Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hiper HPU-4S350 - Old but good?

Originally posted by momaka View Post
    I guess I too find the purple PCB kind of interesting. Would go well with an old ECS motherboard, lol.
    Thought the same Just that the only decent one which could be used today is with some 775 which accepts C2D at least, and they did not do many of those, maybe only the P33T-A.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
      Thought the same Just that the only decent one which could be used today is with some 775 which accepts C2D at least, and they did not do many of those, maybe only the P33T-A.
      ECS KN1 SLI Extreme should be pretty decent too - at least with a high-end X2 or FX-60 CPU... but good luck finding those CPUs (or the motherboard) for a decent price anymore.

Unlike the purple PCB on regular ECS motherboards, the one on the KN1 is a lot more saturated.

I don't think purple PCB video cards exist for PCI-E, though, or at least I don't remember any that did. If there are any, they're probably just low-end stuff. ATI might have been the last one with the a special AIW x800 or x1800 card, IIRC.
      Last edited by momaka; 08-26-2020, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I've seen some AGP ones, FX 5xx0, maybe some manufacturer did PCIe with AGP bridge?

Yeah Soltek:
        Last edited by Behemot; 08-29-2020, 03:36 AM.
        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
        Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Yes, the GeForce FX line had a good number of manufacturers that used purple PCBs. IIRC, PNY/Verto and Soltek were the ones that used it more often. I think even ASUS and Inno3d did as well, just more rarely.

But I don't recall there being anything like that for PCI-E. Perhaps some of the GeForce 6200 and 6600 cards, or maybe some of the FX5200 cards with PCI-E bridge.

Comment

Working...
          X