How to Program IT8519E Externally with RT809H Programmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Program IT8519E Externally with RT809H Programmer

Hi I want to read/program the KBC file off IT8519E. Does anyone know how to do this. I have physically removed the IT8519E chip from the motherboard & I have soldered it on the addon programmable card to program on the RT809H. How will I do this? Do I have to apply 3.3 volt & ground externally from a bench power supply?? It will be great if someone can guide me, first time I will be doing this programming. Thanks

Re: How to Program IT8519E Externally with RT809H Programmer

Any Help please???

Comment

Originally posted by mferna14 View Post
      Any Help please???
      I don`t own one but maybe this will help - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYedPOLiUOo

What motherboard are you working on ?

Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-18-2021, 09:41 AM.
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I am working on this Dell Vostro 360 AIO 2320 (PEGATRON IPPSB-SFA REV. 1.01) which does not have the keyboard connector so I have to Program the IT8519e out of the motherboard. I checked the YouTube link. He has the same Programming adapter that I have & he is doing it with the IT chip soldered on the main motherboard. As I told you, this board does not have the keyboard connector, so not much help.... Only I need to know how to do this programming externally. Thank
        Last edited by mferna14; 06-18-2021, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mferna14 View Post
          Thanks for the reply. I am working on this Dell Vostro 360 AIO 2320 (PEGATRON IPPSB-SFA REV. 1.01) which does not have the keyboard connector so I have to Program the IT8519e out of the motherboard. I checked the YouTube link. He has the same Programming adapter that I have & he is doing it with the IT chip soldered on the main motherboard. As I told you, this board does not have the keyboard connector, so not much help.... Only I need to know how to do this programming externally. Thank
          It has an external rom according to the schematic, U9216 .Thats what needs programming. Schematic https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77292

Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-18-2021, 03:08 PM.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Honestly speaking I removed the I/O IT8519E from this board as I had to repair another customer unit so this was our personal DELL Vostro 360 & it was working 100% fine without any problems, only I/O was needed. This is why I ordered the I/O chip and was a bit sure that this IT8519E did not need programming, only had to solder it back to the motherboard & all would work fine. I know the BIOS chips are 100% working. Now what happens when I soldered the new IT chip, I observe it is booting into windows, but no display at all. What you think??? thanks

Comment

Did you replace it with one that had the same 3 digit code. HXA CXS CXA HXS BXS AXA .That 3 digit code is important,sometimes you can repalce one with a different 3 digit code and it`ll work ok but more often than not it won`t.

Edit: https://ascnb1.ru/forma1/viewtopic.php?f=369&t=94066 ,use google translate

Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-19-2021, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Yes you are right "SMDFlea".. I will check the 3 digit code before I make any assumptions. I received both HXA & CXA series. The one which is soldered on the motherboard is CXA series.. Will check & let you know. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X