This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone, nice to be here. Greetings from the UK.

Comment

Hello everyone. Glad to be here.

Comment

introducing my self
        my name is Tinku I done diploma in electronics and I have 18 years experience I love to share the knowledge I have so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

Comment

I'm wonkel, I need some help to Learn how to find shorts and bad caps in some boards. Thanks for the schematics!

Comment

Hello everyone!
            My name is Conny, and I'm from Sweden. Glad I found this forum. Been working with IT and computers for 30 years.

Comment

Hello,
              I'm Kadir. I'm from Cyprus. Glad to be here, hope everyone is OK in these pandemic times.

Comment

Hello from france
                Just discover this nice forum
                Gonna help me to not throw in the bin
                My old pc's for a yes or a no
                Really nice to be hefe

Comment

Hi, I am George from Greece. I have studies in electrical and computer engineering field. It's nice to be here. Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

nice forum, it may help me to resurect some old hardware

Comment

Hello everyone,

after i broke my laptop, i hope to find help here.

Comment

Introducing myself

Hello to all of you here, i just registered to this forum, although i have seen the forum many times before searching for informationj about BIOS passworld removal, flashing BIOS chips and so on, i never reallt registered before up untill now that is.

About myself.

My name is Lucien Westgeest i'm from The Netherlands and am the proud owner of my own company HTF Electronics. I am 39 years of age, and have been working with electronics for as long as i can remember. According to my parents my first spoken word was not mommy or daddy but lightbulb.

So working with all kinds of tech is my daily business, selling components, designing pcb's building prototyp's and so on is what i like doing. Working with computers... wel lets just say they can give you quite a challange at times and challanges is what i like to figure out, but also still realise that with all that i do know, that there is so much more that i dont know. So yeah, here i am, registering and learning.

I'm not really a forum minded kind of person, but it kind of depends on what the forum is about, i've set them up in the past on reuest but dont care to much about manage them afterwards. Although tech forums are that one exception and do like to participate in. So hopefully i can find info here that could help me, and in turn can help others as well.

Thats it for now, if you like to know more about me, dont hesitate to ask.

Thank you for having me.

Comment

Hello everyone. Glad to be here. Greetings from Madrid

Comment

Introduction

I got into electronics a long time ago as a guitar player in a high school band that also needed someone to maintain the equipment (aka roadie!). Bear in mind most decent amps in the 1960's were of the vacuum tube variety. I graduated college with a degree in electro-optics, emphasis on optics. I joined a jazz band about 20 years ago and after a year my old Fender tube amp died. I was able to fix it, which was rewarding. But as things mostly became solid-state, I found myself a little intimidated if something went wrong. Now I'm retired and I feel a challenge to repair one of my HP monitors that flickers and dies. The experiences this forum has encountered is going to be a big help! Thanks.

Comment

good day. new here, from philippines

Comment

Good day! Greetings from Ukraine.

Comment

Hello! My name is Lucian and I am from Romania, I like electronics and I have been practicing it with passion for almost 30 years.

Comment

Hi, my name is Carlos and I'm from Uruguay. I work with infrastructure in AWS and pc repair is a hobby I am trying to get a bit deeper into. Glad to join the community

Comment

Hi everyone,
                                      I am 24 years old from Tunisia, with a degree in english literature, my dad fixes computers in his free time, but mainly basic software stuff, installing windows and messing with linux sometimes. I stumbled upon this forum while i am looking for a solution to remove a bios password from my lenovo thinkpad t440p

Comment

Hello from Switzerland.

I found this forum while I was looking for information about the motherboard of my Lenovo Thinkpad P50, which suddenly failed with no visual sign of life.

Let's see if I can find what's wrong and maybe fix it with the help of this forum.

Comment

Hello to everyone!

So I came here because of a bricked Samsung laptop. I found through my searches that there was someone asking for a BIOS dump. And I found myself reading through.

So hey there, I am from the Philippines...I do some non-techy research job for my work and yet I do some laptop and amplifier repairs for myself and friends. These friends usually say it is "just a fuse" problem and I end up usually replacing potentiometers, caps, and ICs...so there I learn from just replacing "fuses", ehehehe.

I had a 386, 486, Pentiums 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 and AMD chips....yep destroyed them all hehehe!

AND so now? I have this bricked SAMSUNG laptop just for upgrading its Windows 7 to Windows 10....yep I can't access the BIOS...Windows OS and installers hang. It's an adventure....I thought this would be a simple software upgrade....whew!

Comment

Working...
                                          X