Panasonic SA-HT820V Home Theater System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic SA-HT820V Home Theater System

Didn't know where to put this thread, if there's another section let me know.

I found an old DVD and VHS home theater system in my garage today. I tried it out and at first it the DVD tray wouldn't open and it also wouldn't switch inputs from VHS to DVD, it's stuck on VHS. I did some research and opened it up. I checked the 5-CD disc tray, tray 1 was stuck in the back so I gently moved it forward. It seems like it's trying but something is keeping it from opening up. *see pic* I looked disconnected the trays and looked underneath, looked good. Took the front off and everything looked good. Went to start it up, now it won't even turn on just the clock. No CD/DVD is stuck, no bad caps (that I can notice at least.) and the fuse is good.

I have enclosed pics of the tray door when I try to open/elect and all of the boards. If other or clearer pics need to be taken, let me know. Thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic SA-HT820V Home Theater System

First thing I would do is vacuum then blow out as much dust as possible, did you try a vcr tape to see if it was only the dvd side that wasn't working correctly?

Comment

Repaired a panny vcr/dvd combo a few months ago, 5 or 6 bad electrolytics, a bit of a pain, had to tear it all down to get out the powerboard. Was a DMR-ES40, it gave an error xx forgot the number but it wouldn't specify that there was a bad cap/s anyway. That one didn't have the multi-disk changer.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-04-2021, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Does the tray door need to be closed to run. Maybe a hidden tray door switch.
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

i think its mechanic issue, the VCR had main micro switch roller this should be to zero point then other function can be switched .. samee to DVD all tray.. so reset them all to zero by hand then plug it in wall.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            Repaired a panny vcr/dvd combo a few months ago, 5 or 6 bad electrolytics, a bit of a pain, had to tear it all down to get out the powerboard. Was a DMR-ES40, it gave an error xx forgot the number but it wouldn't specify that there was a bad cap/s anyway. That one didn't have the multi-disk changer.
            I got rid of it for a reason, but then I wasn't into fixing stuff. I can't see any visually bad caps. But like I said, it was turning on before but after I took the front off and looked under the disc tray only the clock comes on when I plug it in. Nothing happens when I press power. I looked it up and many say check the fuze, but the fuze is good. It was working fine as far as I know before. You can hear it turn on, try to open but now it's not doing anything. I didn't touch anything other than the fuze and remove a couple connector tape to remove the front and tray.

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
            Does the tray door need to be closed to run. Maybe a hidden tray door switch.
            I don't believe so but it won't open to insert a disc when I press the button.

Originally posted by Diah View Post
            i think its mechanic issue, the VCR had main micro switch roller this should be to zero point then other function can be switched .. samee to DVD all tray.. so reset them all to zero by hand then plug it in wall.
            Could be. I have to get it powering on now tho. But where is the switch roller and how do you reset it?

Comment

Originally posted by CapsDude View Post
              Could be. I have to get it powering on now tho. But where is the switch roller and how do you reset it?
              downside the area marked in the photo. move the motor with hand at one direction you will hear one click (zero point)
              Attached Files

Comment

And you're sure you put all connectors back in place?
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-05-2021, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Does it click or anything when you try to power it up?

Comment

Does it click or anything when you try to power it up?
                    No. It was before. I'm pretty sure I put everything back in and in the correct spot. As you can see in the post where I posted pics, everything was lighting up. Now I just get this.

There is one connector that looks like a little bit of the ending scratched off. Can that cause anything?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by CapsDude; 03-05-2021, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Don't know if you have same problem or not but here's a fix it video from NorCal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IX45y_Ml4g
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-05-2021, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I think the clue in that video was the clicking.

Comment

No. It was before. I'm pretty sure I put everything back in and in the correct spot. As you can see in the post where I posted pics, everything was lighting up. Now I just get this.

There is one connector that looks like a little bit of the ending scratched off. Can that cause anything?
                          This could be a problem, which cable is it? what plug numbers does it connect to? If this one is damaged, the ones from the dvd mech could also be damaged. If that is the 14 pin cable to to the cd loading circuit, CN1 the damaged ends are POS Sensor and Bottom switch, and the one on the end is either pin1 (+7.5v) or pin 14 (Play_sw)
                          Last edited by R_J; 03-05-2021, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I think the clue in that video was the clicking.
                            Mine doesn't click. Don't think it's a similar issue, that one had no power at all. Mine has some, cause the clock comes on. And I'm not finding that part that he replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                              This could be a problem, which cable is it? what plug numbers does it connect to? If this one is damaged, the ones from the dvd mech could also be damaged. If that is the 14 pin cable to to the cd loading circuit, CN1 the damaged ends are POS Sensor and Bottom switch, and the one on the end is either pin1 (+7.5v) or pin 14 (Play_sw)
                              Connects under the CD tray here.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by CapsDude; 03-05-2021, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Ok, I didn't see your edit, might need to repair/replace that cable to at least get back to where you were, there's another good video from NorCal where he's sniffing out bad caps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S-3J-FySzc
                                Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-05-2021, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Connects under the CD tray here.
                                  You can straighten out the foil and carefully reinsert it into the plug, just make sure it is in the correct way.

Comment

You can straighten out the foil and carefully reinsert it into the plug, just make sure it is in the correct way.
                                    Is there a certain tool to use or can you just use your finger tips?

Comment

Is there a certain tool to use or can you just use your finger tips?
                                      What ever works, finger nail will work, just fold it back to where it should be and carefully re insert it into the plug, and like I said, make sure it is in the right way or you will get no connections at all.

Comment

What ever works, finger nail will work, just fold it back to where it should be and carefully re insert it into the plug, and like I said, make sure it is in the right way or you will get no connections at all.
                                        I folded the back the best I could. Better than it was. Now I'm getting a F04 error code. After looking it up supposedly means MECH STOPPED DURING UNLOADING FROM DRUM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X