• Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi
    New member thanks for the add

Comment

Hi all

Just joined this site, I have picked at an Aiwa mx-z9400m system that needs some attention, hopefully you can all help me

I live in the UK

Comment

merhaba

Comment

Hey folks. I ended up joining here because I was gifted a Onix Rocket UFW-10 yesterday. The guy said it beeped a bit when you started it up and when I got it home it ended up actually having a full on sine wave noise when you turn it on. So pretty much unusable until I fix it really. So I found a thread here so I will be checking it out. hopefully I have the same problem.

Would be a great part of my plans to expand my home theater setup during covid.

I actually have a few things with bad caps too. I have a few Rokit VXT4's that I actually paid money for because someone ripped me off. I replaced some caps that were bad on it but it still doesn't work So maybe I can check that out as well.

Comment

Hi folks.
            Retired electronics hobbyist who likes to fix broken things.

Comment

Hi all,
              Although I am a software engineer, I have built many of my personal computer systems (starting with a Heathkit H-89 in 1982). I have also performed maintenance and even motherboard replacements on Penguin Computing (SuperMicro motherboards) servers and workstations. I found a batch of serial numbers of 8 Penguin workstations that almost all went bad due to bad capacitors within a year of each other. Now, one of my Asus VK266H monitors is showing snow and noise, slowly converging to an image in about 30 seconds after turn-on. This site has helped me identify the source of the problem as leaking capacitors, so I have a new set on order. If I can build a Heathkit computer and a Heathkit GR2000 television (circa 1970s) from parts, I can do this!

-James

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello everyone!

My name is Carter and I am a Systems Engineer by trade and am newly into the world of self-repairing electronics. I have always been into the idea of DIY solutions like building a computer but, I never quite got into electrically/computer engineering as much as I did computer networking. Well, I have recently started doing my own repairs like fix the analog sticks on an Xbox One S controller and I love it! I'm glad to join this community and am very eager to learn from all of you!

Comment

Hello from Brazil!

My name is Pablo. My objective is learn everything I could and help everyone I can!

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm Italian, I'm passionate about technology and IT. it is a pleasure to be here!

Comment

hello im newbies here im glad ill part of this i.t. solution i want to learn more a lot here in badcaps forum very helpfull search engine

Comment

thank u for having me here in badcaps forum

Comment

Hello people from this awsome forum!

My name is Daniel engel and im from the netherlands! 32years old and 4months ago our first babygirl was born!

Im a computer junkie since a kid, my first pc was a schneider playing prince of persia through dos commands as a 6year old boy
                            From there on ive always hath my love for computers if its not the classic nintendo or the most recent power pc. I love it! Recently (since a year of 2 ) ive been getting into repairing broken laptops as a hobby wich i truly love Nd i wanne get more serious doing this by learning, buying great tools ( just ordered as we speak ) and i wanne follow a training for soldering / measuring components. Ive found ur site vause of troubleshooting a motherboard that i have some problems with and here iam! Gladly to have found this community. Last night i went through some topics and i most say its great how everybody helps eichother!

My newest system is a clevo tm wich i upgraded to a i9 9900k and a rtx 2080 mxm. Love it!
                            This is gonne be my work computer aswell.

Ive repaired a couple of dell laptops and with succes, mostly the gou was broken (mxm) or a new bios chip was needed. Eazy jobs! Now its time to get more serious and truly fix whats dead!

See you guys on the forum! Greetings, Daniel

Comment

Hi there,

i´m Michael from Bavaria. I´ve founded you forum and i hope you can heplp me

Comment

Hi all,

I am new to this group and have played around with repairing electronics such as tv's. I am no expert an feel like I have been lucky finding the issues most times with the help of a group like this. I am currently having another issue that has me stumped and hopefully someone will have an answer.

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

I may as well get in on this. I'm C² from Mississippi. I'm here to gain knowledge of common problems with electronics. Itsike ahobny. Thank you

Comment

Hello dear forum members.
                                    Lot of digging on the internet has brought me here hoping incan fix my laptop.withbthe help of people here with great knowledge.
                                    Thank you for.any help i can get in advance.

Norberto

Comment

Hello forum members.

I am close to retirement (just turned 65) but I am always looking for something new to learn. I am glad I found this site and thank you all for any help I get while I start tinkering with PC electronics.
                                      Rafael

Comment

Hello everyone!

I am a learning enthusiast and have been really into electronics lately, although I am still a novice.

However, I hope to learn a few things and count on your help in the process.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

My name Adhiete, live in Jakarta, Indonesia.
                                          Looking for help anywhere but can't find a solution.
                                          Digging on the internet, and find this forum.
                                          Hoping this forum can help me find the answer.

i got Dell Vostro 3500 from my uncle. Hehehe.
                                          Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X