Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hiper HPU-4S350 - Old but good?

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
    You can shop on eBay but it is 60 % more expensive there because of exchange volatility and fees.
    We probably should qualify that by saying that you can shop from Behemot on fleabay. In general, it is NOT the preferred place to buy caps, as most sellers have fakes.
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Oh sure, I have no reason to point anybody to other sellers than myself now do I
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Yeah. I know what you meant - the wording just wasn't very clear. It may have sounded like you were suggesting that you could get caps anywhere on fleabay.

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Old but good PSU, worth a recap. According to this 2007 russian review it was 84% efficiency and 30mV max ripple on +12V.

Comment

All recapped

And it works with no side effects.

I too like the colour of the PCB.

One thing I have often wondered with this PSU is the PCI-E power connection, it never fit anything! The top middle pin is square, it should be rounded.

I may swap this, the pinout should still be correct?
            Attached Files

Comment

I can't tell from that picture what the pinout is on that 6-pin plug. What colour wires go to it?

Comment

I will take a snap of it again when I am home.

Just never seen another plug like it.

Comment

They screwed up lol. Or maybe it is some special AUX but it does not seem as some OEM unit, not with the violet PCB
                  Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

i have one with 6 pins for ATX power, it fits on a 4pin socket with overhang on one side.

Comment

Interesting, at first I thought it was some graphics card connector, but looking at the pins, the two rightmost pins in the top row should be rounded, not square.
                      Maybe it's some special motherboard power connector?
                      Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Some server boards have such but again, this is not server PSU…

Comment

Apparently there is/was this thing called "6-pin EPS connector".

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...er,1029-7.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...1,1177-19.html (bottom)

Comment

Well it isn't that as there are no 3.3V lines going to it, just 12v and ground.

I swapped the connector over (isnt getting pci-e connectors off such fun!) and it all works fine with the couple of graphics cards I have tried.

So overall its a success I think.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Bungz View Post
                              I swapped the connector over (isnt getting pci-e connectors off such fun!)
                              it's almost fun if you have the pin extraction tool.

you can get a kit with a bunch of shells and the tools to extract the 4pin harddrive and the ATX type pins from places like ebuyer.
                              the kit contains UV reactive shells.

Comment

Or just cut the cable and solder it on. Or get brand new connectors from eBay for a buck a piece.
                                Last edited by Behemot; 05-24-2015, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I repaired one of these old PSU`s today for a friend of mine.He didn`t want to buy a new one and i wasn`t giving him one of mine,which is what i think he was hoping for. Just replaced 2 caps 1 X 1000uf and 1 X 470uf both crapXon .Replaced with panasonic FK and nichicon? .
                                  Attached Files
                                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

What 'bout the rest?

Comment

What 'bout the rest?
                                      i didn`t have the rest in stock.Its working now,and i did tell him its only a short term fix.
                                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I did

Comment

What 'bout the rest?
                                          What kind of question is this?!
                                          Don't you know how to ensure future business?
                                          Wait, you sell good quality Japanese caps, so NVM.

RE the PSU in this thread (since I missed it)...
                                          I guess I too find the purple PCB kind of interesting. Would go well with an old ECS motherboard, lol.
                                          PSU seems to be built pretty well otherwise. Don't know if it will do 400W or even 350W continuous, as the bridge rectifier seems like a standard 4 Amp one (maybe on 230V AC line it will.)
                                          Last edited by momaka; 08-23-2020, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X