X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi All,

I'm Nick, from London, England. Mainly specialize in Photography, Videography, Lighting & Rigging, but I'll assemble PCs and relays as part of my work and tinker with the odd bit of broken electronics until I either fix it or trash it for good

Look forward to talking to you all!

Comment

Buenas tarde

yo soy Eduardo tecnico de electrónica esto momento se un pocode reparaciones, quisiera tener mas conocimiento para ser mejor en mi área, espero que tener ayuda de todos,

que tenga un excelente dia
      Originally posted by willawake View Post
      welcome feel free to ask any question or just have fun...

Comment

Good Morning! from the Philippines islands. I'm here a novice to learn from the masters, hopefully become better in electronics repair. I first tasted electricity at 6 y/o while plugging in the TV's power cord awkwardly. Now wondering why I'm still here lol

Comment

Hello,

I am from Melbourne in Australia. I am an old dog always learning new tricks. I have a go at repairing most things but electronics is new for me. I guess my soldering skills always held me back....

Comment

Hi,
            I am Andreas from Greece
            Thanks for all your great advice's and links to great instruction videos

Comment

Hi everyone! Shout out from Seattle. My TV is probably dead, but I'm here for some help and to contribute! I've repaired a sony bravia lcd tv and am now onto a samsung, but I am lost in my own diagnosis! I graduated from UMD as a computer engineer and have some electrical engineering background. Hopefully we can all help each other here! Thanks for having me.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                as this is a brand new forum, i thought i'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. Now hey.. Let's not get too personal.. Ok ?
                Just want to enter
                and if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. Even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So i'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and i'm a forum junkie. :oops: i've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times i've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. Especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But i love to share the info and knowledge i have, so that's why i'm here, to share and learn.

My formal education is that of an electronic engineer and i held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. That job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                So needless to say (but i will) i've always tinkered with things.. Yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. Hacking fixes in whatever i find that breaks.. (except for cars, i have friends for that) i got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg hd,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. Man was i cool back then.. :roll: Nevermind..

So these days, i'm forced to be a software guy as well.. As i fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling os's.. Yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: So as a result, i keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. And trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

Now i found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                where i've been hanging out lately.. It's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. Mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and i recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. And i said "w00t.. They have a forum"..

And so now.. You're stuck with me :p

so what's your story ? Come on.. Give it up..
                hellllooo

Comment

all I WANT TO JOIN THIS GROUP...NEW THREAD NOT HAPPENING

Comment

Sanjaya Jung Thapa From Nepal ...Like Electronics..ing....

Comment

Hello ,from Romania Bucharest , overr 20 years of skills and information accumulated over this time in electronics repair and IT hardware.

Comment

I am from the Nashville area. Have a few TV and HI-FI projects around the house that I need to get done.

Been dabbling in electronics for a while, nothing professional.

Comment

Hello all !

Im Ricky from South-Africa : )

Comment

I'm a software developer from England. In my spare time I like to work with electronics. Hoping to learn enough here to repair my TV!

Comment

I found this site in hopes of finding advice on how to fix an issue I have with my LCD TV Hoping for good responses!

Comment

Originally posted by dgambino1 View Post
                                I found this site in hopes of finding advice on how to fix an issue I have with my LCD TV Hoping for good responses!
                                I am trying to make a post in the appropriate forum but the site still will not let me post. I can't PM anyone so this is my next best approach.

How long does it take to be able to post an issue? I'm genuinely trying to get some assistance. Thanks.

Comment

Hello All! Just repair electronics for a hobby.

Comment

hello world. i fix MacBooks
                                    This isn't Monaco... This is Baghdad

Comment

Hello all. I am passionate about electronics and repairing is my hobby too.

Comment

Hi , i am from Jacksonville. I found this site and i read some very good and technical reference regarding tv. problems. I use to repair tv.and audio some time ago before lcd panel became the normal. I have a sharp set that i am trying to repair.

Comment

Hi, JimWH here. I joined in order to get some information about repairing my LG 47 inch LED TV. It looks like there is a lot of good information on this site so I'm looking forward to getting the information I need and using this site in the future.
                                          Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                                          X