma also Colibri and Neoprogrammer.
                I will give those a try next
                Can you sent picture of your programmer how you set it up and you must use auto detect the chip.
                I don't see an auto detect button on AsProgrammer
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Zentech; 04-08-2021, 01:46 PM.

Comment

wouldn't be better to buy it already programmed.. I have not found anyone who offer the service. This has proven to be something that it doesn't work very stable.

Comment

ok, I'm giving NeoProgrammer a go and I'm getting this message
                    Code:
                    Programmer for MCU, AVR, SPI FLASH/EEPROM, I2C, Microwire, v2.1.0.19
                    IC not responding

Comment

Hi

Yes the jumper is on the right place. It is very strange that he didn't see your chip. Do light the lights on your usb programmer. Did you try also read another bioschip? Maybe this chip is faulty.

I got never had problems wit not reading the chip.

Comment

I haven't used the programmer you are using. I bought another inexpensive one on ebay called EZP2019. It's really more for hobby use but it has worked well for me.

Comment

if you are using cable between ch341a and chip, use it less than 3cm, check connections good. Don't let any weak pin connetions. when connections good you have to try other programs like neoprogrammer, asprogrammer or ch341 but different versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Zentech View Post
                            ok, I'm giving NeoProgrammer a go and I'm getting this message
                            Code:
                            Programmer for MCU, AVR, SPI FLASH/EEPROM, I2C, Microwire, v2.1.0.19
                            IC not responding
                            Have you checked if the board needs the 3.3V mod . https://www.chucknemeth.com/usb-devi.../3v-ch341a-mod
                            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by Guilty_2121 View Post
                              if you are using cable between ch341a and chip, use it less than 3cm, check connections good. Don't let any weak pin connetions. when connections good you have to try other programs like neoprogrammer, asprogrammer or ch341 but different versions.
                              I solder the chip onto the board that comes with the usb board, instead of using the cable. I tested continuity with the meter and is good, but it is not recognized by the program...

Comment

Originally posted by Zentech View Post
                                I solder the chip onto the board that comes with the usb board, instead of using the cable. I tested continuity with the meter and is good, but it is not recognized by the program...
                                Did you checked the continuity between your board and the CH431A socket too? It can happen that there is a bad connection at this point. Try not to push it completely into the socket so it can fit properly when you close it.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                  Have you checked if the board needs the 3.3V mod . https://www.chucknemeth.com/usb-devi.../3v-ch341a-mod
                                  I did the modification but still not reading/detecting the chip... any other ideas

Comment

is there any way to verify on the programmer board that it is working?... does anyone has the schematic for ch341a

Comment

I double checked the voltages of the chip while connected to ch341a and it has 3.3V in ping 8,7,3.. as specified on schematic... from there I don't know what else to check

Comment

Finally got it working... thank all

Comment

Working...
                                        X