• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello

Comment

Hi, I'm Ana and I'm venturing into electronic repair and have read a ton of good info from here. Hubby said i should pick up a hobby and I have always been curious about electronics so I'm excited to be part of Badcaps.net

Comment

Hello All! I'm aspiring to be a Computer Engineer. Right now I refurbish Macs on the side as a hobby and to earn some extra cash. Looking forward to learning a lot from all of you

Comment

Hi, started fixing tv's after one of mine freaked out. Still new to this. Trying to learn.

Comment

I found this found forum when i searching schematic diagram for my laptop. Thanks to badcaps and i found it.
            Greetings from cebu philippines

Comment

Hello,
              just starting my journey with more depth electronics as hobby..
              Love to repair things that don`t work.

Comment

Hello there,

I'm Bakou From France.

Comment

Hello. My name is Daniel. I am form Bulgaria and i want to become part of this awsome community!

Comment

Hi. Wayne here from Queensland Australia. I'm not educated in electronics but like to play around with things when they no longer work rather than throw them away and buy new. It looks like there is plenty to learn here on this forum.

Comment

Hi! My name is oliver , im a french guy who love eltetronis but without(right now) a lot of skills . Im trying to be more accurate about repairing logicboard and find this forum really helpfull with good community of passionate guys ( and women) with so much skills.
                      Hope one day it will be my turn to help people.
                      Cheers,
                      Oliver

Comment

My name is Jack and I am an Electronics Junkie. I am a Ham Radio operator and have been messing around with electronics since high school (many eons ago).
                        I love the challenge of repairing something and if there are no schematics, even better.
                        My first LCD TV repair was replacing LED strips. The next was repaired using an E-Bay replacement power board. Seamed like a “cop-out” not troubleshooting down to the component level.
                        I first found Badcaps in reading Bud Martin's “Basic LCD monitors and Troubleshooting Guides” and I was hooked. Great back channel story about how Badcaps was started.
                        Love reading all the threads and cannot wait to post

Comment

Hi, I'm David... based in south west UK. I studied as a electronics engineer back in the 80's designing and building boards. Then I became more CAD design in aero industry, then IT software engineer, and for the last 10 years as an independant IT consultant/engineer/wifi installer (well I get a lot of fun out of IT, so I find it hard to say no) - but I'm fed up of throwing good gear away just becuase a board is dead. So I got out my tools, grabbed myself a rework station, electronic microscope and a small ultrasonic tank to clean contaminated boards - fired up my old scope and practiced component removal and replace on old boards. I want to repair anything that comes my way. Obviously, it's really useful to grab a schematic and BV file for every device I get asked to look at. That's the reason I'm here I guess... but if I spot a question I can answer, it'll be great to help folks out. I'm a bit rusty, but excited to attempt to repair laptops, Mac's etc vs disposal. So much has been disposed of that if I had the time, or the client could be bothered, could have been repaired and re-used. Quiet sad.

Comment

Hello from beautiful Greece!
                            Congrats for your marvelous forum!

Comment

Hi everyone. Great forum with loads of info!

Comment

Hello it's me

Comment

Hey everyone! I've always been a lurker on these forums, but I got stumped on some HP notebooks I'm refurbishing, so I figured it was about time to register and get involved.

Comment

Newbie, a Consumer Electronics Technician. learn a few tricks with experience. a hobbyist and a father of one boy! typically earn income via repair on my hometown.. just using my neighbor wifi for connection. and an old amd pc for browsing the net! hope my stay worth a while. thanks for accepting Admins! hope to share my very few limited resources here! thanks again!

Comment

Hi I am a field multifunction technician for the past 25 year. I also enjoy electronics and do projects and repairs.i also install cctv systems
                                      Thank you for allowing me to join this community.

Comment

Hi I’m repairing a Sansui plasma tv which has fine red dots on screen more visible when scenes are dark. I cannot see any bulged caps and verything else looks good. Picture is very clear except for that annoying red dots.
                                        Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Hi, I want to learn about soldering the right caps to repair my 478 motherboard.

Comment

Working...
                                          X