• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello Everybody I'm new here.

Comment

Hi all! I'm Tom, I've built my desktops for over a decade, but having just had my monitor die on me, I found myself clueless and came to the guardians of this sacred knowledge.

That's you guys.

I like learning how to fix stuff.

Comment

Hi, I'm Giuseppe, very happy to be here!

Have a nice day!

Comment

Hi, I'm new here. I have problem with my lcd and I hope I'll find experts here to consult.

Comment

Hi,

I am carlos. I had this interest in repairing TVs for a long time but could not find a proper site for a start. I came across this site on the web and found it very interesting. Now have decided to join and be part of this site

Thanks

Carlos

Comment

Hi everyone from Spain!!

My name's David and I have been servicing bank equipement since 2002. I started swapping the full CPU or printer but nowadays I am going really deep into its electronics.
              I have also been servicing NCR ATMs, the most interesting part of my carrer this far.

Since November 2014 I am working in a lab servicing motherboards and all kind of electronic stuff... and also some mechanics in printers and I have been checking this site quite often and have decided to join.

And thats all. Cheers!

Comment

Hi everyone,

I registered on this forum searching for some info about bad caps and replacing them. Hope I'll get some info about it.

Habe a great day!

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello!
                    I came here bacause i saw many topics very related to my interests,and to learn something new...i like learning something new.
                    So...let's roll and learn something new.

Comment

Hello! Greeting from Croatia. I found this forum on Google searching for solution to a problem with my monitor. I have only basic experience with electronics but I hope someone will help me.

Comment

Just joined. Limited experience but en route to learn as much as I can

Comment

Hi all, I am new to this forum hoping to find some answers and some repairs tips about television or any sort of equipment, I am a D.I.Y and I also like to troubleshoot equipment's. I have a some experience in the electronic field as I am a Lab Technician, so hopefully the users of this site can assist me and give me some more knowledge about repairs.

Comment

Hi all im new on site hope we can have good fun with the fix things

Comment

Hi,

I've just arrived at this forum. I've been retired for quite a few years now and so no longer have access to IT work colleagues.

I'm very much a 'brown bagger' so I quickly took to doing my solving my own hardware and software problems. Internet forums have been a godsend to me. Without them I would have been lost.

Thanks to the help the members of various forums have provided I've been able to strip my computer down to the motherboard and clean the CPU. I've also solved innumerable software problems by going to forums.

The reason I came to this forum was that my Sony TV broke down. A Google search revealed to my surprise that my LCD TV was just like my computer and I could fix it by changing some components. Then I came across Badcaps and it seemed to be place where I might find some answers. Also useful was the fact that it dealt with computer problems as well - they never stop coming. Right now I have a Firefox memory overflow problem.

As I said above I'm a retiree. I live on Long Island, New York. Unfortunately, none of my friends are techies, so I wind up giving them advice.

I'm not sure my skills are high enough for me to be able to contribute much in the way of solutions, but if I can I will.

Thanks for having me. I very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone might be able to give me to any problems I might post.

Comment

Hello, I am new to tv repair and actually I do it as a hobby. I pick up thrown out flat screen TV's and attempt to repair them. I have had success at several already. A 42 " Sanyo , 52" Sony XBR. I'm using the Sony in my house and the Sanyo is in the garage. I am now working on a 50" Insignia plasma. I work on helicopters and have the tools and skills but just don't have the electronic smarts. Anyway I've been here for a few weeks and decided its time to get going in more difficult repairs. Thanks for your help.
                                Successfully fixed: Sanyo 42" LCD, Sony 52" Bravia XBR9,

Comment

Ok here we go.. I have no idea how to post on this or any other forum.. I've used a few... searching for various info. I've been involved with electronics in one way or another since the late 50's ..Had a TV repair business in the 60's...( non profit.. didnt plan it that way.. just the way it worked out) ...got into computers in the 60's (analog for the USAF) and then digital in the 70s..(also for the USAF) then PC's in the 80's.. KIM , Commodore ,Osborne, Atari, IBM, even some Apple..still repair computer hardware and do a little software work for the AF....and "play" with computers and anything else that runs on electricity for entertainment... Haven't tried to repair a TV in a long time.. at least not a "digital" one...seems like as the prices keep coming down ..it hardly seems worth it.. at least monetarily .. But....I still hate to throw away something that seems like it could be fixed.. and electronics is still fun .. Any how I got to this site (forum) trying to find what was wrong with a couple of not very old TV sets.. and also to learn something about the newer digital TV systems ( they don't have TUBES!!! Of any kind!! who Knew ?? ).. as soon as i figure out how to do it... I'll ask for help from what seems like a huge base of electronic experience and know how...
                                  Tom

Comment

Hello.

I'm just browsing around for good caps and bad caps. I see some familiar names around here.
                                    GSC, Capxon, Teapo...

Comment

Hello. New member introduction.
                                      Electronics hobby since 1970's, but missed out on tubes except CRT's

Comment

Hi all. just a quick msg to introduce myself. This is the first forum I have ever signed up to so please bare with me if I takes me a while to sort myself out.

I joined basically because I have a number of new(ish) TV's I would like to have a crack at fixing. I have done a re-cap on a couple of Samsung Plasmas with some success for a friend. By default I now get asked to take a look at faulty TV's when ever they crop up.

Im an IT guy by trade, got into IT programming BBC Micro model B when I was at school, career started as operator, then got into coding commercially, then pc support and training with a local council, then went into Networking many years ago. Not much experience with electronics (very, very basic knowledge).

I am currently looking at a Samsung (there's that brand again) UE40D6100SKXXU which is stuck in stand by. The LED flashes, goes out for a second, then starts flashing again. It responds to remote (extra flashes) but doesn't get further than that.

I hope I can find a few hints and tips to aid me in the fault finding process within.

So thanks, best wishes and happy soldering to everyone.

cheers

Comment

Hello and greetings to all members of this forum.
                                          My name is Joseph and I am from Romania.Am understand and respect the rules set by the forum and I'll try to be in my interventions as brief and concise.Thanks for understanding.
                                          With better and increase the job
                                          Iosif

PS, I apologize for my English if sometimes make mistakes

Comment

Working...
                                          X