LG 50ps60 Plasma Grainy/Fuzzy Horizontal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50ps60 Plasma Grainy/Fuzzy Horizontal

hi fellas. i picked a freebie locally it is a lg 50 inch plasma with display issue. tv turns on i can navigate thru the side button controls volume is good channel up down etc. looking thru the other postings on this system there seems to be a variance of different issues with this model. any direction as what would cause this display issue. sorry my pics are sideways as i don't have the stand and the darn thing weighs a ton. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: LG 50ps60 Plasma Grainy/Fuzzy Horizontal

Looks like and older one, I’ve had mainboard failures countless amounts of times with this model-BGA solder fails on the CPU due to poor cooling, disconnect the main LVDS cable and on the control board P6 or Auto Gen you need to jumper pins 1 and 2 and the display will show a series of different colours. Let us know what happens.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I would try re-seating the flex cables between the panel and the buffer boards, I would inspect them for damage incase the last person was not careful with them. That might clear up some of the lines, If not I would check the buffer ic's for shorts.
      Last edited by R_J; 03-01-2021, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        I would try re-seating the flex cables between the panel and the buffer boards, I would inspect them for damage incase the last person was not careful with them. That might clear up some of the lines, If not I would check the buffer ic's for shorts.
        Buffers I’ve seen mainly cause no image at all when they fail on these I’ve had a few but wouldn’t rule it out, doubt the set would run with both cards that bad.
        Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 03-01-2021, 01:25 PM.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          tried a re-seat on the flex cables. no change.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
            Looks like and older one, I've had mainboard failures countless amounts of times with this model-BGA solder fails on the CPU due to poor cooling, disconnect the main LVDS cable and on the control board P6 or Auto Gen you need to jumper pins 1 and 2 and the display will show a series of different colours. Let us know what happens.
            just to confirm.... if i have marked the right components..

main cable circled blue

pins 1 and 2 marked in red.

thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

z sus failure

Comment

Working...
              X